PDA

View Full Version : Saxby Chambliss

emmett
12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Sax will win by 15 points or more!

My prediction : Saxby 58% Whatzhisname Martin 42%

Might be worse than that. Really is a waste of time! Of course I will go out and vote for him though as I couldn't stand the thought of a Democratic Super Majority.

Psychoblues
12-03-2008, 02:07 AM
So far it looks like he won by about 20 points, emmie.

Sax will win by 15 points or more!

My prediction : Saxby 58% Whatzhisname Martin 42%

Might be worse than that. Really is a waste of time! Of course I will go out and vote for him though as I couldn't stand the thought of a Democratic Super Majority.

Why does Georgia hate veterans and American values so much?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

Psychoblues

Hobbit
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Why does Georgia hate veterans and American values so much?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

Psychoblues

If you're referring to Jim Martin, they hate lying liars and the lies they tell, especially about the FairTax.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Psychoblues

Ahh, liberals dreams of a veto proof Senate just went up in smoke

However, there are enough RINO's where you still might get the 60 votes you need to ram your liberalism down the throat of the country

emmett
12-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Psychoblues

Oh...we just do Psycho! We can't help it! I guess electing Saxby and preventing a democratic super majority certainly proves you h ave made an intellectually clever observation on this one! Damn! I thought we Georgians were going to slick that one by you but nooooooooooooo! One has to get up pretty early in the morning to get one over on you.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh...we just do Psycho! We can't help it! I guess electing Saxby and preventing a democratic super majority certainly proves you h ave made an intellectually clever observation on this one! Damn! I thought we Georgians were going to slick that one by you but nooooooooooooo! One has to get up pretty early in the morning to get one over on you.

and it looks like Gov Palin fired up the base and kept the Dems from unchecked power

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
and it looks like Gov Palin fired up the base and kept the Dems from unchecked power

I would think that the democrats never really had any real hope of winning a senate seat in Georgia. And while Sarah Palin may indeed ramp up the Georgia clay rednecks, I doubt that she will be able to translate that support across the political spectrum in 2012. She will need to capture the middle to win the white house away from Obama, and, as it stands right now, all she has is the far right.... a powerful voting bloc, to be sure, but not enough to win the white house away from the incumbent, in my opinion.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I would think that the democrats never really had any real hope of winning a senate seat in Georgia. And while Sarah Palin may indeed ramp up the Georgia clay rednecks, I doubt that she will be able to translate that support across the political spectrum in 2012. She will need to capture the middle to win the white house away from Obama, and, as it stands right now, all she has is the far right.... a powerful voting bloc, to be sure, but not enough to win the white house away from the incumbent, in my opinion.

Obama sent his people to Ga to try and win - yet the voters saw they could prevent the Dems from havng unchecked power

Sax ran as a conservatives and won big. The Republican party can learn form this

Of course, libs will now tag the voters as "rednecks" since they had the gall to crush the wet dreams of Dems of unlimited power

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Obama sent his people to Ga to try and win - yet the voters saw they could prevent the Dems from havng unchecked power

Sax ran as a conservatives and won big. The Republican party can learn form this

Of course, libs will now tag the voters as "rednecks" since they had the gall to crush the wet dreams of Dems of unlimited power

Chambliss won big in a conservative state. black americans stayed away becaouse Obama was not on the ballot. I am sure that Obama would have loved to win this one, but, honestly, do you really think that he thought he had much of a chance? I don't.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Chambliss won big in a conservative state. black americans stayed away becaouse Obama was not on the ballot. I am sure that Obama would have loved to win this one, but, honestly, do you really think that he thought he had much of a chance? I don't.

Obama sent his thugs down to GA, and came up dry. At least Obama did not go to GA, perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and did not waste his time

There were many libs dreaming of 60 seats in the Senate - they will now blame white "rednecks" and white "racists" as they always do

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Obama sent his thugs down to GA, and came up dry. At least Obama did not go to GA, perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and did not waste his time

There were many libs dreaming of 60 seats in the Senate - they will now blame white "rednecks" and white "racists" as they always do

of course he saw the writing on the wall. 60 was always a dream... and he knew that a weak democratic candidate winning in georgia against a white incumbent was a dream. If Max Cleland could have been convinced to run again, he'd have won in november, in my opinion.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
of course he saw the writing on the wall. 60 was always a dream... and he knew that a weak democratic candidate winning in georgia against a white incumbent was a dream. If Max Cleland could have been convinced to run again, he'd have won in november, in my opinion.

Yea, another liberal appeaser who rolls over for the terrorists

Many Dems were gloating how they would have 60 seats BTW

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Yea, another liberal appeaser who rolls over for the terrorists

Many Dems were gloating how they would have 60 seats BTW

only overly idealistic democrats ever thought 60 was within reach. I certainly never did.

and Cleland has hardly an appeaser of anyone. He did not like the patriot act... many democrats did not.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
only overly idealistic democrats ever thought 60 was within reach. I certainly never did.

and Cleland has hardly an appeaser of anyone. He did not like the patriot act... many democrats did not.

Well, your beloved leaders sure thought they would get to 60. That was the reason for giving Sen Lieberman a pass for speaking the truth about Dem policies

and Max was an appeaser - like his buddy Kerry was

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM

YOU boasted many times how Dems would get 60 seats MFM :laugh2:

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, your beloved leaders sure thought they would get to 60. That was the reason for giving Sen Lieberman a pass for speaking the truth about Dem policies

and Max was an appeaser - like his buddy Kerry was

Reid thought he might get close which was why he kept Lieberman. If it were me, I would have kicked Joe to the curb long ago... 58 is not much different than 59 and it would have sent the right message to other democrats who might consider switching sides in the future.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Reid thought he might get close which was why he kept Lieberman. If it were me, I would have kicked Joe to the curb long ago... 58 is not much different than 59 and it would have sent the right message to other democrats who might consider switching sides in the future.

