PDA

View Full Version : Is Wal Mart To Big To Fail?

red states rule
12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Wal Mart is not in any trouble, but would libs like Reid and Pelosi run to their rescue like they are with the auton industry?

I suspect Reid and Pelosi would they celebrate Wal mart's demise - as would many on the left

red states rule
12-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Obama, Nancy and Harry would love to see Walmart fail. But it's not unionized and will continue to do just fine.

If Walmart should get into financial trouble all it needs to do is "go union" and the Dems will bail them out as well.

DragonStryk72
12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
You know we're fucked when Wal-Mart goes down, cause means nobody has anything left.

Binky
12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Obama, Nancy and Harry would love to see Walmart fail. But it's not unionized and will continue to do just fine.

If Walmart should get into financial trouble all it needs to do is "go union" and the Dems will bail them out as well.

What they would do is "show workers the door." Leaving behind those left to pick up the workload of the ones they ousted. The first thing that goes when a company is faltering is labor.

DragonStryk72
12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
What they would do is "show workers the door." Leaving behind those left to pick up the workload of the ones they ousted. The first thing that goes when a company is faltering is labor.

Actually, not really, and I'm saying this as a Wal-Mart employee. Yes, they would shore up their corporate office jobs (Sorry, but that's the risks of middle management), but the actual store employees wouldn't feel a thing, because of the way in which Wal-Mart lays out its employees. They've made more mention of this to us as we've all watched the local K-Mart's slow but steady descent. They keep four people on after 7 on the floor, one guy at the register who can't leave the register, one person at Customer Service who can't leave Customer Service, one person at the Jewelry counter who can't leave Jewelry, and one person in Electronics who can't leave electronics. Somehow, their customer service has been slightly lacking, and people would rather shop where there are actually people to help them.

Binky
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Actually, not really, and I'm saying this as a Wal-Mart employee. Yes, they would shore up their corporate office jobs (Sorry, but that's the risks of middle management), but the actual store employees wouldn't feel a thing, because of the way in which Wal-Mart lays out its employees. They've made more mention of this to us as we've all watched the local K-Mart's slow but steady descent. They keep four people on after 7 on the floor, one guy at the register who can't leave the register, one person at Customer Service who can't leave Customer Service, one person at the Jewelry counter who can't leave Jewelry, and one person in Electronics who can't leave electronics. Somehow, their customer service has been slightly lacking, and people would rather shop where there are actually people to help them.

Yeah, that is the risk of middle management. I don't get into Walmart all that often, so I've forgotten that they do only have one person working per department at night.

It stands to reason that the customer service would be very slow, since there's only one working in that area after a certain hour. And I too, would rather shop where I know I can get the help if need be. But with the economy as it is, I have cut way back on the time I spend shopping and the money I donate to the store.

DragonStryk72
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, that is the risk of middle management. I don't get into Walmart all that often, so I've forgotten that they do only have one person working per department at night.

It stands to reason that the customer service would be very slow, since there's only one working in that area after a certain hour. And I too, would rather shop where I know I can get the help if need be. But with the economy as it is, I have cut way back on the time I spend shopping and the money I donate to the store.

Oops, sorry my fault, that's the local Kmart that does that. We actually employ people overnight, usually at least two per department, plus our overnight stock crews.

Binky
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Oops, sorry my fault, that's the local Kmart that does that. We actually employ people overnight, usually at least two per department, plus our overnight stock crews.

That's alright. Everybody's allowed one mistake. There's your one! :lol::lol:

red states rule
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
You know we're fucked when Wal-Mart goes down, cause means nobody has anything left.

Wal Mart has a great business model, and has done more for working familes then any government program or handout

Trigg
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Wal Mart has a great business model, and has done more for working familes then any government program or handout

Being from a small town I'm not a big wal-mart fan. They tend to move in and run small family owned stores out of business by slashing prices. Then, as soon as the mom and pop places are gone the prices come back up.

I don't however, hear many complaints from people who work there, so at least they're doing that right.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Being from a small town I'm not a big wal-mart fan. They tend to move in and run small family owned stores out of business by slashing prices. Then, as soon as the mom and pop places are gone the prices come back up.

I don't however, hear many complaints from people who work there, so at least they're doing that right.

I love Wal Mart Trigg. I buy nearly everything from my local store. I continue to be impressed at the number of other businesses that have (and conntinue) to open around the store

It is good to see capitalism at work

Since the Wal Mart is a Super Center, local grocery prices continue to hold steady

Over the years, I continue to see the same employees everytime I go there

5stringJeff
12-06-2008, 10:13 AM
No business in any industry is "too big to fail."

Mr. P
12-06-2008, 10:56 AM
No business in any industry is "too big to fail."

Now all we have to do is convince congress of that.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't see Wal Mart failing The worse case scenario would be Down sizing and closing a few stores

red states rule
12-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Now all we have to do is convince congress of that.

Have to keep thoses union members employed - paying dues - and those Democrat party contributions flowing into the DNC Mr P

actsnoblemartin
12-07-2008, 06:00 PM
the bottom line is, no company is too big to fail.

2nd, walmart is ruining america in my judgment, we need more mom and pop not mcdonalds and walmart

Wal Mart is not in any trouble, but would libs like Reid and Pelosi run to their rescue like they are with the auton industry?

I suspect Reid and Pelosi would they celebrate Wal mart's demise - as would many on the left