PDA

View Full Version : who are the best 70's singer-song writers, duo's, solo artists, songs, etc

actsnoblemartin
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
please post names and links here

I'm trying to make a collection.

I think the 70's was the most romantic musical/best musical period ever, and i miss it. even thought i wasnt technically around during the 70's

Abbey Marie
01-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Richie Havens

Gunny
01-05-2017, 01:59 PM
The Carpenters.

Elessar
01-05-2017, 03:12 PM
The Carpenters.

Agree with this choice!

Then add Neil Diamond,
Simon and Garfunkle,
Heart,
Bob Dylan (but can't carry a tune vocally),
Gordon Lightfoot,
John Denver...

Gotta be more!

Gunny
01-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Agree with this choice!

Then add Neil Diamond,
Simon and Garfunkle,
Heart,
Bob Dylan (but can't carry a tune vocally),
Gordon Lightfoot,
John Denver...

Gotta be more!

Dude, Karen Carpenter was my first adolescent crush. Ain't nothing getting over on that. I would have destroyed the planet to have her. When she passed I thought it was the end of world. Beat up my little brother over it!:laugh:

I like most of your list. Was never a Neil Diamond fan though. Although, for some reasons, I know all the lyrics to Sweet Caroline. :laugh:

Gunny
01-05-2017, 03:28 PM
AND ... whoever created the thread "I;d Like to See" needs to be shot. Everytime I see that thread "An Octopuss's Garden" gets stuck in my head. :slap:

Abbey Marie
01-05-2017, 03:36 PM
AND ... whoever created the thread "I;d Like to See" needs to be shot. Everytime I see that thread "An Octopuss's Garden" gets stuck in my head. :slap:

That would be me. Do I at least get a blindfold? :laugh2:

Elessar
01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Dude, Karen Carpenter was my first adolescent crush. Ain't nothing getting over on that. I would have destroyed the planet to have her. When she passed I thought it was the end of world. Beat up my little brother over it!:laugh:

I like most of your list. Was never a Neil Diamond fan though. Although, for some reasons, I know all the lyrics to Sweet Caroline. :laugh:

She was mine as well. We would have had to either arm wrestle or roll around in the dirt over her! Perfect, clear Alto voice and lovely.

I saw Neil in concert 4 times....excellent and a showman that actually entertained the crowd and not himself.

Russ
01-05-2017, 08:55 PM
How about Stevie Wonder or Van Morrison?

aboutime
01-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Bee Gee's
Neil Diamond
Chicago
Journey
America
Toto

Actually, there are so many not listed that should be remembered since Most of us Always remember....WHAT we were doing, and with WHOM, and WHERE.

Music is like a mental, audio calendar for me, and probably, many of you.

gabosaurus
01-05-2017, 10:56 PM
I love great voices. I wasn't around in the 70's, but I heard most everything through my parent's vast music collection.

Male vocalists:
Paul Rodgers (Free, Bad Company)
James Dewar (Robin Trower)
Barry White

Female vocalists:
Pat Benatar
Annie Haslam (Renaissance)
Linda Ronstadt

Elessar
01-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Gosh...

There are just so many....:clap:

Gunny
01-05-2017, 11:36 PM
She was mine as well. We would have had to either arm wrestle or roll around in the dirt over her! Perfect, clear Alto voice and lovely.

I saw Neil in concert 4 times....excellent and a showman that actually entertained the crowd and not himself.

You would have lost. That was my woman. And (not so) shockingly, all my GF's wives over the years are tall, brunette and slim. So for all you guys that love blondes? More for me.

Elessar
01-05-2017, 11:39 PM
You would have lost. That was my woman. And (not so) shockingly, all my GF's wives over the years are tall, brunette and slim. So for all you guys that love blondes? More for me.

Bull-pockey....back then it would have been fun and we'd end up laughing at each other! And I am not partial to blondes, either!

Gunny
01-06-2017, 01:26 AM
Bull-pockey....back then it would have been fun and we'd end up laughing at each other! And I am not partial to blondes, either!No, what would h Becausave happened is we'd beat the crap out of each other and she'd have walked off with some other guy. Because he wasn't violent.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-06-2017, 03:52 PM
How about Stevie Wonder or Van Morrison?

Both excellent choices. :2up: