PDA

View Full Version : Bailout bill hits $7.7 trillion

red states rule
11-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Christmas has come early for those seeking bailouts - and the Dem Congress has opened the door to the US Treasury for them

So far the cost to US taxpayers - $24,000 for every man, women, and child in the US

Bailout bill hits $7.7 trillion - that's 24G per person!
BY HELEN KENNEDY

Another day, another heart-stoppingly huge Wall Street bailout.

The federal government stepped in Monday and guaranteed $300 billion of Citigroup's assets to keep the sprawling megabank from collapsing under waves of investor panic.

That brought the total of promised government outlays and guarantees to a staggering $7.7 trillion, a Bloomberg News analysis found. That figure dwarfs the whopping $700 billion Wall Street bailout.

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/11/24/2008-11-24_bailout_bill_hits_77_trillion__thats_24g.html

11-26-2008, 08:48 PM
I aint covering this check.

red states rule
11-26-2008, 08:50 PM
I aint covering this check.

Looks like libs love deficit spending after runing against it

red states rule
11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
This from the President of Air America - I was shocked to learn Air America was still in business

Air America President Dismisses Deficit Spending as 'Rhetoric'; Says Balanced Budgets Only 'Politically Real'
By Jeff Poor
November 26, 2008 - 10:46 ET

Now that the government has assumed the role of economic planner with various bailout packages and stimulus plans, experts are predicting a federal budget deficit of $1 trillion.

That much money may be difficult to comprehend, but former President Ronald Reagan put it in perspective with a 1981 analogy describing the federal debt: "And the best I could come up with is that if you had a stack of thousand-dollar bills in your hand only 4 inches high, you'd be a millionaire. A trillion dollars would be a stack of thousand-dollar bills 67 miles high."

But the huge number doesn't worry Mark Green, the president of the liberal talk radio network Air America. Green dismissed concerns about deficit spending in an interview on MSNBC's "Hardball" Nov. 25.

Let's get where we at least agree," Green said. "One last thing, the conservative rhetoric about, ‘We don't want to spend too much and the deficit' is real, it's politically real. And Sen. and President-elect Obama responded today when he said we have to eventually balance the budget."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeff-poor/2008/11/26/air-america-president-dismisses-deficit-spending-rhetoric-says-balanced-b

Binky
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
And growing! :puke:

Joe Steel
11-27-2008, 10:03 AM
This from the President of Air America - I was shocked to learn Air America was still in business

I'm not surprised you're surprised. Reality is a very difficult subject for a Conservative.

Joe Steel
11-27-2008, 10:08 AM
So far the cost to US taxpayers - $24,000 for every man, women, and child in the US

Bailout bill hits $7.7 trillion - that's 24G per person!
BY HELEN KENNEDY

In the years before WWII, America closed its eyes to the gathering storm and paid the price of its negligence in blood. Now our negligence, our willingness to ignore the disaster Bush was creating, will cost only money.

Maybe that's a reason for being thankful.

5stringJeff
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Congratulations to George W. Bush for adding $7.7 trillion to our national debt!!! :thumb: :rolleyes:

Joe Steel
11-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Congratulations to George W. Bush for adding $7.7 trillion to our national debt!!! :thumb: :rolleyes:

Now that's Conservatism -- congratulating Bush for subsidizing the wealthy at the expense of generations yet to come.

11-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Now that's Conservatism -- congratulating Bush for subsidizing the wealthy at the expense of generations yet to come.

Funny, last time I checked P.E. Obama was the one pushing for larger bailouts for the wealthy.

Joe Steel
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Funny, last time I checked P.E. Obama was the one pushing for larger bailouts for the wealthy.

Conservatives caused our problems. The last time I checked, we didn't blame the doctor for needing therapy.

5stringJeff
11-27-2008, 01:25 PM

It was sarcasm. That's what the :rolleyes: was for.

If Bush was a real conservative, he would have decreased government spending instead of increasing it.

11-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Conservatives caused our problems. The last time I checked, we didn't blame the doctor for needing therapy.

