PDA

View Full Version : COBB COUNTY: Ballot Requests Run Into A Glitch

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
The repubs are pissing down their legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Kent A. Miles

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Republican-generated effort to get out the vote for the Dec. 2 runoff election has hit a snag as thousands of requests for absentee ballots have been denied because the applications were not signed.

County elections officials are contacting voters by mail, directing them to print applications from county or state election Web sites and fax them in by Wednesday.

Many of the unsigned requests came in the form of cards printed by the Republican National Committee and mailed to voters. Republican U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss is in a tight battle to retain his seat by beating Democratic challenger Jim Martin.

The signature line on the RNC cards is easy to miss since it appears after an entry asking voters to enter an address different from their permanent one. Georgia doesn’t require voters to give a reason for voting by absentee ballot.

Cobb County received about 7,075 of the cards from voters that were not signed, about 44 percent of the cards received. “We’ve never seen anything near that ratio,” registration manager Beth Kish said.

DeKalb County election officials have received 5,000 applications from the RNC mailing and rejected 2,800 of them.

DeKalb is accepting applications that are unsigned on the signature line of the application if the voter wrote his or her name in cursive on the first line.

Election officials in other counties report similar problems and have worked to notify voters.

“We’ve now been hearing reports of our cards, and we’re doing all we can to ensure that everyone who is eligible to vote gets the opportunity,” said Ben Fry, executive director of the Georgia Republican Party.

The state GOP distributed an e-mail Friday urging voters to sign the cards before mailing them.

People who are unsure of the status of their absentee ballot application can check the secretary of state’s Web site, www.sos.ga.gov/elections/polllocator.

Link: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2008/11/22/ballots.html

Nothing unusual about that, though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM

By Kent A. Miles

A Republican-generated effort to get out the vote for the Dec. 2 runoff election has hit a snag as thousands of requests for absentee ballots have been denied because the applications were not signed.

County elections officials are contacting voters by mail, directing them to print applications from county or state election Web sites and fax them in by Wednesday.

Many of the unsigned requests came in the form of cards printed by the Republican National Committee and mailed to voters. Republican U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss is in a tight battle to retain his seat by beating Democratic challenger Jim Martin.

The signature line on the RNC cards is easy to miss since it appears after an entry asking voters to enter an address different from their permanent one. Georgia doesn’t require voters to give a reason for voting by absentee ballot.

Cobb County received about 7,075 of the cards from voters that were not signed, about 44 percent of the cards received. “We’ve never seen anything near that ratio,” registration manager Beth Kish said.

DeKalb County election officials have received 5,000 applications from the RNC mailing and rejected 2,800 of them.

DeKalb is accepting applications that are unsigned on the signature line of the application if the voter wrote his or her name in cursive on the first line.

Election officials in other counties report similar problems and have worked to notify voters.

“We’ve now been hearing reports of our cards, and we’re doing all we can to ensure that everyone who is eligible to vote gets the opportunity,” said Ben Fry, executive director of the Georgia Republican Party.

The state GOP distributed an e-mail Friday urging voters to sign the cards before mailing them.

People who are unsure of the status of their absentee ballot application can check the secretary of state’s Web site, www.sos.ga.gov/elections/polllocator.

Psychoblues

Kinda like punchin out that chad, Psycho...some folks just shouldn't be allowed vote.

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 09:37 PM
And just who would you disallow from voting, p?

Kinda like punchin out that chad, Psycho...some folks just shouldn't be allowed vote.

Perhaps me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just so cute when you don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 09:50 PM
And just who would you disallow from voting, p?

Perhaps me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just so cute when you don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Them that can't read or follow directions. Understand?

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Actually, no, I don't understand, pee.

Them that can't read or follow directions. Understand?

Illiterates are allowed to vote. Confusion exists in convoluted procedures and Millions are made because of it. I embrace free, fair and verifiable elections. I think it's the genuine American way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything less than the real deal is unacceptable by me. I wonder why it is so often the repubs that complain about valid voting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 10:04 PM

Illiterates are allowed to vote. Confusion exists in convoluted procedures and Millions are made because of it. I embrace free, fair and verifiable elections. I think it's the genuine American way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything less than the real deal is unacceptable by me. I wonder why it is so often the repubs that complain about valid voting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Cuz they know the Dimwits tactics in fraud...hey just a guess...:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Having been involved in local elections for many years and speaking from a voice of recent ones I can assure you that voter disenfranchisement is 100% derived from repub dissatisfaction from apparent results.

Cuz they know the Dimwits tactics in fraud...hey just a guess...:laugh2::laugh2:

Just who was it that did not allow women to vote? Just who was it that did not allow minorities to vote? Just who was it that only wanted real property (acreage) owners and no others to vote? Just who is it that continues to complain about the free will of Americans to vote?

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Having been involved in local elections for many years and speaking from a voice of recent ones I can assure you that voter disenfranchisement is 100% derived from repub dissatisfaction from apparent results.

Just who was it that did not allow women to vote? Just who was it that did not allow minorities to vote? Just who was it that only wanted real property (acreage) owners and no others to vote? Just who is it that continues to complain about the free will of Americans to vote?

Psychoblues

Both sides. Next non issue.

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't see it that way, pee.

Both sides. Next non issue.

But, I understand your inclination towards changing the subject.

Repubs stifle the voting public. Democrats, on the other hand, encourage voting as a means to make the voices of the people heard. Sorry, pee, but that's an often demonstrated and documented FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't see it that way, pee.

But, I understand your inclination towards changing the subject.

Repubs stifle the voting public. Democrats, on the other hand, encourage voting as a means to make the voices of the people heard. Sorry, pee, but that's an often demonstrated and documented FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yep, even from the grave, pal..

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Do you need proof that republicans are not quilty, pee?

Yep, even from the grave, pal..

Take it to court and see how you come out on it, cowgirl.

Repeating myths and iterating them as widespead or even consequential doesn't gain you credibility in my department. Dig it?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Do you need proof that republicans are not quilty, pee?

Take it to court and see how you come out on it, cowgirl.

Repeating myths and iterating them as widespead or even consequential doesn't gain you credibility in my department. Dig it?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

O gosh ya got me..wasn't there some big court thing in 2000? By the Dimwits? Oh hell never mind. Sweet pea.

Psychoblues
11-24-2008, 12:06 AM
You are correct, pee.

O gosh ya got me..wasn't there some big court thing in 2000? By the Dimwits? Oh hell never mind. Sweet pea.

There was a huge SCOTUS decision in 2000 that disenfranchised thousands and possibly millions of Americans. We have now spent about 8 years living with that erroneous decision that even the deciders gave up as unforgiveable, unprecedented and not to be repeated in any future deliberations. So much for life in America, correct?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 12:18 AM
You are correct, pee.

There was a huge SCOTUS decision in 2000 that disenfranchised thousands and possibly millions of Americans. We have now spent about 8 years living with that erroneous decision that even the deciders gave up as unforgiveable, unprecedented and not to be repeated in any future deliberations. So much for life in America, correct?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Psychoblues

And just who filed that suit? I believe it was the dimwits that started all that chit. They lost and have whined every since..You?

Psychoblues
11-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one each gwb, George W. Bush, that filed that lawsuit to stop the counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just who filed that suit? I believe it was the dimwit that started all that chit.

Glad to see you're keeping up, pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one each gwb, George W. Bush, that filed that lawsuit to stop the counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you're keeping up, pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

No it was gore..keep up..please.

Psychoblues
11-24-2008, 12:43 AM
No, it was Bush.

No it was gore..keep up..please.

Tell me what you know about the legal nomenclature "Bush v Gore"? Until then I continue to suspect you as only an indoctrinated bullshit artist.

Don't make a fool of yourself more than you actually are, pee. This argument is very well settled except among the most ignorant of the lemmings and koolaid drinkers.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
No, it was Bush.

Tell me what you know about the legal nomenclature "Bush v Gore"? Until then I continue to suspect you as only an indoctrinated bullshit artist.

Don't make a fool of yourself more than you actually are, pee. This argument is very well settled except among the most ignorant of the lemmings and koolaid drinkers.

Psychoblues

the names are switched in appellate law to reflect the petitioner first. the petitioner is the one who appeals a ruling, a petitioner does not mean the party initiated the suit/claim etc... i am pretty sure it was gore who brought the initial suit or complaint and was thus the plaintiff, i don't remember bush bringing the lawsuit.

namvet
11-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Psychoblues

Illiterate. thats you spud peeler

namvet
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM

By Kent A. Miles

Psychoblues

My research tells me that you are full of S-H-I-T. Welcome to the 21st Century. spud peeler:lol::dance:

Mr. P
11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
No, it was Bush.

Psychoblues
What would you like, a day by day record of events? I've got that. No point in any discussion though that was 2000 and it was settled..but drag it on if you like...with someone that gives a shit..that ain't me.

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
This subject has been discussed ad nauseum on this board and the other, yuk.

the names are switched in appellate law to reflect the petitioner first. the petitioner is the one who appeals a ruling, a petitioner does not mean the party initiated the suit/claim etc... i am pretty sure it was gore who brought the initial suit or complaint and was thus the plaintiff, i don't remember bush bringing the lawsuit.

Al Gore expected state law to prevail and insisted upon it. gwb disagreed and filed for injunction to stop the counting of legal and observable votes. The state of Florida agreed, the US District Court agreed but the SCOTUS ruled in an unprecedented way and left no avenue for a similar decision to be made based on their non-precedence setting remarks.

gwb filed and pushed the lawsuit, yuk. Prove me wrong on that single issue.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-26-2008, 12:06 AM
This subject has been discussed ad nauseum on this board and the other, yuk.

Al Gore expected state law to prevail and insisted upon it. gwb disagreed and filed for injunction to stop the counting of legal and observable votes. The state of Florida agreed, the US District Court agreed but the SCOTUS ruled in an unprecedented way and left no avenue for a similar decision to be made based on their non-precedence setting remarks.

gwb filed and pushed the lawsuit, yuk. Prove me wrong on that single issue.

Psychoblues

who filed the initial suit?

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 12:11 AM
gwb, as is evidenced in the nomenclature. He wanted the counting of legal and observable votes to stop. Plain and simple.

who filed the initial suit?

Satisfied?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-26-2008, 12:53 AM
gwb, as is evidenced in the nomenclature. He wanted the counting of legal and observable votes to stop. Plain and simple.

Satisfied?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

do you actually read? or do you come here solely to talk shit?

if you actually took time to understand what i posted, you would understand that you are wrong. your loss, not mine. i gave you a reasonable and truthful explanation and you give me this......

next

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 01:46 AM
You are such a worm, yuk.

do you actually read? or do you come here solely to talk shit?

if you actually took time to understand what i posted, you would understand that you are wrong. your loss, not mine. i gave you a reasonable and truthful explanation and you give me this......

next

I answered you reasonably and responsibly and you accuse me of what? Shit? Nice talk, punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwb wanted to stop the counting to STOP while he appeared to be ahead. All lawsuits involved were precipitated by that single premise regardless of any actual consideration of the intent of any voter!!!!!!!!!!! I've always recognized you as a complete dumbass, yuk, and now you prove it beyond doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several very good books written about that erroneous SCOTUS decision and done so by very respected legal and constitutional lawyers. None respect the decision of 2000 and all give very good reasons for their inclinations. Do you care to argue with the facts or are you so emotionally involved that you can't offer credible differences?

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-26-2008, 11:38 AM
bush did NOT file the lawsuit, gore did. you are wrong and all your insults don't change that. it appears that i completely wasted my time nicely explaining to you how case titles work. won't make that mistake with you again.

namvet
11-26-2008, 11:55 AM
You are such a worm, yuk.

I answered you reasonably and responsibly and you accuse me of what? Shit? Nice talk, punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gwb wanted to stop the counting to STOP while he appeared to be ahead. All lawsuits involved were precipitated by that single premise regardless of any actual consideration of the intent of any voter!!!!!!!!!!! I've always recognized you as a complete dumbass, yuk, and now you prove it beyond doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several very good books written about that erroneous SCOTUS decision and done so by very respected legal and constitutional lawyers. None respect the decision of 2000 and all give very good reasons for their inclinations. Do you care to argue with the facts or are you so emotionally involved that you can't offer credible differences?

Psychoblues http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3116/hottrannymesszv5.jpg

You are such a moldy turd, yuk.

