PDA

View Full Version : White Ethnocentrism: Can Americans Really Be Brainwashed?

WendyGirl33
11-29-2008, 02:00 AM
White Ethnocentrism: Can Americans Really Be Brainwashed?

Most Republicans are not rich white oligarchs. The fact is that the Republican base is really about the Sarah Palin phenomenon—white Christians—many with small town roots in the South and West—who yearn for the America they are rapidly losing: a white America

One of the great intellectual divides is the venerable nature/nurture dichotomy.

Conservatives tend to be on the side of nature:

"Race exists as a biological reality; there are race differences in socially important traits like IQ; people’s brains are wired to prefer people like themselves; they are more likely to contribute to public goods like health care and education if the beneficiaries are of the same ethnic group; people trust others more if they live in homogeneous societies."

The left takes the opposite tack:

"Race doesn’t exist; the idea that it does exist is a fantasy of moral reprobates. To the extent that differences in traits like IQ are interesting at all, they are the result of capitalism, discrimination, or general evil. If it weren’t for white people behaving badly, we could easily build a strong, racially diverse multicultural society where all people can live happily ever after."

I am not going to try to convince you of the merits of either side of this debate. Over the years, VDARE.COM has certainly published some of the premier writers on the nature side.

But if you pick up the New York Times, you’ll get a very different version of these issues. It’s a version which, sad to say, has a lot more influence.

So what makes culture so powerful and how does it work at the psychological level?

Article Source (May be easier to read at source because of hyperlinks):

http://vdare.com/macdonald/081125_ethnocentrism.htm

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.com/

Nukeman
11-29-2008, 06:41 AM

Most Republicans are not rich white oligarchs. The fact is that the Republican base is really about the Sarah Palin phenomenon—white Christians—many with small town roots in the South and West—who yearn for the America they are rapidly losing: a white America

One of the great intellectual divides is the venerable nature/nurture dichotomy.

Conservatives tend to be on the side of nature:

"Race exists as a biological reality; there are race differences in socially important traits like IQ; people’s brains are wired to prefer people like themselves; they are more likely to contribute to public goods like health care and education if the beneficiaries are of the same ethnic group; people trust others more if they live in homogeneous societies."
The left takes the opposite tack:

"Race doesn’t exist; the idea that it does exist is a fantasy of moral reprobates. To the extent that differences in traits like IQ are interesting at all, they are the result of capitalism, discrimination, or general evil. If it weren’t for white people behaving badly, we could easily build a strong, racially diverse multicultural society where all people can live happily ever after."

I am not going to try to convince you of the merits of either side of this debate. Over the years, VDARE.COM has certainly published some of the premier writers on the nature side.

But if you pick up the New York Times, you’ll get a very different version of these issues. It’s a version which, sad to say, has a lot more influence.

So what makes culture so powerful and how does it work at the psychological level?

Article Source (May be easier to read at source because of hyperlinks):

http://vdare.com/macdonald/081125_ethnocentrism.htm

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.com/
So what your "attempting" to say is that all of us on the "right" are obviously bigots and racist???? Give me a freaking break. The left are the ones that are constantly pulling the race card WHENEVER and WHEREVER they feel it will give them an upper hand.

I am sorry to bust YOUR bubble but for me and EVERYONE I know who is conservative they believe that a person STANDS on their OWN merit not based on race.

The part I bolded in this article is very telling. This could be said about EVERYONE, no matter you race, religion, or ethnic background. Don't give me that BS of the liberals are color blind. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE would prefer to socialize and interact with their PEERS who are like minded and of the the same social/economic background, because they have a commonality they share with one another, usually their VALUES!!!

The part about "whites" behaving badly is utter BS. Whites in this country do the VAST majority of volunteer work, charitable contributions, and social services. Lets not even mention the amount they pay in taxes compared to other groups in the US and the proportional utilization of those services..

Give me a freaking break! I love how it is OK to bash whites yet if a white were to attempt to justify or even clarify they are some how "behaving badly" or are racist, red neck, hill jacks on the right...

Joe Steel
11-29-2008, 07:03 AM

Racism is one of the fundamental "values" of the Republican party. That's why it's either dead or dying outside of the South and rural areas.

Nukeman
11-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Racism is one of the fundamental "values" of the Republican party. That's why it's either dead or dying outside of the South and rural areas.
Racism is alive and well in all the inner cities of the US. YOU just don't want to see it, because it doesn't involve whites only. Which party brings the race card to bare in EVERY election Joe??

