PDA

View Full Version : Who said it?

Mr. P
11-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I saw this quoted in an e-mail. The source is notorious for forwarding false information so I started a bit of looking..It seems there is some question as to the source.

I've found it attributed to two individuals.

Anyone have solid documentation that will attribute this to the original person?

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Abbey Marie
11-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry, I don't know who said it, but I think this quote will be a fave of our libertarian members. :salute:

Kathianne
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I saw this quoted in an e-mail. The source is notorious for forwarding false information so I started a bit of looking..It seems there is some question as to the source.

I've found it attributed to two individuals.

Anyone have solid documentation that will attribute this to the original person?

Jefferson? Teddy Roosevelt?

Mr. P
11-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry, I don't know who said it, but I think this quote will be a fave of our libertarian members. :salute:

Libertarian? Heck, I think it should be a fave of every freedom loving American.

Still interested in it's origin.

Kathianne
11-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Libertarian? Heck, I think it should be a fave of every freedom loving American.

Still interested in it's origin.

Gerald Ford. I just remembered that someone else was credited.

Mr. P
11-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Gerald Ford. I just remembered that someone else was credited.

I've read Ford and Thomas Jefferson..nothing solid though..although more proof on the ford side.

5stringJeff
11-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Best I can find is that Ford said it to a Joint Session fo Congress on the day he assumed the office of President.

And it is a great quote. ;)

April15
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Best I can find is that Ford said it to a Joint Session fo Congress on the day he assumed the office of President.

And it is a great quote. ;)I thought of Barry Goldwater, but you are correct.