dan
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
The greatest concert film of all time.

Agree/disagree?

jackass
03-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Agree/disagree?

UUUhhmmm I would LOVE to have an opinion if I knew who it was. I guess I would say disagree since I have NO idea what youre talking about. :)

Abbey Marie
03-24-2007, 03:42 PM

Agree/disagree?

Talking Heads. I totally agree, Dan!

dan
03-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Like Abbey said, it's a concert film from the Talking Heads, and it's an awesome one. I don't think it's the kind of thing you'd notice just by watching it, but one of the greatest things it does is that it doesn't show the audience until the very end, which makes it a lot more immersive, a lot more like watching an actual concert than the average concert film.

Here's my personal favorite song from the movie, "Psycho Killer".....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FzEadbTCKDA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FzEadbTCKDA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

manu1959
03-25-2007, 02:53 PM
i saw this tour.....went two nights...it was out doors....brilliant stuff

Sitarro
03-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Delicate Sound of Thunder.....Pink the Floyd.....extremely well done, too bad it isn't available on DVD. The three ladies each doing there own solo was breathtaking, very very hot! Extraordinary timing and just flat perfection in a live performance.

I also have a really good concert DVD of Ottmar Liebert, very well done.

Another is of Keiko Matsui, such a powerful pianist that my French friend, who is also a pianist, turned to me at the end and said, refering to Keiko...."these hands, they touch your dick and you die"....still today one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

There is an outstanding DVD of Fourplay playing to a small audience in studio that is Brilliant, everyone is so incredibly talented. ChakaChan comes out for a song.....wow.

Another favorite is the DVD of Hendrix at Woodstock, not the movie but his complete set.....his Star-Spangled Banner has still never been equaled. You couldn't tell where his guitar ended and his body began, has there ever been a person that just made it look as cool to play the guitar?

The roof top performance of the Beatles in "Let It Be" was another favorite of mine.

"Diana Krall in Paris" playing through DTS oozes out of your speakers.

But as far as near perfect production of a concert on DVD my vote has to go to "Sade Lovers Live". She came back from 8 years away and having a little girl to put out a number one cd and a super concert tour that culminated in this wonderful DVD. Besides how well she shows just how incredibly sexy a woman in her 40s can be, her band is as good as it gets.

Lefty Wilbury
04-01-2007, 11:45 PM
"Live Aid" is the best concert dvd