PDA

View Full Version : Rice Defends Bush's Record On Mideast Peace, Lack Of Deal

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah, like she has an ounce of crediblity in peacekeeping talks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AFP) — US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday defended President George W. Bush's administration's failure to help bring off a Mideast peace deal by year's end.

The administration had made the goal of a deal by the end of the year an important target.

"Even though there was not an agreement by the end of the year it is really largely because of the political situation in Israel," Rice told reporters en route home from the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Lima.

Israel's parliamentary elections are scheduled for February 10 next year.

Referring to the peace process she stressed: "It is in pretty good shape."

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert arrived in Washington early Sunday for talks with Bush on Monday, ahead of his handover to Barack Obama.

"For Ehud Olmert, it is a farewell visit to a close friend and an ally," an Israeli official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told AFP before Olmert's departure. "He wants to solidify the promises made to Israel by the Bush administration."

During his three-day stay, Olmert hopes to get commitments from Bush on Iran's nuclear programme, after Obama indicated during the election campaign that he might be open to talking with Tehran.

Israel, the only nuclear power among Middle East nations, suspects Iran of covertly developing nuclear weapons -- a claim that Tehran rejects.

Olmert's trip is likely to be his last, as he is stepping down amid suspicion of corruption.

Link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jmeXZlpeE1o_2tYxKC54cPrkPyIw

We, United States Of America, can do better.

Psychoblues

stephanie
11-23-2008, 10:09 PM
not to worry, the new Clinton administration, I mean the little Marxists administration will solve all the worlds problems and turn the seas into wine...:dance:

Psychoblues
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
I can't say much for solving all the problems of the world, stevie, but I am certain that you would enjoy the wine from whatever source you could get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not to worry, the new Clinton administration, I mean the little Marxists administration will solve all the worlds problems and turn the seas into wine...:dance:

Can you Boogie Woogie?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? :dance:

Psychoblues