PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving - Even To The Liberals

red states rule
11-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Have a great day - I hope the liberals can survive the day

A liberal's Thanksgiving

By Doug Hagin

Thanksgiving! It means so many things. Turkey, giving thanks, turkey, football, more turkey, time spent with family eating turkey, reflecting on the blessings in our lives and of course Maalox moments from all the turkey.

This most American holiday has so many wonderful traditions, yet many people have genuine difficulties during this day. Many of the traditions of Thanksgiving surely must be disturbing to certain Liberals.

Surely this day must cause great offenses to those afflicted with perpetual offendeditis. So before we partake in our feasts let us take a somewhat sarcastic look at what Thanksgiving might mean to some way out Leftists.

First off, naturally, must be the animal rights types who surely suffer great consternation during Thanksgiving. I mean come on! Thanksgiving is much to do with people, whom animal rights types loath, eating animals, which these same animal rights types love.

Now of course no one with any decency supports cruelty to animals but in the real world the most important jobs turkeys have is to be on the table in time for Thanksgiving. To most people this makes perfect sense. But to a PETA member this is blasphemous!

So every Thanksgiving animal rights types weep and gnash their teeth and curse all of us who eat these birds. While the rest of America is trying to justify that third piece of pecan pie while trying to stay awake for the Cowboys game, the PETA members are munching carrot sticks and crying for their departed turkey brothers. Now is this any way to enjoy a holiday?

Then of course there are the radical feminists who must also surely despise this holiday. Think about your typical stone-faced, perpetually angry radical feminist and what they must surely suffer on this day.

They must endure women cooking meals. Feminists hate such stereotypical roles for women. The mere thought of women anywhere near a kitchen probably makes most feminists break out in hives.

So remember your favorite feminists as you enjoy your meal. Think of the anguish they must endure when they imagine women in kitchens, maybe even wearing aprons, cooking for their husbands, and families.

Any good feminist will tell you this is no more than slavery and certainly abusive and demeaning to women everywhere. No matter if the women doing the cooking really enjoy it. Feminists know what should offend women. And cooking for men is at the top of that list!

But wait, there is a double whammy for feminists on Thanksgiving. There is also football on TV. And football is a game played by and watched by men. And surely any sport enjoyed by so many men must be offensive to any feminist worth her salt. Not to mention the presence of cheerleaders at football games. More sexism and exploitation there! Pity the feminists on Thanksgiving.

Then there are the atheists who must really be irritated during this day. Not only do they suffer through a day when people are supposed to be thankful to God, who according to atheists does not exist, but also Thanksgiving marks the beginning the Christmas season.

And surely we have learned by now that Hell hath no fury like an atheists who hears the word God! Of course it might seem atheists are simply making too big a deal over their perceived offense.

Honestly it is pretty simple, if they do not believe in God, then why do they get upset when others do? I mean my uncle Earl thinks pro wrestling is real. Does not offend me. If atheists wish to believe there is no such thing as God then fine with me.

But many atheists seem to have been bitten by the offendeditis bug. So whenever they hear the word God, they go off on a tangent. Ranting and raving about separation of church and state, and grave threats to our Republic, sexism, racism, and any other ism they can make up. It is really entertaining if you can stand the hollering.

And the worst part for them is they know the days ahead will mean Christmas carols, manger scenes, Christmas trees, and many other symbols and traditions celebrating the birth of Jesus, who they also do not believe in.

And all the stress these poor, poor, non-believes must endure starts on Thanksgiving! So just imagine the angst they are feeling.

But perhaps there is a solution to all these folks problems. Why not get them all together on Thanksgiving? They can console each other while eating carrot sticks, burning bras, and ranting and raving about separation of church and state.

Anyway at least they would be out of our hair for one day. Heck, they might even see how silly they were being and finally relax. Now this would be yet another thing to be thankful for.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/hagin/031124

Kathianne
11-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Have a great day - I hope the liberals can survive the day

A liberal's Thanksgiving

By Doug Hagin

Thanksgiving! It means so many things. Turkey, giving thanks, turkey, football, more turkey, time spent with family eating turkey, reflecting on the blessings in our lives and of course Maalox moments from all the turkey.

This most American holiday has so many wonderful traditions, yet many people have genuine difficulties during this day. Many of the traditions of Thanksgiving surely must be disturbing to certain Liberals.

Surely this day must cause great offenses to those afflicted with perpetual offendeditis. So before we partake in our feasts let us take a somewhat sarcastic look at what Thanksgiving might mean to some way out Leftists.

First off, naturally, must be the animal rights types who surely suffer great consternation during Thanksgiving. I mean come on! Thanksgiving is much to do with people, whom animal rights types loath, eating animals, which these same animal rights types love.

Now of course no one with any decency supports cruelty to animals but in the real world the most important jobs turkeys have is to be on the table in time for Thanksgiving. To most people this makes perfect sense. But to a PETA member this is blasphemous!

So every Thanksgiving animal rights types weep and gnash their teeth and curse all of us who eat these birds. While the rest of America is trying to justify that third piece of pecan pie while trying to stay awake for the Cowboys game, the PETA members are munching carrot sticks and crying for their departed turkey brothers. Now is this any way to enjoy a holiday?

Then of course there are the radical feminists who must also surely despise this holiday. Think about your typical stone-faced, perpetually angry radical feminist and what they must surely suffer on this day.

They must endure women cooking meals. Feminists hate such stereotypical roles for women. The mere thought of women anywhere near a kitchen probably makes most feminists break out in hives.

So remember your favorite feminists as you enjoy your meal. Think of the anguish they must endure when they imagine women in kitchens, maybe even wearing aprons, cooking for their husbands, and families.

Any good feminist will tell you this is no more than slavery and certainly abusive and demeaning to women everywhere. No matter if the women doing the cooking really enjoy it. Feminists know what should offend women. And cooking for men is at the top of that list!

But wait, there is a double whammy for feminists on Thanksgiving. There is also football on TV. And football is a game played by and watched by men. And surely any sport enjoyed by so many men must be offensive to any feminist worth her salt. Not to mention the presence of cheerleaders at football games. More sexism and exploitation there! Pity the feminists on Thanksgiving.

Then there are the atheists who must really be irritated during this day. Not only do they suffer through a day when people are supposed to be thankful to God, who according to atheists does not exist, but also Thanksgiving marks the beginning the Christmas season.

And surely we have learned by now that Hell hath no fury like an atheists who hears the word God! Of course it might seem atheists are simply making too big a deal over their perceived offense.

Honestly it is pretty simple, if they do not believe in God, then why do they get upset when others do? I mean my uncle Earl thinks pro wrestling is real. Does not offend me. If atheists wish to believe there is no such thing as God then fine with me.

But many atheists seem to have been bitten by the offendeditis bug. So whenever they hear the word God, they go off on a tangent. Ranting and raving about separation of church and state, and grave threats to our Republic, sexism, racism, and any other ism they can make up. It is really entertaining if you can stand the hollering.

And the worst part for them is they know the days ahead will mean Christmas carols, manger scenes, Christmas trees, and many other symbols and traditions celebrating the birth of Jesus, who they also do not believe in.

And all the stress these poor, poor, non-believes must endure starts on Thanksgiving! So just imagine the angst they are feeling.

But perhaps there is a solution to all these folks problems. Why not get them all together on Thanksgiving? They can console each other while eating carrot sticks, burning bras, and ranting and raving about separation of church and state.

Anyway at least they would be out of our hair for one day. Heck, they might even see how silly they were being and finally relax. Now this would be yet another thing to be thankful for.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/hagin/031124

May all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether it be traditional, tofu, or out of a can. I hope for all that there is contact with friends and family! Enjoy the football.

I just got back from Costco, making the dishes promised in the morning. Have the makings for breakfast, from eggs, to bacon, oj, and turkey sausage. Oh yeah, cinnamon coffee cake. ;) I hope everyone's day is great!

red states rule
11-26-2008, 07:09 PM
May all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether it be traditional, tofu, or out of a can. I hope for all that there is contact with friends and family! Enjoy the football.

I just got back from Costco, making the dishes promised in the morning. Have the makings for breakfast, from eggs, to bacon, oj, and turkey sausage. Oh yeah, cinnamon coffee cake. ;) I hope everyone's day is great!

and do not forget the latte's :lol:

I do wish you and your family a great day Kat.

red states rule
11-26-2008, 07:12 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/dudeinlalaland/tg-1.gif

Kathianne
11-26-2008, 07:24 PM
and do not forget the latte's :lol:

I do wish you and your family a great day Kat.