Conservatives havent ever truely been in charge. Because conservatives decrease the size of government.

Sitarro
11-27-2008, 03:14 PM

If Bush was a real conservative, he would have decreased government spending instead of increasing it.

It would appear from the last election, only .05% of the voters were the ''real conservatives''.

5stringJeff
11-28-2008, 01:37 AM
It would appear from the last election, only .05% of the voters were the ''real conservatives''.

510K out of ~125M is about .4%. But, since McCain sure isn't a fan of small government, I suppose you're right.

Joe Steel
11-28-2008, 06:31 AM

Sorry. I ignore those little cartoon things.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:22 AM

Jeff, last I checked, the Dems control the check book, and Pres Bush can't spend a one cent of taxpayer money

5stringJeff
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Jeff, last I checked, the Dems control the check book, and Pres Bush can't spend a one cent of taxpayer money

Last I checked, Bush's signature was attached to every single appropriations bill to have been put into law over the last eight years.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Last I checked, Bush's signature was attached to every single appropriations bill to have been put into law over the last eight years.

and for the last 2 years, those bills were wrote and approved by Dems

Both paties are to blame - but the spending will explode now that Dems are running everything

5stringJeff
12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Both parties are to blame

This is my point exactly - both parties are culpable for the government's horrendous debt and current state of affairs.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
This is my point exactly - both parties are culpable for the government's horrendous debt and current state of affairs.

and when did I ever say both parties were not to blame? With liberals now in total control, the spending and deficits will only increase

Which seems to fine now with liberals and theiir friends in the media

5stringJeff
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
and when did I ever say both parties were not to blame? With liberals now in total control, the spending and deficits will only increase

Which seems to fine now with liberals and theiir friends in the media

I don't think I've ever seen you deny that the GOP has spent like drunken sailors at a whorehouse. But you sure do spend most of your time beating the drum against the Left.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you deny that the GOP has spent like drunken sailors at a whorehouse. But you sure do spend most of your time beating the drum against the Left.

Then you need to pay attention more Jeff. I have called Republicnas on spending, arrogance, immigration, and the borders

I am a Reagan conservative, and I do take both parties to task

Yurt
12-01-2008, 06:59 PM

unless i am mistaken, i believe more on the left support this than those on the right. many republicans were very vocal against this while very few dems were against it. regardless, the dems are the ones "now" calling for even more money and i have yet to hear on single dem speak out against these new requests.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
unless i am mistaken, i believe more on the left support this than those on the right. many republicans were very vocal against this while very few dems were against it. regardless, the dems are the ones "now" calling for even more money and i have yet to hear on single dem speak out against these new requests.

and not one Dem has voiced concern the annual Federal deficit could hit $1 trillion

5stringJeff
12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
and not one Dem has voiced concern the annual Federal deficit could hit $1 trillion

And over half of the GOP went along with it, to include the party leadership, which I believe to be ideologically bankrupt, save that they want to expand the reach and power of the federal government.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 08:19 PM
And over half of the GOP went along with it, to include the party leadership, which I believe to be ideologically bankrupt, save that they want to expand the reach and power of the federal government.

and I said I am opposed to any bailout, and Republicans are guilty of overspending

Perhaps if Dems would have listened to Pres Bush and McCan years ago we would not have the problems we have now

5stringJeff
12-01-2008, 08:28 PM
and I said I am opposed to any bailout, and Republicans are guilty of overspending

I agree.

Perhaps if Dems would have listened to Pres Bush and McCan years ago we would not have the problems we have now

I disagree. Bush and McCain are not deficit cutters by any stretch of the imagination. Non-military discretionary spending doubled under Bush. He didn't attempt to solve this problem, he helped to create it.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I agree.

I disagree. Bush and McCain are not deficit cutters by any stretch of the imagination. Non-military discretionary spending doubled under Bush. He didn't attempt to solve this problem, he helped to create it.

If Dems would have listened, perhaps we would not be spending $7 trillion to fix a prblem that could have fixed years ago