PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Gun Show today.

crin63
11-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Call gun owners paranoid but there is an awful lot of them that are. Maybe you have to live some place like California where it seems like gun rights are under attack a couple times a month to understand.

Pre-election you could buy AR-15 lowers for $110 in whatever quantity you wanted. Upper assemblies were about $500 and stacked all over the tables. Vendors had even quit carrying them because the market was saturated.

Today the same lowers were $225 with a 2-4 week back order. There were very few upper assemblies left and they went up about $200-$300 each. The tables that had AR-15 components were packed with guys almost 2 deep. Guys I talked to actually ran through the buildings looking for AR parts as soon as they got in the gates.

The lines to get tickets and to get in the gates were 2-3 times as long as I have ever seen.

On another note it seems my AR-15 magazine locks had some interest. I went and gave them away to vendors to check out. I've got 1 order coming in Monday for at least 10. It's a place to start. I have to get more exposure though.

Mr. P
11-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Sounds like the buyer is still buying do to the uncertainty of the incoming Pres and possible bans on certain items..I don't see that as paranoid but wise.

Psychoblues
12-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Were there any restrictions on shoulder mounted anti-aircraft ordinance?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

You're such a freaking turkey, crin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

emmett
01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Glad my supply is fine and I don't have to worry about hurrying off to the next Gun Show! LOL

darin
01-02-2009, 08:12 PM
My 15 is on order...I've been waiting 8 weeks so far. :(

:-/

Bought a 'kit' - pretty inexpensive, I'd guess...about $700 (+350? on holographic scope, + $$ on accessories).