PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid's 'Smelly Tourists' Comment

red states rule
12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
It is always nice to see liberals express their true feelings about the lowly public. I do hope all the money being spent on this project will help Harry's sensitive nostrils

Reid: Capitol Visitor Center Will Minimize 'Smell' of Tourists
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is looking on the bright side as the Capitol Visitor Center opens years behind schedule and millions over budget.

The Capitol Visitor Center is opening years behind schedule and millions over budget, but at least it's got good ventilation.

That was Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's take at the official dedication for the center Tuesday morning, as he quipped that members will no longer have to "smell the tourists" on hot summer days.

"My staff has always said, 'Don't say this,' but I'm going to say it again because it's so descriptive because it's true," Reid said.

He referenced House Minority Leader John Boehner's comments about the long lines of tourists that stream into the Capitol complex, and said: "In the summertime, because (of) the high humidity and how hot it gets here, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol."

As the crowd laughed, Reid said, "And that may be descriptive but it's true. Well, that is no longer going to be necessary."

So put the deo away, and let the Capitol Visitor Center do the work.

The massive, 580,000 square-foot facility is the largest addition to the Capitol complex in its history.

An exhibit hall contains important documents and artifacts, and the facility is expected to host about 3 million visitors a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/02/reid-capitol-visitor-center-minimie-smell-tourists/

Classact
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Open mouth insert foot... I was watching that on CSPAN and I'd love to go see it. My sons girlfriend is on a shcool trip to DC this week and she probably got to go to the opening.

I guess that would be a gaff, since it's a politician telling the truth... DC is one of the most miserable climates in the world outside of here... hot and humid, and yes everyone sweats their asses off including Senators that are forced outside of an AC.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Open mouth insert foot... I was watching that on CSPAN and I'd love to go see it. My sons girlfriend is on a shcool trip to DC this week and she probably got to go to the opening.

I guess that would be a gaff, since it's a politician telling the truth... DC is one of the most miserable climates in the world outside of here... hot and humid, and yes everyone sweats their asses off including Senators that are forced outside of an AC.

A blued nosed US Senate-whore calling visitors to a taxpayer funded public building "smelly"?

Perhaps Reid doesn't want the new building to smell like Europe.

I would like to know why his advisors told him not to say it :laugh2::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Aren't smelly armpits "green"? No plastic deodorant containers in landfills, less water and soap usage. :laugh2:

red states rule
12-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Aren't smelly armpits "green"? No plastic deodorant containers in landfills, less water and soap usage. :laugh2:

I wonder if the tourists will be able to smell the burning odor as the Senate is throwing more money in the pork pot?

Silver
12-03-2008, 07:11 PM
You really gotta love those dim Dems when they occasionally let the truth slip out...
Poor Harry don't seem to like the smell, the odor, the stench, the stink, the body odor, of his fellow American
citizens......the fact that he actually feels this way, doesn't surprise me in the least....
thou the fact that he says it does, just because he seldom utters the truth.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
You really gotta love those dim Dems when they occasionally let the truth slip out...
Poor Harry don't seem to like the smell, the odor, the stench, the stink, the body odor, of his fellow American
citizens......the fact that he actually feels this way, doesn't surprise me in the least....

I thought Harry was a champion of the great unwashed. :laugh2:

If a Republican had said this, it would be the lead story all through the liberal media.

Chris Matthews and Keith Overbite would be having a stroke over the slur

Yurt
12-03-2008, 07:23 PM
me thinks ol' harry needs to clean his upper lip

red states rule
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
me thinks ol' harry needs to clean his upper lip

Isn't Harry a member of the same party that swore to to rebuild America's international image?

On the one hand Harry wants to appease the very people trying to kill us (after all, it's our fault and we provoked them), and then on the other hand; accuse US citizens who visit (and paid for) the Vistor Center of stinking up the place?

What a Marxist Elitist!

12-03-2008, 07:35 PM

Going to play devils advocate here. Cause quite frankly, i dont like the way sweaty people smell either.

hjmick
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Going to play devils advocate here. Cause quite frankly, i dont like the way sweaty people smell either.

^^!!REID LOVER!!^^

:lol:

red states rule
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Harry must think he and his fellow libs never smell.

Yurt
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
imo, if your voters, constituents, you know those people who put you in your JOB and pay your salary, happen to smell a little off on a warm summer day....deal with it.

oh the horrors of the proverbial ivory tower of congress/senate having to smell their fellow sweaty americans. this was not a mere passing comment, he full on said he meant it and knew what he was saying and that he probably shouldn't be saying it. he meant this 100%.

democrats....the party of the people, so long as you don't smell

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
imo, if your voters, constituents, you know those people who put you in your JOB and pay your salary, happen to smell a little off on a warm summer day....deal with it.

oh the horrors of the proverbial ivory tower of congress/senate having to smell their fellow sweaty americans. this was not a mere passing comment, he full on said he meant it and knew what he was saying and that he probably shouldn't be saying it. he meant this 100%.

democrats....the party of the people, so long as you don't smell

Maybe Harry can order that Febreeze Barack Obama scented candles must be placed throughout the building

Yurt
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe Harry can order that Febreeze Barack Obama scented candles must be placed throughout the building

you mean the holy annointed candles?

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
you mean the holy annointed candles?

Something like that Yurt. They must have the Obama Seal on them as well :laugh2:

moderate democrat
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I will agree with Harry's staff...he should have shut his yapper.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I will agree with Harry's staff...he should have shut his yapper.

Dems are always showing their arrogance and contempt for the people they consider beneath them

It is refreshing when blue nosed liberals do speak the truth however :laugh2: