If my mother had aborted me, I...

manu1959
12-02-2008, 06:01 PM

would be dead

Mr. P
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM

would be a frog. Hey, it makes as much sense as anything else.

hjmick
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM

...wouldn't be reading your post and typing... now posting a response... now... no... now... wait... okay... n

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 06:34 PM

wouldn't have had 3 children who are giving to our society daily...

wouldn't have taught the nearly 600 students I have, many of which have now gone onto colleges and are contributing to our society daily. One will be on 90.9FM Chicago this evening, at 8:30 pm.

would not have been able to provide my mom and dad a place to live for their last years...

April15
12-02-2008, 06:34 PM
it would make no difference.

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 06:35 PM
it would make no difference.

Then you are a waste.

April15
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Then you are a waste.Thank you!

Noir
12-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I would have gone through much less pain than if she had not.

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank you!

You were the one who said your existence had no impact.

My kids have already impacted countless lives, for those at the end of their lives and the beginning.

I, personally, have nurtured my children that they can do what they do. Perhaps on an even greater level, I've given of myself to those I teach, I'm not even wondering about those I touch in other ways, such as parents that come by or drop a note to say they've been moved that their children are asking them their opinion on the war or environmental issues. The kids and parents do not always agree, but my students have learned to listen respectfully to disagreements.

I have former students who have gone onto Ivy League and written thank you letters to me or in their student newspapers and sent those to me. That is great, more importantly they are now in a position to impact other's lives, long after I'm gone.

12-02-2008, 06:53 PM
my sex life would be horrible...

Yurt
12-02-2008, 06:57 PM

there would be no "I"

April15
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
You were the one who said your existence had no impact.

My kids have already impacted countless lives, for those at the end of their lives and the beginning.

I, personally, have nurtured my children that they can do what they do. Perhaps on an even greater level, I've given of myself to those I teach, I'm not even wondering about those I touch in other ways, such as parents that come by or drop a note to say they've been moved that their children are asking them their opinion on the war or environmental issues. The kids and parents do not always agree, but my students have learned to listen respectfully to disagreements.

I have former students who have gone onto Ivy League and written thank you letters to me or in their student newspapers and sent those to me. That is great, more importantly they are now in a position to impact other's lives, long after I'm gone.

I said thank you and I get a guilt trip laid on me. Chill out!

Kathianne
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
I said thank you and I get a guilt trip laid on me. Chill out!

Actually my point was much like that in 'A Wonderful Life'. Indeed somehow you have made a difference in someone's or many someones' lives. Either you don't recognize it or you've not been doing the normal human thing. Bottom line, humans are social. They help each other when possible.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2008, 10:56 PM
See my signature in red...

manu1959
12-02-2008, 11:48 PM
See my signature in red...

should be.....one dead two wounded....

Abbey Marie
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
should be.....one dead two wounded....

I think you've said this before. While I appreciate the point, and a father's feelings are of course important too, I don't believe anyone's feelings can compare to the wounded heart of a mother who voluntarily kills her own child while it is growing and being nurtured in her body. I understand that your opinion differs.

I like the saying just the way it is.

retiredman
12-03-2008, 12:24 PM
complete the sentences:

If Adolf Hitler's mom had aborted him....

If Jeffrey Dahmer's mom had aborted him...

If Saddam Hussein's mom had aborted him...

etc.

actsnoblemartin
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Then you are a waste.

agreed

Noir
12-03-2008, 12:32 PM
complete the sentences:

etc.
Complete the sentence,

If hitlers dad had had kept his manhood tucked away...

If saddam hussains dad had kept his manhood tucked away...

Ect ect snore snore.

actsnoblemartin
12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
ok, as a jew, i'll take on this one.

complete the sentences:

If we had intervened in 1938, that abortion would not have been needed

Their will always be a jeffrey dahmer, example, their is a knife, do we ban it because someone will choose evil ? NO. and we dont abort people because someone may choose evil

Some other arab dictator probably would be ruling iraq

we cant go around aborting babies, hoping to abort the right ones, that is silly.

we didnt know hitler would become hitler, he used his god given free will to become hitler and the u.s. and other allowed hitler to become hitler.

etc.

Hobbit
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I would have gone through much less pain than if she had not.

What an overly emotional, immature, typically teenage response you whiny, unappreciative little brat. You sit there with internet access, a roof over your head, food in your stomach, and you sit there and pretend that being dead would actually be better than your current situation. What happened? Did mommy tell you that you had to be in bed by ten? Did daddy say you couldn't date that cute guy? Do you have family problems? Do your teachers actually make you work? Does your boss expect you to actually be productive? Even if you truly do have problems, like divorce or, heaven forbid, abuse, do you really expect me to feel sorry for you when you'd rather complain about being miserable on an internet message board than actually go out and try to make your life better? I'm a cancer survivor. I go to the meetings, and the kids who are permanently disabled because of their cancer treatments are both happier to be alive than you are and a lot less whiny.

Now back to the question at hand. If my mother had aborted me, there would have been about 6 people who dropped ever deeper into despair because of their cancer diagnosis. There's one kid who, ignorant of medical waivers, would never have been able to go to college and would be in unskilled labor for the rest of his life instead of graduating 3rd in his class at West Point. Several people would have gone through life having guiltily avoided church because they didn't know good ones existed. Three of my friends would still be single (I'm no matchmaker, but all three either met their wives through me or through an organization I got into). Actually, I consider the wives good friends now, too, so I guess that makes six. Well, that about does it.

