PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick pleads to state dogfighting charge

Yurt
11-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Michael Vick pleads to state dogfighting charge

SUSSEX, Va. – Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty Tuesday to a state dogfighting charge, a move that could make him eligible to leave prison early and potentially speed up a return to pro football.

Vick, 28, arrived wearing wrist and ankle shackles with his gray suit, but the restraints were removed by the time he entered his plea. The one-time Atlanta Falcons star also pleaded not guilty to a count of cruelty to animals, but that charge was dropped under his plea deal.

He received a three-year suspended sentence — far less than the maximum of 10 years he could have faced.

"I want to apologize to the court, my family, and to all the kids who looked up to me as a role model," Vick told the judge.

the system does usually work. he did wrong, he admits it, even if finally, that is a huge step on the criminal defense system. he is going to do his time and i hope, the most important part, is capable of rehabilitation. imagine committing a screw up like this and having to look your young daughter in the eye, she has no idea what is truly happening.

Vick was stoic throughout the approximately 20-minute hearing. Afterward, he turned to his young daughter and winked

granted, he is already down on federal charges and has now seen the light, well, prison light that is. that is the point of the system though. is it not?

hjmick
11-25-2008, 10:10 PM
This guy is a dirt bag. The question left to answer is, will he find work in the NFL when he gets out?

Yurt
11-25-2008, 10:15 PM
sure he is a dirt bag...does that mean no redemption?

NFL? 85% sure he will have a job by 2011.

hjmick
11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
sure he is a dirt bag...does that mean no redemption?

Like so many criminals, he's only soory because he was caught. If not for that, their would still be dog fighting at the Vick homestead.

NFL? 85% sure he will have a job by 2011.

True, the Raiders will want him.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Like so many criminals, he's only soory because he was caught. If not for that, their would still be dog fighting at the Vick homestead.

True, the Raiders will want him.

fair enough. but that is why we have the system, as imperfect as it is, in place. we can't simply send these citizens to the proverbial corner, the punishment must be more severe and i hope the rehabilitation.

Yurt
11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Former-NFL-quarterback-Sussex-County-Courthouse-Michael-Vick/photo//081125/483/a5af99c8572a4c208bbbd68175dc964b//s:/ap/20081125/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vick_dogfighting;_ylt=AjbCJBliK5e.oPuE5W5JqpQN 97QF