My perspective is that MOST people are NOT racist, but MOST people ARE prejudiced. EVERYONE would prefer to be with people who are LIKE them, be it racially, ethnically, or socio/economic background. This goes for EVERYONE Joe not just those conservatives.... EVERYONE....

Joe Steel
11-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Racism is alive and well in all the inner cities of the US. YOU just don't want to see it, because it doesn't involve whites only. Which party brings the race card to bare in EVERY election Joe??

Which party? The Republican party.

While it may not assert the overt bigotry of past, it does make sure race is a factor when it will help the party. Republican political ads, for instance, frequently deliver racist messages.

PostmodernProphet
11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Racism is one of the fundamental "values" of the Republican party.
odd then that it is a fundamental platform of the Democratic Party....if it weren't for their constant emphasis on racism to guarantee the poor black vote and it's constant emphasis against business to guarantee the ignorant white labor union vote the Democratic Party would be nothing except the New England lackwits who control the party.....

Nukeman
11-29-2008, 07:46 AM

While it may not assert the overt bigotry of past, it does make sure race is a factor when it will help the party. Republican political ads, for instance, frequently deliver racist messages.Ummm you would be WRONG Joe, yet again. The democratic party has its "fundamental" start in racism so if any party has the basis for racism it is the Dem party. YOU really never pay attention do you???

Please read PMP post very carefully, it is very true.....

Classact
11-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Everyone needs to take a break and read the first link on post 1. The second link requires some searching for the proper article to make the point.

Yes, brainwashing is alive and well, from gays, race to global warming there is an agenda.

11-29-2008, 01:25 PM
A white America? Who the hell cares what the racial makeup of the country is as long as our American values are kept?

What does it take to convince you stupid liberals that we dont give a damn about race? It's the American culture we care about. Liberty. Freedom. The right to think and say and worship the way we choose to. The right to make an honest living the way choose. The right to associate with whom we choose.

There is only one racist party in America. There is only one party that judges you by race. and that is the Democrat party. And everyone with a brain realizes that.

Abbey Marie
11-29-2008, 02:08 PM
A white America? Who the hell cares what the racial makeup of the country is as long as our American values are kept?

What does it take to convince you stupid liberals that we dont give a damn about race? It's the American culture we care about. Liberty. Freedom. The right to think and say and worship the way we choose to. The right to make an honest living the way choose. The right to associate with whom we choose.

There is only one racist party in America. There is only one party that judges you by race. and that is the Democrat party. And everyone with a brain realizes that.

Post of the month, Avi!

And rep on the way, because another one of the tenets of American culture is to reward a job well done. :beer:

Sitarro
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
odd then that it is a fundamental platform of the Democratic Party....if it weren't for their constant emphasis on racism to guarantee the poor black vote and it's constant emphasis against business to guarantee the ignorant white labor union vote the Democratic Party would be nothing except the New England lackwits who control the party.....

Great answer Prophet and i really like the term lackwit, descibes liberals perfectly.

Exactly Av........ i wanted to rep both of these but wasn't allowed, maybe I should start spreading the neg rep around whenever I read anything joe-tinboy writes.:laugh2:

Des
12-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Race differences do exist, so do different color hair, dialects, geographical customs, religions...etc...etc. People are different. We have different "tribes" and a wide array of ways to identify them, and sometimes, they are ways that conflict with the knowledge that a person is just a person.

It's amazing what racist b.s. some people try to spin off as "knowledge" though.

emmett
12-02-2008, 02:28 AM

You need to get out your history book son! George Wallace was a democrat! Lester Maddox was a democrat! Democrats stood firmly in the way of progress on the part of blacks, women and asians! You need to do some research!

Lincoln was a Republican! NIxon....Yes Richard friggin Milhouse Nixon fought harder for black's rights in the sixties than almost anyone in that century!

It was only after Democrats had clearly lost the race war and were unable to keep black and white bathrooms that they began their hoodwinking of them (which worked). Blacks are still used by democrats as a guarenteed voting block! All a politician has to do is tell them they will give them something and wa-lah! They file into the booth like zombies. Republicans (who pay six times as much taxes as Democrats in this country) promote an agenda that promotes personal responsibility, well.....they used to!