Yes MFM, you expressed your hate toward Sen Lieberman on toher threads

Why are you posting under another handle?

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Yes MFM, you expressed your hate toward Sen Lieberman on toher threads

Why are you posting under another handle?

Clueless. what are you talking about?

I don't hate Joe Lieberman... I just disagreed with Reifd letting him caucus with the democrats and keep his prestigious chair after he campaigned against the democratic party candidate.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Clueless. what are you talking about?

I don't hate Joe Lieberman... I just disagreed with Reifd letting him caucus with the democrats and keep his prestigious chair after he campaigned against the democratic party candidate.

Yes you are clueless

Reid did not have any chocie to keep Joe. If he did not Republicans would run the Senate.

The only thng that matters to Reid and YOU MFM, is power

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes you are clueless

Reid did not have any chocie to keep Joe. If he did not Republicans would run the Senate.

The only thng that matters to Reid and YOU MFM, is power
I don't see how the republicans could run the senate if the democrats held 56 or 57 seats. Can you explain that to me, please?

Mr. P
12-03-2008, 11:51 PM

Sorry, nope..we fired him..

red states rule
12-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Even Joe Biden admits how popular Gov Palin is.

'"And Gov. Palin, I want to thank you particularly,” Biden said. "I might point out, as I told you [when] we walked in, since the race is over, no one pays attention to me at all. So I'm — maybe you will walk outside with me or something later and say hello to me."'

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/12/02/obama-and-biden-greet-joke-with-palin/

red states rule
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
The liberal media is venting their anger over losing in GA. Such objective journalism over at MSNBC

Olbermann Compares ‘Grotesque’ Chambliss to ‘Turkey-Killing Machine,’ Carlson: ‘Both Are Killers’
By Brad Wilmouth (Bio | Archive)
December 4, 2008 - 16:22 ET

On Monday’s Countdown show, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann compared Republican Senator Saxby Chambliss’s 2002 campaign against then-Democratic Senator Max Cleland of Georgia to a "turkey-killing machine," as part of a segment with Bloomberg News’s Margaret Carlson, formerly of Time magazine, in which the duo mocked Sarah Palin’s part in a campaign rally for Chambliss. Olbermann: "What is the more grotesque event to be standing in front of and not paying attention to? What we`re seeing now, she`s standing in front of Saxby Chambliss who ran that campaign against Max Cleland six years ago, or standing in front of a turkey-killing machine?" As she laughed, Carlson responded: "Both are killers." Referring to the presence of the rapper Ludacris in Georgia as he campaigned for Democratic candidate Jim Martin, the pair also made cracks about Palin being "ludicrous" as Olbermann tagged her as "Governor Ludicrous of Alaska," and Carlson called her "Miss Slight Ludicrous."

Olbermann’s "turkey-killing" crack was a reference to a recent interview Palin did at a turkey farm in which she talked about her traditional pardoning of a turkey while a man was using a machine to kill turkeys in the background, a scene which was hyped by David Shuster, who substitute hosted for Olbermann the week before Thanksgiving. Video of Shuster’s segment deriding Palin on the Thursday, November 20, Countdown can be found here.

Olbermann introduced Monday’s segment accusing Palin of talking "gibberish" and then deriding her with a fake middle name pertaining to her turkey farm interview: "On the eve of the runoff election between Senator Saxby Chambliss and his Democratic challenger Jim Martin, their surrogates – Governor Sarah Palin and rapper Ludacris – campaigned in Georgia today, clearly a vainglorious attempt to try to sway voters with gibberish from a so-called younger generation. And I`m not referring to the guy who does the hip hop. In our number one story on the Countdown, it`s Governor ‘Give-Me-A-Turkey-Killing-Backdrop-And-I`ll-Talk-All-Day’ Palin stumping for Chambliss with a vigilant eye on her prospects for 2012." After playing a soundbite of Palin from the rally, the Countdown host mocked her speech: "That could easily be contracted to, ‘I`m kind of selfishly looking at the future.’"

After quoting the Anchorage Daily News as its editorial page attacked Chambliss for the campaign he ran against Cleland in 2002, Olbermann returned to more name-calling directed at Palin: "As for the election, hard to say whether Ludacris making an appearance for the Democrat, Jim Martin, or Governor Ludicrous of Alaska or anybody else would actually boost the traditionally low turnout for such run-off contests."

Olbermann then brought aboard Carlson, who started off relaying complaints that Palin has not spent enough time in Alaska since the campaign, and then the Countdown host made his over the top attack on Chambliss for his 2002 campaign against Cleland. Olbermann: "This just occurred to me: What is the more grotesque event to be standing in front of and not paying attention to? What we`re seeing now, she`s standing in front of Saxby Chambliss, who ran that campaign against Max Cleland six years ago, or standing in front of a turkey-killing machine?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/12/04/olbermann-compares-grotesque-chambliss-rally-turkey-killing-machine-c

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
How dare anyone question a sitting Senator's current voting record? :eek: :laugh2:

red states rule
12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
How dare anyone question a sitting Senator's current voting record? :eek: :laugh2:

More like, how dare anyone question a sitting Democrat Senator's current voting record?

Little-Acorn
12-04-2008, 07:56 PM
This article confirms one thing: There is one person, at least, who pays any attention to Keith Olbermann.