PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn’t Obama’s Election Ended Terrorism?

stephanie
12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
:eek:dear me..

By Rich Noyes (Bio | Archive)
December 1, 2008 - 10:53 ET

File this one under “Deluded Expectations.” During MSNBC’s coverage of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, on Thursday, daytime anchor Alex Witt seemed frustrated that the election of Barack Obama 23 days earlier — and the accompanying “global outpouring of affection, respect, hope” — had not caused an end to terrorist violence.

Talking with correspondent John Yang, who was covering the Obama side of the story, Witt conceded that while “you certainly can’t expect things to change on a dime overnight....There had been such a global outpouring of affection, respect, hope, with the new administration coming in, that precisely these kinds of attacks, it was thought — at least hoped — would be dampered down. But in this case it looks like Barack Obama is getting a preview of things to come.”

read it all and comments..
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/12/01/msnbc-anchor-frets-why-hasn-t-obama-s-election-ended-terrorism

Yurt
12-01-2008, 03:26 PM
further proof of the delusional messiah complex nearly every follower of obama has

Abbey Marie
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
You know, the inevitable succession of let-downs may actually be fun to watch.

Have you heard? People nostalgic for the days of JFK, are callling the new administration "Bamalot". :laugh2:

hjmick
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
People tend to look at the Kennedy presidency through rose tinted glasses. The reality is, it wasn't that successful.

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
People tend to look at the Kennedy presidency through rose tinted glasses. The reality is, it wasn't that successful.

Indeed, one of the worst in modern times. However, there really were reasons to think he may have been learning, but cut short. Hard to tell though, with the drug use and all...

Abbey Marie
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM

Well, not really my point. Regardless of the truth, "they" think he was great, and they are comparing Obama favorably to him before he is even inaugurated.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 05:48 PM
This is typical of MSNBC. Like Chris Matthews, she is not afraid to show what a twit she is on national TV

12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Is this serious???

namvet
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
“global outpouring of affection, respect, hope” — had not caused an end to terrorist violence.

Halarious. a gut buster. how fuckin' STUPID can a liberal get ???!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA........................:lol::lol::lau gh2::laugh2:

12-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Halarious. a gut buster. how fuckin' STUPID can a liberal get ???!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA........................:lol::lol::lau gh2::laugh2:

Be careful what you ask for when you ask how stupid people can get. Because there is always someone who is willing to show you.

namvet
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Be careful what you ask for when you ask how stupid people can get. Because there is always someone who is willing to show you.

I don't know. that one may take the cake............

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't know. that one may take the cake............

Sit through an hour of Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite and you may be even more surprised

namvet
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Sit through an hour of Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite and you may be even more surprised

well this guy may may just take the lead in stupid. listening to Matthews and Keith Overbite is a waste of electricity

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
well this guy may may just take the lead in stupid. listening to Matthews and Keith Overbite is a waste of electricity

Again NV, Alex is a women - and she is the classic blonde

No offense to any blonde members who may be reading this

hjmick
12-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, not really my point. Regardless of the truth, "they" think he was great, and they are comparing Obama favorably to him before he is even inaugurated.

Which tells me that, should he turn out to be an abysmal failure, his chances of forever being viewed favorably are very good.

Yurt
12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Which tells me that, should he turn out to be an abysmal failure, his chances of forever being viewed favorably are very good.

exactly, this guy has done nothing so far, oh wait, he quit his day job and is unemployed, probably living off his over half billion dollar "contributions" to his candidacy

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 07:29 PM

No matter what, Obama will be a success. It's imperative history wise, that the first Black president be successful.

namvet
12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Again NV, Alex is a women - and she is the classic blonde

No offense to any blonde members who may be reading this

which proves how much I don't watch. it can be a lezzy for all i care !!!!:coffee:

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
which proves how much I don't watch. it can be a lezzy for all i care !!!!:coffee:

I am not surprised you do not watch LSDMSNBC - but Alex is not a looker NV

namvet
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I am not surprised you do not watch LDSMSNBC - but Alex is not a looker NV

shouldn't that be LSDMSNBC ???????:laugh2:

red states rule
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
shouldn't that be LSDMSNBC ???????:laugh2:

Good catch

namvet
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
fuckin zipper heads

Abbey Marie
12-01-2008, 11:15 PM

Good point.

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Good point.

No matter his good or bad, it will be good. No way, no how is the first Black president going to fail.

Yurt
12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
No matter his good or bad, it will be good. No way, no how is the first Black president going to fail.

true and more especially because he is dem, if he was repub, they would crucify him/her and call him racist slurs like they did to rice

red states rule
12-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Libs continue to tell us how great Pres Carter was - so yes - libs will tell us Obama 's adminstration was a success no matter how badly he fails

Abbey Marie
12-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Libs continue to tell us how great Pres Carter was - so yes - libs will tell us Obama 's adminstration was a success no matter how badly he fails

Which is why their radios stations and newspapers are failing.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Which is why their radios stations and newspapers are failing.

Which is why they demand the Fairness Doctrine. If people do not choose to listen/read their talking points, the Dem government will force them to listen/read them

Abbey Marie
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Which is why they demand the Fairness Doctrine. If people do not choose to listen/read their talking points, the Dem government will force them to listen/read them

Well, we can't really have Bamalot with any dissenting voices now, can we?

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
true and more especially because he is dem, if he was repub, they would crucify him/her and call him racist slurs like they did to rice

Indeed. The comparisons to Carter or any WHITE presidents are for nought. It's not Obama's fault, rather the consensus of the left.

red states rule
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, we can't really have Bamalot with any dissenting voices now, can we?

Joseph Goebbels felt the same way Abbey.