Democrats are prop whores! If it wasn't for the press, they wouldn't win shit! It's the great big American lie! Wait til around 2011 when blacks realize that the messiah isn't able to guarentee them a damn thing! After the stock market has been wiped out (middle of next year), gas will cost 7.00 a gallon and there are no farmers left in America and a fucking onion costs 4 bucks, they'll change their tune. Get ready to watch blacks convert to the conservative ranks faster than ever in history. Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to this country in 100 years!

emmett
12-02-2008, 02:37 AM

When you finally come around and get saved, you are going to make one damn fine Libertarian my friend. You just described the Libertarian agenda to a fucking tee!

I know you weren't talking about the Republican Party because they passed the most intrusive infringement into your civil liberty in American history with the Patriot Act.

Freedom? Ah........... I think the Libertarians have the GOP whipped there too! You were right about the Democrats being the party that judges by race the worst but there are many groups of Republicans who are indeed close to being racists. Trent Lott, Strom Thurmond, David Duke.......ah hell ..this is futile. You know this shit!

AFbombloader
12-02-2008, 08:25 AM

While it may not assert the overt bigotry of past, it does make sure race is a factor when it will help the party. Republican political ads, for instance, frequently deliver racist messages.

:link::link::link::link::link::link:

jimnyc
12-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Can Americans be brainwashed? LOL - just look at the millions upon millions that fell for Obama's crap about "hope and change". He hasn't even taken office yet and has taken back half the garbage he promised!

April15
12-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Can Americans be brainwashed? Just look at the ones that put Bush in for two terms! Talk about stupid! Fear is a real brainwashing tool.

Trigg
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Can Americans be brainwashed? Just look at the ones that put Bush in for two terms! Talk about stupid! Fear is a real brainwashing tool.

Oh, and who were those Obama voters who were interviewed, that knew nothing about his agenda??? They only knew he was dem and black.

Those people don't even know enough to feel stupid now that bambam is backpedaling on his promises BEFORE his inauguration.

April15
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, and who were those Obama voters who were interviewed, that knew nothing about his agenda??? They only knew he was dem and black.

Those people don't even know enough to feel stupid now that bambam is backpedaling on his promises BEFORE his inauguration.I presume by bambam you refer to Barack Obama. To that I say, I know he was smart enough to asses changes in logistics and review his course. If you wish to call that backpedaling by all means do so. It only exposes your faults.

Trigg
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I presume by bambam you refer to Barack Obama. To that I say, I know he was smart enough to asses changes in logistics and review his course. If you wish to call that backpedaling by all means do so. It only exposes your faults.

Well lets see.

He promised change and has chosen 31 Clinton alums to his cabinet

He promised to end the Bush tax cuts and now he isn't going to

He promised to "end the war" and now says he need to talk to the military leaders. Everyone, including Hillary, was saying that from the beginning.

Here we go, it only took me a minute.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19771

As for the brainwashing. I need to find the thread of the Obama people interviewed who new NOTHING about his agenda and even credited him with things McCain said (that they agreed with).

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I presume by bambam you refer to Barack Obama. To that I say, I know he was smart enough to asses changes in logistics and review his course. If you wish to call that backpedaling by all means do so. It only exposes your faults.

I'm assuming you meant 'assess' not 'asses'? With that said, in what context are you addressing?

April15
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm assuming you meant 'assess' not 'asses'? With that said, in what context are you addressing?Assess.

manu1959
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM

like we all said ........ he was ignorant on the issues and now that he has spent time with bush and the current administration and been briefed on the facts of the issues he has refined his position......to virtually what bush and mcain said....

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Assess.

You didn't get the question.

Yurt
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM
like we all said ........ he was ignorant on the issues and now that he has spent time with bush and the current administration and been briefed on the facts of the issues he has refined his position......to virtually what bush and mcain said....

excellent point!

manu1959
12-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Well lets see.

He promised change and has chosen 31 Clinton alums to his cabinet

He promised to end the Bush tax cuts and now he isn't going to

He promised to "end the war" and now says he need to talk to the military leaders. Everyone, including Hillary, was saying that from the beginning.

Here we go, it only took me a minute.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19771

As for the brainwashing. I need to find the thread of the Obama people interviewed who new NOTHING about his agenda and even credited him with things McCain said (that they agreed with).

see you assumed what change meant.....he meant he was going to change his mind...

DragonStryk72
12-03-2008, 01:52 AM
Um, dude, do you have to even ask? Just look at Joe Steel and RSR, man, they drank that Kool-Aid a while back.

Trigg
12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
see you assumed what change meant.....he meant he was going to change his mind...

The only thing I assumed was that he would wait until he was in office before he started backpedaling.

This really shouldn't come as a surprise since he spent his entire campain "refining" his statements. The MSM just never nailed him on it, like they did everyone else.