Thank you, I know we'll have a wonderful time together, remembering old times and being thankful for the present. I grabbed a 5# bag of clemintines, one of our family favorites. ;)

Yurt
11-26-2008, 07:31 PM
i am going to make mexican. nachos, haystacks, enchiladas.....whatever is easy

muy gracious!

red states rule
11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
i am going to make mexican. nachos, haystacks, enchiladas.....whatever is easy

muy gracious!

Sound like great spread Yurt. The best to you and your family

Des
11-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I wonder how much energy it has to take to dislike an entire group of people that much.

red states rule
11-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I wonder how much energy it has to take to dislike an entire group of people that much.

Mearly pointing out what liberals have said for years, and throwing it back in their face

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well Des

Des
11-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Mearly pointing out what liberals have said for years, and throwing it back in their face

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well Des

I will, and you too. It doesn't mean I'm not fascinated with your obsession with liberals.

red states rule
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
I will, and you too. It doesn't mean I'm not fascinated with your obsession with liberals.

Not obsessed - just pointing out what they say and do Des.

Trigg
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Well we just finished putting the tree up and all the decorations. Turned on the Christmas music and sang a few songs.

We're now on our way to my liberal in-laws for a VERY traditional Thanksgiving. She does all the cooking all I have to do is bring chocolate pie and people to eat the food. Life is good.

On Sunday I'll head to my republican mothers house to have a very non-traditional Thanksgiving with my liberal sister in attendance. My sister and I do all the cooking since mom isn't a very......well lets just say she doesn't like to cook. :laugh2:

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING

Abbey Marie
11-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Well we just finished putting the tree up and all the decorations. Turned on the Christmas music and sang a few songs.

We're now on our way to my liberal in-laws for a VERY traditional Thanksgiving. She does all the cooking all I have to do is bring chocolate pie and people to eat the food. Life is good.

On Sunday I'll head to my republican mothers house to have a very non-traditional Thanksgiving with my liberal sister in attendance. My sister and I do all the cooking since mom isn't a very......well lets just say she doesn't like to cook. :laugh2:

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving, Trigg. The tree sounds great. Your mom sounds kind of like me, lol.

Happy Thanksgiving Red, and everyone!

Kathianne
11-27-2008, 01:46 PM
This weekend will get inside decorations up, the kids put the outside ones up the other evening. I love driving up and seeing the house lit up!

Potatoes are in the oven, my friend and her husband stopped by for coffee and coffee cake, ended up peeling 10# of potatoes, while I built the layers. Sometimes life is so good.

Remember when we got 'dressed up' for holidays? I'm going in jeans and Christmas sweater, that's dressed up today. Now Christmas Eve we dress, but that's for midnight mass.

Sitarro
11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all, I'm on my way to work. The airline industry doesn't get holidays so I'll be out there helping people get to where they are going, they and their vibrating luggage(you wouldn't believe how many bags are vibrating).:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

To Carmen, who was going to Caraccus last night, I hope you brought extra batteries because your personal massager was really cranking.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Mr. P
11-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all, I'm on my way to work. The airline industry doesn't get holidays so I'll be out there helping people get to where they are going, they and their vibrating luggage(you wouldn't believe how many bags are vibrating).:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

To Carmen, who was going to Caraccus last night, I hope you brought extra batteries because your personal massager was really cranking.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I hated being in aviation on holidays...I feel for ya..Heck it's a 24/7 365 day deal..most folks don't understand that. Have fun..if ya can.

April15
11-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I will, and you too. It doesn't mean I'm not fascinated with your obsession with liberals.If he knew a liberal he would know that the stereotype he puts out is just that.

Classact
11-27-2008, 04:46 PM
This is really great, at least I think so! Happy Turkey day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ifyi8-lxo&eurl=http://www.defendingthetruth.com/humor/22180-happy-thanksgiving-everyone.html&feature=player_embedded

manu1959
11-27-2008, 04:49 PM

cruise over to the DU and ask em.....