Noir
12-03-2008, 01:00 PM
@ Hobbit

A simple question was asked and a simple answer was given. I dont expect you to give a fuck about me and I don't want you too, cus I certainly don't give a fuck about you.

But how dare you come on here and go out of your way to try and belittle me when you know fuck all about me, real fuckin mature.

Hobbit
12-03-2008, 01:24 PM
@ Hobbit

A simple question was asked and a simple answer was given. I dont expect you to give a fuck about me and I don't want you too, cus I certainly don't give a fuck about you.

But how dare you come on here and go out of your way to try and belittle me when you know fuck all about me, real fuckin mature.

No answer like that is ever simple, and I don't care if you want anybody to care about you, because I do anyway. I hate seeing teenagers piss their life away on some emo philosophy that they're soooooo miserable and that their parents are sooooooo mean. You need to get over yourself and grow up.

I also know that if you'd really rather be dead, you wouldn't say so. You're just grabbing for attention.

12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
To be alittle more serious, I think what would be different depends alot on whether we are living our lives in a way that would make a difference in the lives of others. Some make bad choices and make those lives worse.

My choice would be to make life better for others. I dont feel like Ive done alot but i know there are alot of people's lives who are directly or indirectly better because of me. I just hope there are those who are worse off.

Noir
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
No answer like that is ever simple, and I don't care if you want anybody to care about you, because I do anyway. I hate seeing teenagers piss their life away on some emo philosophy that they're soooooo miserable and that their parents are sooooooo mean. You need to get over yourself and grow up.

I also know that if you'd really rather be dead, you wouldn't say so. You're just grabbing for attention.

Since when am I pissing my life away? And when have you every heard me say anything negitive about my parents? (who are bloody awesome fyi) you have jumped into this with assumptions and sterotypes.

I'm not saying I'd rather be dead, if I would rather be dead then I would be dead, but it is a fact that if aborted we would not experience any of the pains of life no? Likewise we would not experience the joys, but I guess that all comes down to wheather you see the glass as half full or half empty.

actsnoblemartin
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
but without pain, their is no joy, no? :cool:

Since when am I pissing my life away? And when have you every heard me say anything negitive about my parents? (who are bloody awesome fyi) you have jumped into this with assumptions and sterotypes.

I'm not saying I'd rather be dead, if I would rather be dead then I would be dead, but it is a fact that if aborted we would not experience any of the pains of life no? Likewise we would not experience the joys, but I guess that all comes down to wheather you see the glass as half full or half empty.

Noir
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
but without pain, their is no joy, no? :cool:

Indeed, and I have never disputed that.

Hobbit
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Indeed, and I have never disputed that.

Yet the first thing you run to whenever asked what if you were aborted is that you wouldn't be in so much pain. That means a) you're a whiner or b) you're an attention whore.

Noir
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Yet the first thing you run to whenever asked what if you were aborted is that you wouldn't be in so much pain. That means a) you're a whiner or b) you're an attention whore.

Like I said in a previous post, I could have put pain or joy, glass half full or half empty, it's of little concequence. As for being an attention whore, you're the one that keeps bringing this crap up. Makes me bloody sorry I posted it, just forget it ever happened.

April15
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
If my mother had aborted me, I...4 gorgeous daughters would not have been born. 8 grandchildren would never have been born.
And with that said if I had not been born the world would still be spinning on it's tilted axis and the sun would still be the center of our known universe. In short one person really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. Even George Bush makes no difference in the grand scheme, other than an irritant to sane people.

12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
4 gorgeous daughters would not have been born. 8 grandchildren would never have been born.
And with that said if I had not been born the world would still be spinning on it's tilted axis and the sun would still be the center of our known universe. In short one person really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. Even George Bush makes no difference in the grand scheme, other than an irritant to sane people.

i disagree. One person can change the world.

And if George Bush makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, why do you let him make you so bitter and angry?

April15
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
i disagree. One person can change the world.

And if George Bush makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, why do you let him make you so bitter and angry?George Bush is a parasite. He annoys me, but bitter, no. Confused by his inability to reason, yes. Angry? If I was angry I would have just killed him. His being alive is testament to my not being angry.

Yurt
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
complete the sentences:

etc.

if jesus's mom had aborted him....

if abraham's mom had aborted him....

if moses' mom had aborted him....

you support their mother's right to abortion, imagine that.

Yurt
12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
George Bush is a parasite. He annoys me, but bitter, no. Confused by his inability to reason, yes. Angry? If I was angry I would have just killed him. His being alive is testament to my not being angry.

you have anger issues eh

emmett
12-03-2008, 09:09 PM

would dare say, she wouldn't have had stretch marks!

April15
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
you have anger issues ehNot at all! If you anger me i kill you. Very simple.

Yurt
12-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Not at all! If you anger me i kill you. Very simple.

do you personally know achmed the terrorist?

Said1
12-04-2008, 01:14 PM
do you personally know achmed the terrorist?

If you rearrange his user id and add a few letters, it spells ackmend.

April15
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
do you personally know achmed the terrorist?Who is this achmed? I know of no one by that noun.