PDA

View Full Version : Bush Assails US Congress On Trade Pacts

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
gwb is disappointed that more US jobs are not outsourced. Our Congress expects differently.

Sat Nov 22, 10:34 am ET

LIMA (AFP) – US President George W. Bush on Saturday sharply assailed the US Congress for going into recess without approving free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea.

"It is extremely disappointing that the United States Congress adjourned without passing these three good agreements," Bush said in a speech in Lima to the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.

"And I urge all those who support free trade to continue in pressing the case for the Congress to pass free trade agreements with Colombia and Panama and South Korea," said Bush, who leaves office Jan

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081122/pl_afp/apecsummitusbushcolombiapanamaskorea_081122153414

There is no wonder why he was effectively laughed out of the G 20 and the APEC conferences. The man is clearly insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

namvet
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
gwb is disappointed that more US jobs are not outsourced. Our Congress expects differently.

LIMA (AFP) – US President George W. Bush on Saturday sharply assailed the US Congress for going into recess without approving free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea.

"It is extremely disappointing that the United States Congress adjourned without passing these three good agreements," Bush said in a speech in Lima to the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.

"And I urge all those who support free trade to continue in pressing the case for the Congress to pass free trade agreements with Colombia and Panama and South Korea," said Bush, who leaves office Jan

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081122/pl_afp/apecsummitusbushcolombiapanamaskorea_081122153414

There is no wonder why he was effectively laughed out of the G 20 and the APEC conferences. The man is clearly insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

we're not interested in the opinion of a spud peeler from Miss retard. go fuck ya momma asswipe. :dance:

5stringJeff
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Free trade = cheaper goods and a more efficient economy.

"Fair" trade = more expensive goods, and less of them.

Classact
11-24-2008, 09:20 PM

PsychobluesTake this test and get back with us on your results http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

manu1959
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
lets institute tarrifs.....worked for carter

retiredman
11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Take this test and get back with us on your results http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

bullypulpit
11-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Take this test and get back with us on your results http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

<blockquote>You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

Average score for this quiz during November: 78.1%
Average score: 78.1%</blockquote>

I also noticed that some of the questions had a definite rightward bent.

bullypulpit
11-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Free trade = cheaper goods and a more efficient economy.

"Fair" trade = more expensive goods, and less of them.

"Free Trade" also means lower wages in America and more jobs outsourced to countries with few labor or environmental standards. GATT and NAFTA failed to include ANY discussion of, or rules concerning, wages, worker safety or environmental standards. That, and the Bush administration's refusal to close tax loop-holes to companies that export US jobs is why America has hemorrhaged manufacturing jobs to the third world and the nations of the Pacific Rim.

"Fair Trade" is an attempt to secure a higher standard of living for those in developing nations. You know...A rising tide lifts all boats.

<center><a href=http://www.globalenvision.org/library/15/834>Free Trade Vs. Fair Trade</a></center>

Classact
11-25-2008, 07:21 AM
<blockquote>You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

Average score for this quiz during November: 78.1%
Average score: 78.1%</blockquote>

I also noticed that some of the questions had a definite rightward bent.Did you bite your lip answering 30 and 31?

5stringJeff
11-25-2008, 07:18 PM
"Free Trade" also means lower wages in America and more jobs outsourced to countries with few labor or environmental standards. GATT and NAFTA failed to include ANY discussion of, or rules concerning, wages, worker safety or environmental standards. That, and the Bush administration's refusal to close tax loop-holes to companies that export US jobs is why America has hemorrhaged manufacturing jobs to the third world and the nations of the Pacific Rim.

"Fair Trade" is an attempt to secure a higher standard of living for those in developing nations. You know...A rising tide lifts all boats.

<center><a href=http://www.globalenvision.org/library/15/834>Free Trade Vs. Fair Trade</a></center>

Fair Trade is nothing more than paying a price higher than market price to clear one's guilt. I have no qualms paying a market price for goods produced overseas that is cheaper than a similar-quality good made domestically.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Fair Trade is nothing more than paying a price higher than market price to clear one's guilt. I have no qualms paying a market price for goods produced overseas that is cheaper than a similar-quality good made domestically.

nice! i still do not understand the whole "fair" trade business. you can't always pay people in other countries the same as US wages. if people aren't arguing for US wages, then who the hell determines what is "fair?" a "living" wage? wtf is that? i have friends who would poop themselves if they were making as little as i am making now, but i conserve, use money wisely, and live below my means. maybe i should get their uber salaries because that is a "fair" living wage.

obama's brother can apparently live on $1 a day, should we give him $5 just because we think it is fair. heck, obama won't even do that.

Psychoblues
11-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Cutting the throats of your own countrymen is not comensurate with responsible national policy. Calling it "fair" or not neither excuses or forgives you. Present American international trade is not fair for anyone involved.

Psychoblues

namvet
11-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Cutting the throats of your own countrymen is not comensurate with responsible national policy. Calling it "fair" or not neither excuses or forgives you. Present American international trade is not fair for anyone involved.

Psychoblues

You're about one lonely bitch, psyco. I gotta hand you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

crin63
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
You Libs kill me.
You impose all kinds of regulations on businesses forcing them to raise their prices to cover overhead and make a profit.
You make them hire people who are not productive.
You wanna force them to provide healthcare.
You scream when they raise prices to compensate for your regulations.
You get all up in arms when they make to much profit.
You wanna tax them to give the money back to the consumer in order to help the little guy afford the over-inflated prices that your regulations caused and then its someone else's fault when they go out of business or leave the country.
You guys are so lame!