PDA

View Full Version : Mexican gangs buying weapons in Houston

gabosaurus
12-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Because guns and other weapons are so much easier to obtain in Texas, and Houston is close to the border, members of Mexican drug gangs use local gun shops to keep themselves supplied. Money talks, people die. As always.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6139075.html

DragonStryk72
12-01-2008, 12:31 AM
The problem is that, again, it's not the gun, it's the people using it. If our borders were secure, then we wouldn't be having the trouble of these guys crossing the border to purchase these guns.

As well, it would likely be helpful if they could start pulling in these people that are buying the guns for them (since apparently 3rd parties are actually doing the buying).

Mr. P
12-01-2008, 12:35 AM
The task may be difficult, but U.S. officials have an obligation to do more to keep guns on this side of the border, Mexican authorities say.

Wondering if they have started working on keeping the drugs and illegals down there yet. Or does shit just flow one way? :slap:

Actually, when I think about it the answer is yes..Guns are legal..drugs and illegals are not.

Sitarro
12-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Because guns and other weapons are so much easier to obtain in Texas, and Houston is close to the border, members of Mexican drug gangs use local gun shops to keep themselves supplied. Money talks, people die. As always.

Pathetic article published by an even more pathetic paper.

Binky
12-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Does anyone out there actually believe the gangs/criminals aren't going to be able to get ahold of weapons if and when we loose our right to bear arms? Ha! If so, you are sadly in denial. The criminals will always be able to get them. And taking away our right to own 'em isn't going to hinder them a bit. In fact, it will create the opposite effect and make committing crimes that much easier for them to do.

crin63
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Once again this just shows that gun control laws don't work. Mexico has fairly strict gun control laws from what I have read. The criminals figured out a way to get guns, just like they always will.

If Americas border was secured this wouldn't be an issue either.

Nukeman
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM

and non-secure, unprotected borders hinder everyone. Why don't YOU put the blame where it belongs Gabs, with the criminal element out of mexico and also with OUR federal government for NOT securing our border. Ohh by the way the mexican government could try to secure the border on their side by not allowing the guns to pass through but hey they might also have to stop the flood of illegals coming our way with their drugs in tow..... Get a freaking life,

DON'T YOU OWN A GUN!!!!??????

gabosaurus
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I didn't write the article. I just posted it here because I knew it would make all the gun nuts froth at the mouth.

stephanie
12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
:lol:

and she talks about other people needing to get a life..

sad and PATHETIC..

Mr. P
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I didn't write the article. I just posted it here because I knew it would make all the gun nuts froth at the mouth.

But it really didn't. BTW what is a "Gun Nut"?

darin
12-01-2008, 01:45 PM
The surge in fraudulent purchases

This article is about Criminal selling and purchase of Guns. Has nothing to do with gun laws.

Yurt
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
This article is about Criminal selling and purchase of Guns. Has nothing to do with gun laws.

nice catch

darin
12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
If Anything, it shows Gun laws aren't working. Thing is - NO amount of law can stop criminals - who don't hold regard for the law.

;)

hjmick
12-01-2008, 02:25 PM

I think the main point of the article is more towards fraudulent purchases rather than fraudulent sales. While I suspect there may be a couple of greedy sellers doing what ever it takes to turn a buck, I got the impression from the article that the main problem stems from the criminals/illegals providing false documents at time of purchase. As the gentleman from the Professional Gun Retailers Association said, "Regardless of the business — banks, doctors or whatever — if somebody starts to commit fraud it's very difficult for any business or retailer to combat that."

Furthermore, the idea put forth by the Mexican authorities that "U.S. officials have an obligation to do more to keep guns on this side of the border" is damn near laughable. While there may be some truth to the idea, if Mexican officials fulfilled their obligations to keep their people on their side of the border rather than distributing how to manuals for illegally crossing the border and not getting caught, we'd not be having this conversation. If theireofficials weren't so damn corrupt and conducted proper searches at the border, we'd not be having this discussion.

Nukeman
12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6139075.htmlTell ya what gabs, if you want the illegal purchasing of American firearms going to Mexico to stop, try contacting the following guy and tell him to build a freaking wall or have HIS contry attempt to stem the flow of illegals coming and going across our border...

Here is where you can reach him

AMBASSADOR ARTURO SARUKHAN

Maybe he can get done what YOU libs refuse to allow us to do and that is keep the illegals OUT. I know YOU want your cheap labor and good grounds keepers to stay and work for nothing......
Embassy of Mexico
1911 Pennsylvania av
Washington DC 20006
USA
Telephone: (202) 7281600