Psychoblues
12-01-2008, 06:05 PM
gwb DID file the original lawsuit, yuk.

bush did NOT file the lawsuit, gore did. you are wrong and all your insults don't change that. it appears that i completely wasted my time nicely explaining to you how case titles work. won't make that mistake with you again.

Just a casual research of the subject reveals a lot about the case including the fact that it was gwb and/or his representatives that filed the initial lawsit in Palm Springs County, Florida as Bush V Palm Springs County Canvassing Board. Al Gore, despite your ridiculous protestations, was always the defendant in this case and always simply wanted a responsible count of legal and observable votes. No one on this site or any other has ever produced one iota of credible or verifiable information that Al Gore ever filed any lawsuit towards the determination of this case.

You reich-wingers can piss down your legs about it for the rest of your lives and squeal about the Democrats taking the case to Court but you're all still fucking liars and obviously have no ability or inclination to verify your pissy ass positions.

And you call yourself a Doctor of Jurisprudence (lawyer)? You are nothing more than a fraud, yuk.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
gwb DID file the original lawsuit, yuk.

Just a casual research of the subject reveals a lot about the case including the fact that it was gwb and/or his representatives that filed the initial lawsit in Palm Springs County, Florida as Bush V Palm Springs County Canvassing Board. Al Gore, despite your ridiculous protestations, was always the defendant in this case and always simply wanted a responsible count of legal and observable votes. No one on this site or any other has ever produced one iota of credible or verifiable information that Al Gore ever filed any lawsuit towards the determination of this case.

You reich-wingers can piss down your legs about it for the rest of your lives and squeal about the Democrats taking the case to Court but you're all still fucking liars and obviously have no ability or inclination to verify your pissy ass positions.

And you call yourself a Doctor of Jurisprudence (lawyer)? You are nothing more than a fraud, yuk.

Psychoblues
1st one I find is Gore v Harris

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Idb-GI56PPcJ:caselaw.findlaw.com/data2/floridastatecases/12_2000/sc00-2431.pdf+gore+v+harris&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=safari

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
1st one I find is Gore v Harris

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Idb-GI56PPcJ:caselaw.findlaw.com/data2/floridastatecases/12_2000/sc00-2431.pdf+gore+v+harris&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=safari

see, you provide a link...he just insults

i even gave him the wording from bush v. gore that showed gore brought the first suit, but i'll provide it again:

On November 27, Vice President Gore, pursuant to Florida’s contest provisions, filed a complaint in Leon County Circuit Court contesting the certification. Fla. Stat. §102.168 (2000). He sought relief pursuant to §102.168(3)(c), which provides that “[r]eceipt of a number of illegal votes or rejection of a number of legal votes sufficient to change or place in doubt the result of the election” shall be grounds for a contest. The Circuit Court denied relief, stating that Vice President Gore failed to meet his burden of proof. He appealed to the First District Court of Appeal, which certified the matter to the Florida Supreme Court.

Accepting jurisdiction, the Florida Supreme Court affirmed in part and reversed in part. Gore v. Harris, ___ So. 2d. ____ (2000). The court held that the Circuit Court had been correct to reject Vice President Gore’s challenge to the results certified in Nassau County and his challenge to the Palm Beach County Canvassing Board’s determination that 3,300 ballots cast in that county were not, in the statutory phrase, “legal votes.”

then bush appealed the florida case hence the petition

The petition presents the following questions: whether the Florida Supreme Court established new standards for resolving Presidential election contests, thereby violating Art. II, §1, cl. 2, of the United States Constitution and failing to comply with 3 U.S.C. § 5 and whether the use of standardless manual recounts violates the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses. With respect to the equal protection question, we find a violation of the Equal Protection Clause.

Psychoblues
12-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Don't insult my intelligence, yuk.

see, you provide a link...he just insults

The initial lawsuit was the Bush v Palm Springs County one. The convolutions all result from that one. Bush was not satisfied that a counting of legal and observable votes would result favorably for him and he insisted that no recount be ordered or allowed regardless of what the Florida law required.

Pitiful, just pitiful. Check your dates, cowgirl.

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
On November 13,
2000, respondent Gore and others brought suit in state
court, seeking to compel the Secretary of State to waive
the November 14 deadline established by Florida statutes
for certifying Florida’s presidential election results

that started teh whole thing...gore brought the first suit

psydeshow, do you have some other proof or are you just going to hurl playground insults and blather away with no evidentiary support? if so, no point in talking further with you regarding this matter. got it, good.

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
gore's brief admits he STARTED this action:

Accordingly, on November 27, 2000, following the
certification of Governor Bush as the winner of the Presidential
election in Florida, Vice President Gore followed petitioners’
recommended course of action and commenced this election
contest action under Section 102.168 in Leon County Circuit
Court. The complaint raised five claims:

http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/election2000/uscgorebrief1210.pdf

p.4

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't insult my intelligence, yuk.

The initial lawsuit was the Bush v Palm Springs County one. The convolutions all result from that one. Bush was not satisfied that a counting of legal and observable votes would result favorably for him and he insisted that no recount be ordered or allowed regardless of what the Florida law required.

Pitiful, just pitiful. Check your dates, cowgirl.

Psychoblues

I've yet to find a case under Bush v Palm Springs County, do you have a link?

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I've yet to find a case under Bush v Palm Springs County, do you have a link?

there is a case for that, but only after gore initiated action, the supreme court vacated another decision and then gore filed the action in bush v. gore, and gore even snidely alludes that he is copying bush:

Accordingly, on November 27, 2000, following the
certification of Governor Bush as the winner of the Presidential
election in Florida, Vice President Gore followed petitioners’
recommended course of action and commenced this election
contest action under Section 102.168 in Leon County Circuit
Court. The complaint raised five claims:
http://fl1
.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/election2000/uscgorebrief1210.pdf

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
there is a case for that, but only after gore initiated action, the supreme court vacated another decision and then gore filed the action in bush v. gore, and gore even snidely alludes that he is copying bush:

http://fl1
.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/election2000/uscgorebrief1210.pdf

from the 'findlaw' I'm getting a no entry...

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
ok, found it on Oyez. It's a December filing:

http://www.oyez.org/cases/2000-2009/2000/2000_00_836/

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
from the 'findlaw' I'm getting a no entry...

gore's brief: page 4
http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/election2000/uscgorebrief1210.pdf

this is the general link to the case, pretty good info, most cases don't link to all the briefs unless you pay big $$$$, i think findlaw put this out for free because of the impact and people's interest

http://news.findlaw.com/legalnews/us/election/election2000.html

emmett
12-02-2008, 01:45 AM

Psychoblues

Actually Psycho...it was democrats, from the south no less, your state was the worst in the nation.....who wished blacks to remain slaves, not vote and in addition, democrats were against woman's right to vote. You need to get out a history book and read it when you sober up!

The State of Mississippi has the absolute worst record for treatment of blacks in the nation. Horrible record! Go back and check your voting records of democrats in the 50's and 60's. Absolutely embarrassing! Better yet....look at the voting of the 1968 elections and who voted for George Wallace. And believe me pal......IT WAS DEMOCRATS and I don't have to tell a history professor like yourself about what he stood for!

Sell this shit to someone else!

Yurt
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
mayhap psycho's blackout caused him to forget this thread and his false insults towards my professional abilities etc... :coffee:

Psychoblues
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Are you trying to lecture me about political racial relations, emmie?

Actually Psycho...it was democrats, from the south no less, your state was the worst in the nation.....who wished blacks to remain slaves, not vote and in addition, democrats were against woman's right to vote. You need to get out a history book and read it when you sober up!

The State of Mississippi has the absolute worst record for treatment of blacks in the nation. Horrible record! Go back and check your voting records of democrats in the 50's and 60's. Absolutely embarrassing! Better yet....look at the voting of the 1968 elections and who voted for George Wallace. And believe me pal......IT WAS DEMOCRATS and I don't have to tell a history professor like yourself about what he stood for!

Sell this shit to someone else!

You are the one selling shit and trying to tell me and everybody else that it tastes good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ought to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

namvet
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Psychopath is a malignant dwarf TROLL

meet his family

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3116/hottrannymesszv5.jpg

:beer::laugh2::salute::beer::salute:

Yurt
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
nothing more to say on gore v bush psydeshow...:laugh2: