PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Christmas Message in Washington State Capitol Holiday Display

red states rule
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Once again, the left is getting more and more open for their contempt of the holiday of Christmas, and now elected Dems are giving them more of a stage to display their hate

Anti-Christmas Message in Washington State Capitol Holiday Display
By Mark Impomeni
Dec 1st 2008 9:45PM

The State of Washington accepted an application from an atheist group, the Freedom From Religion Foundation, to place an anti-religion message as part of the state's official holiday display in the state capitol rotunda steps from a traditional nativity scene. The decision is the culmination of a three-year long battle in Washington over inclusiveness in holiday displays. In 2006, the Port of Seattle removed a Christmas tree from the Seattle-Tacoma airport after a local rabbi requested to add a menorah to honor Hanukkah. That same year, an Olympia real estate agent, Ron Wesselius, requested to place a nativity scene inside the capitol building after observing a menorah displayed there. He was denied and filed suit. The state settled, allowing the manger to be displayed in 2007.

The atheist group's sign reads:

"At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/12/01/anti-christmas-message-in-washington-state-capitol-holiday-displ/

Missileman
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Once again, the left is getting more and more open for their contempt of the holiday of Christmas, and now elected Dems are giving them more of a stage to display their hate

By Mark Impomeni

The State of Washington accepted an application from an atheist group, the Freedom From Religion Foundation, to place an anti-religion message as part of the state's official holiday display in the state capitol rotunda steps from a traditional nativity scene. The decision is the culmination of a three-year long battle in Washington over inclusiveness in holiday displays. In 2006, the Port of Seattle removed a Christmas tree from the Seattle-Tacoma airport after a local rabbi requested to add a menorah to honor Hanukkah. That same year, an Olympia real estate agent, Ron Wesselius, requested to place a nativity scene inside the capitol building after observing a menorah displayed there. He was denied and filed suit. The state settled, allowing the manger to be displayed in 2007.

"At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds."

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/12/01/anti-christmas-message-in-washington-state-capitol-holiday-displ/

What is hateful about the sign?

red states rule
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM

They are attacking people of faith and the Christmas holiday. This is nothing more then another example of the annual war on Christmas we have to endure every year

Missileman
12-03-2008, 09:23 PM
They are attacking people of faith and the Christmas holiday. This is nothing more then another example of the annual war on Christmas we have to endure every year

They made a statement against religion...they haven't attacked anyone, and you can't attack a holiday. They have as much right to display their statement as Christians do to put up their display...it is afterall public property we're talking about.

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
They made a statement against religion...they haven't attacked anyone, and you can't attack a holiday. They have as much right to display their statement as Christians do to put up their display...it is afterall public property we're talking about.

The Christmas display has every right to be displayed. Christmas is a Federal holiday, thanks to Pres Grant

Now if the atheist's can either move to have the Federal holiday status replealed - or try to have thier own holiday created

I wonder how these people would react if they had to work every Dec 25 with no holiday pay and/or time and half

Missileman
12-03-2008, 09:29 PM
The Christmas display has every right to be displayed. Christmas is a Federal holiday, thanks to Pres Grant

Now if the atheist's can either move to have the Federal holiday status replealed - or try to have thier own holiday created

I wonder how these people would react if they had to work every Dec 25 with no holiday pay and/or time and half

So, in your opinion, only Christian holiday displays should be allowed?

April15
12-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Can't the two just be friends?

Missileman
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Can't the two just be friends?

Nothing unfriendly in this thread yet...move on!

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
So, in your opinion, only Christian holiday displays should be allowed?

Yep.

Here is what we now face every Christmas.

SUBJECT: Office Christmas Party
TO: All Employees
DATE: Monday, November 5th
RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on Friday, December 21st, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional Christmas carols . . . please feel free to sing along. Don't be surprised if the Managing Director shows up dressed as Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!!!

A Christmas tree will be lighted at 1:00 p.m. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time. However, no gift should be over $10.00, to make the giving of gifts easy on the wallets of our staff. This gathering is for our employees only.

The Managing Director will make a special announcement at the party.

Merry Christmas to EACH AND ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!

--Pauline

Human Resources Director, Ext: # 5555

DATE: Tuesday November 6th

RE: Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important religious holiday, and we are grateful to have employees of the Jewish faith/religion with us. Chanukah often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our 'Holiday Party.' The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians. There will be no Christmas tree or Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment. Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,

--Pauline

DATE: Wednesday November 7th

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table . . .didn't sign your name, huh? I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only," you wouldn't be anonymous anymore, will you???? How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Anybody? Forget about the gift exchange, no gift exchange allowed now since management feels that $10.00 is too much money and the Union Steward states that $10.00 is a little cheap, according to U. S. Department of Labor Pamphlet 179-02, dated September 12, 2001, as amended. NO GIFT EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

--Pauline

DATE: Thursday, November 8th

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 21st begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs, and we sincerely apologize to anyone who felt insulted in the least. Perhaps the Grill House could hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything up for you to take home in a nice little foil doggy bag. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet. Pregnant women will get the table closest to the toilets. Gays are allowed to sit with each other, Lesbians do not have to sit with gay men, gays and lesbians will have their own tables.

No table will identified or marked or posted with a sign (same as the policy for our A.A. folks.) Yes, there will be flower arrangements for the gay men's table, too. Do you want violets or pansies for your table?

To the person asking permission to cross dress - no cross dressing allowed. And no, there will be no blow-up sheep. We will have booster seats for short people. Low fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food. We suggest those people with high blood pressure taste the food first. There will be fresh fruits (not necessarily at the gay men's table) for the diabetics. I'm so sorry, but we cannot supply "No Sugar" dessserts.

KWANZA doesn't begin until after Christmas, so that holiday will not be affected by this party. Also, management has informed me, and requested that I officially pass this on to all KWANZA employees, that you will be excused from working during this important holiday in your culture IF you submit a written request no later than 12:30 P.M., Monday, December 3, on the officially prescribed company Leave/Vacation/Holiday/Sick Day/Attitude Day/Funeral Day/Sports/Game/ Hunting/Fishing Day, form (see form #601546-PC), requesting the time off that you desire TO TAKE AS ONE (OR MORE) OF YOUR ACCRUED LEAVE DAYS (except for bona fide sick days, which MUST be verified by written confirmation from a medical practicioner—or it will be assumed your intention is to commit fraud—see policy manual with regard to what constitutes a personal day versus sick day).

Did I miss anything?!?!?!?!?! Did I miss anyone?!?!?!?!?!

Your understanding and cooperation will be expected and appreciated.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !
--Pauline

DATE: Friday, November 9th
RE: The F&^@@&*#$@@ing Holiday Party

Vegetarian pricks! I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the (unmarked) table furthest from the 'grill of death', as you so quaintly put it.

You'll get your f*****g salad bar, including organic tomatoes, but you know tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW! I hope you all have a rotten holiday!

Thank you for your understanding and your f*****g cooperation!

--Pauline, THE BITCH FROM HELL

DATE: Monday, 12th November

RE: Pauline Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of you in wishing Pauline Lewis a speedy recovery, and I'll continue to forward your cards to her.

In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and instead, give everyone the afternoon of Friday, December 21, off with full pay. (NO WRITTEN ADVANCE FORM REQUESTED, NOR IS IT NECESSARY.)

Happy Whatever-day to Everyone!

--John Bishop

Interim HR Director, Ext# 5555

http://www.dougandnancyjohnson.com/pc-holiday.htm

Missileman
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
So to hell with Hanukkah and the Jews? Really?

Yurt
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
So to hell with Hanukkah and the Jews? Really?

hasn't it always been that way?

Binky
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Yep.

Here is what we now face every Christmas.

DATE: Monday, November 5th
RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on Friday, December 21st, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional Christmas carols . . . please feel free to sing along. Don't be surprised if the Managing Director shows up dressed as Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!!!

A Christmas tree will be lighted at 1:00 p.m. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time. However, no gift should be over $10.00, to make the giving of gifts easy on the wallets of our staff. This gathering is for our employees only.

The Managing Director will make a special announcement at the party.

Merry Christmas to EACH AND ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!!

--Pauline

DATE: Tuesday November 6th

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important religious holiday, and we are grateful to have employees of the Jewish faith/religion with us. Chanukah often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our 'Holiday Party.' The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians. There will be no Christmas tree or Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment. Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family,

--Pauline

DATE: Wednesday November 7th

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table . . .didn't sign your name, huh? I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only," you wouldn't be anonymous anymore, will you???? How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody? Anybody? Forget about the gift exchange, no gift exchange allowed now since management feels that $10.00 is too much money and the Union Steward states that $10.00 is a little cheap, according to U. S. Department of Labor Pamphlet 179-02, dated September 12, 2001, as amended. NO GIFT EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

--Pauline

DATE: Thursday, November 8th

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 21st begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs, and we sincerely apologize to anyone who felt insulted in the least. Perhaps the Grill House could hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything up for you to take home in a nice little foil doggy bag. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet. Pregnant women will get the table closest to the toilets. Gays are allowed to sit with each other, Lesbians do not have to sit with gay men, gays and lesbians will have their own tables.

No table will identified or marked or posted with a sign (same as the policy for our A.A. folks.) Yes, there will be flower arrangements for the gay men's table, too. Do you want violets or pansies for your table?

To the person asking permission to cross dress - no cross dressing allowed. And no, there will be no blow-up sheep. We will have booster seats for short people. Low fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food. We suggest those people with high blood pressure taste the food first. There will be fresh fruits (not necessarily at the gay men's table) for the diabetics. I'm so sorry, but we cannot supply "No Sugar" dessserts.

KWANZA doesn't begin until after Christmas, so that holiday will not be affected by this party. Also, management has informed me, and requested that I officially pass this on to all KWANZA employees, that you will be excused from working during this important holiday in your culture IF you submit a written request no later than 12:30 P.M., Monday, December 3, on the officially prescribed company Leave/Vacation/Holiday/Sick Day/Attitude Day/Funeral Day/Sports/Game/ Hunting/Fishing Day, form (see form #601546-PC), requesting the time off that you desire TO TAKE AS ONE (OR MORE) OF YOUR ACCRUED LEAVE DAYS (except for bona fide sick days, which MUST be verified by written confirmation from a medical practicioner—or it will be assumed your intention is to commit fraud—see policy manual with regard to what constitutes a personal day versus sick day).

Did I miss anything?!?!?!?!?! Did I miss anyone?!?!?!?!?!

Your understanding and cooperation will be expected and appreciated.

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !
--Pauline

DATE: Friday, November 9th
RE: The F&^@@&*#$@@ing Holiday Party

Vegetarian pricks! I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the (unmarked) table furthest from the 'grill of death', as you so quaintly put it.

You'll get your f*****g salad bar, including organic tomatoes, but you know tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW! I hope you all have a rotten holiday!

Thank you for your understanding and your f*****g cooperation!

--Pauline, THE BITCH FROM HELL

DATE: Monday, 12th November

RE: Pauline Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of you in wishing Pauline Lewis a speedy recovery, and I'll continue to forward your cards to her.

In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and instead, give everyone the afternoon of Friday, December 21, off with full pay. (NO WRITTEN ADVANCE FORM REQUESTED, NOR IS IT NECESSARY.)

Happy Whatever-day to Everyone!

--John Bishop

Interim HR Director, Ext# 5555

http://www.dougandnancyjohnson.com/pc-holiday.htm

Since you can't please everyone, you have to please yourself....therefore, making your life easier BY NOT HAVING THAT STUPID PARTY TO BEGIN WITH! What a pain in the arse.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Since you can't please everyone, you have to please yourself....therefore, making your life easier BY NOT HAVING THAT STUPID PARTY TO BEGIN WITH! What a pain in the arse.

So lets bend over backwards and appease a few idiots who want to impose nothing on the majority?

red states rule
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Here is the head of the wacko group on Fox News this morning

Did you know Jesus was a dictator? Yep, this asshole calls the Son of God a dictator

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bt2eLiRMrQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bt2eLiRMrQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
12-04-2008, 08:09 PM

you have to admit that at the very least, this part isn't very friendly....."Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds".......

Missileman
12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
you have to admit that at the very least, this part isn't very friendly....."Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds".......

It is a stark opinion of religion and without a doubt less unfriendly than what others of the opposite opinion say about non-believers.

Des
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
It is a stark opinion of religion and without a doubt less unfriendly than what others of the opposite opinion say about non-believers.

Very true.

Free speech is not always popular speech.

I agree with the sign and what it says 100 percent. I don't like that its included in a Christmas display. It sort of makes a mockery of the whole thing with the words in it and takes it over. I am all for "enlightenment", but I like to respect the religious beliefs of others and their right to practice and celebrate. I also think it's very counterproductive and "in-your-face" and I don't really want to be equated with those people because I'm not religious.

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM

Agreed. Much more appropriate:
We wish to calibrate the solstice, without any other input.

red states rule
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
No comments about the jerk calling the Son of God a dictator?

Meanwhile they rant how they are now "victims"

manu1959
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
this just in ....someone stole the anti christmas message

PostmodernProphet
12-06-2008, 05:28 AM

????....what a strange comment.....you say it is without a doubt....but obviously I have many doubts or I wouldn't have said what I said....thus, your response is simply a non-response....it is a stark, hateful opinion of religion.....now I will be the first to admit that I don't think atheists are very rational....in fact, I have stated several times on this board that I have never met an intelligent atheist......but I have never accused one of enslaving minds.....

bullypulpit
12-06-2008, 05:45 AM

By Mark Impomeni

Of course you and your fellow travelers would find such a statement hateful. You and you kind always find the truth to be so.

Missileman
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM
????....what a strange comment.....you say it is without a doubt....but obviously I have many doubts or I wouldn't have said what I said....thus, your response is simply a non-response....it is a stark, hateful opinion of religion.....now I will be the first to admit that I don't think atheists are very rational....in fact, I have stated several times on this board that I have never met an intelligent atheist......but I have never accused one of enslaving minds.....

Your disagreement with what it says doesn't make it hateful. The message is blunt, perhaps even rude, but as I said in the last post, the message is undoubtedly less unfriendly than some of the things religious people, even some Christians, say about non-believers.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Of course you and your fellow travelers would find such a statement hateful. You and you kind always find the truth to be so.

Now if it was an anti Mulsim message, you would be needing a change of underwear BP

red states rule
12-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Your disagreement with what it says doesn't make it hateful. The message is blunt, perhaps even rude, but as I said in the last post, the message is undoubtedly less unfriendly than some of the things religious people, even some Christians, say about non-believers.

Perhaps?????

Missileman
12-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Now if it was an anti Mulsim message, you would be needing a change of underwear BP

It's a statement against ALL religion...including Islam...you know...that religion you rail against for hardening hearts and enslaving minds to the point where followers will blow themselves up to take out a few infidels.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
It's a statement against ALL religion...including Islam...you know...that religion you rail against for hardening hearts and enslaving minds to the point where followers will blow themselves up to take out a few infidels.

Theses idiots singled out Christianity - as shown in the video I posted. Or are you ignoring that point????

namvet
12-07-2008, 09:15 AM
atheist's for years have used the ACLU Nazi's to do their bidding. and the Nazi"s collect from the taxpapyers for shit like this.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 09:19 AM
atheist's for years have used the ACLU Nazi's to do their bidding. and the Nazi"s collect from the taxpapyers for shit like this.

Every Christmas, these idiots carwl out from under their rock to bash the holiday, and get their pics on TV

With each passing year, the anti Christmas crowd gets bolder in their rants and insults

red states rule
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/112600.jpg

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Theses idiots singled out Christianity - as shown in the video I posted. Or are you ignoring that point????

I'm talking about the OP and the sign they put up. The guy on the video is obviously a tool. I nearly pissed myself laughing when he went on about Christians hijacking the holiday away from atheists...it's an absurd statement.

The sign, however, is aimed at all religions and didn't single out Christianity.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm talking about the OP and the sign they put up. The guy on the video is obviously a tool. I nearly pissed myself laughing when he went on about Christians hijacking the holiday away from atheists...it's an absurd statement.

The sign, however, is aimed at all religions and didn't single out Christianity.

Eh, the guy in the video (Dan Barker) is the head of this wacko group - who did single out Chirstmas and Christianity

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/3518563-35/story.csp

namvet
12-07-2008, 10:14 AM

then why do they always single out Christianity ????

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:15 AM

it is the "in" thing to do

namvet
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
ive never seen them drag anyone else into court.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:21 AM

Of course not. They would be tagged as racists of they took another group to court

namvet
12-07-2008, 10:24 AM
just take a look at whats on their table

http://www.aclu.org/

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:26 AM

The sign in question was clearly NOT Christian specific.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:29 AM
The sign in question was clearly NOT Christian specific.

Ignoring post # 32?

I would as well. if I were you :laugh2:

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:29 AM

When was the last time some Muslim fucktard tried to get the Quran classified as a science book here in the states?

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
When was the last time some Muslim fucktard tried to get the Quran classified as a science book here in the states?

They don't. They say convert or die

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Ignoring post # 32?

I would as well. if I were you :laugh2:

I'm not ignoring it..it has nothing to do with the OP and the message on the sign. I've already stated the guy on the video made idiotic remarks. Those remarks don't mutate the sign on display into a Christian specific comment, no matter how much you'd like to play the offended victim.

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:37 AM
They don't. They say convert or die

Actually, Christians say "Convert or die"...Muslims say "Convert or we will kill you".

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm not ignoring it..it has nothing to do with the OP and the message on the sign. I've already stated the guy on the video made idiotic remarks. Those remarks don't mutate the sign on display into a Christian specific comment, no matter how much you'd like to play the offended victim.

You are on the ropes. The "toll" as you tried to dismiss him as, is the head idiot of this wacko group - and like in the video - he is attacking Chrisitians and Christimas

I am not an offended vicitm - I am a fed up and pissed off person who is tired of taking this left wing BS year after year

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Actually, Christians say "Convert or die"...Muslims say "Convert or we will kill you".

Link to where modern Christians say that? I can't rememebr Christains beheading people in the public aquare for not converting to their religion

Or Christians rioting in the streets over a cartoon, or a fake News story about the Bible being flushed down the toilet

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
You are on the ropes. The "toll" as you tried to dismiss him as, is the head idiot of this wacko group - and like in the video - he is attacking Chrisitians and Christimas

I am not an offended vicitm - I am a fed up and pissed off person who is tired of taking this left wing BS year after year

Point to the word "Christian" or "Jesus Christ" or "The Bible" in the message on the sign or STFU already.

Missileman
12-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Link to where modern Christians say that? I can't rememebr Christains beheading people in the public aquare for not converting to their religion

Or Christians rioting in the streets over a cartoon, or a fake News story about the Bible being flushed down the toilet

Now you're going to argue against the patently obvious?

red states rule
12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Point to the word "Christian" or "Jesus Christ" or "The Bible" in the message on the sign or STFU already.

Starting to get testy now eh? :laugh2: Those damn pesky facts do have a way of derailing your lame defense of the attack of Christianity

Missileman
12-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Starting to get testy now eh? :laugh2: Those damn pesky facts do have a way of derailing your lame defense of the attack of Christianity

I'm gonna call you Black and Decker...you're as big a tool as the idiot on the video.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm gonna call you Black and Decker...you're as big a tool as the idiot on the video.

Congrats

Like other "debaters" here - you have joined the ranks of MFM, OCA, PB, and BP

When the facts get to be a real distraction, you go for the personal attacks. I accept your unconditional surrender and you are dismissed

Missileman
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Congrats

When the facts get to be a real distraction, you go for the personal attacks. I accept your unconditional surrender and you are dismissed

You are the one who wants to IGNORE the facts. It is a FACT that Christianity isn't mentioned on that sign, yet you keep insisting that it singles out Christianity.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
You are the one who wants to IGNORE the facts. It is a FACT that Christianity isn't mentioned on that sign, yet you keep insisting that it singles out Christianity.

Oh sure - it has nothing to do with Christianity. So what if it is out next to the Nativity scene, and the head of this group openly admits it is directed toward Christmas, the "dictator" Jesus, and the holiday has been stolen by Christians,

As I said MM - you are dismissed. You have been beaten here. Cut your losses and move on

Missileman
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Congrats

BTW, you don't debate...you're like one of those dolls with a string you pull to make it talk. Except you're broken and can only spit out the same two things over and over..."Libs this" and "Libs that".

Missileman
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh sure - it has nothing to do with Christianity. So what if it is out next to the Nativity scene, and the head of this group openly admits it is directed toward Christmas, the "dictator" Jesus, and the holiday has been stolen by Christians,

As I said MM - you are dismissed. You have been beaten here. Cut your losses and move on

Ah yes...the tactic of Cupcake and Pole Rider...declare victory. Didn't work for those fucktards either.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
BTW, you don't debate...you're like one of those dolls with a string you pull to make it talk. Except you're broken and can only spit out the same two things over and over..."Libs this" and "Libs that".

Thank you for once again making my point for me. When the facts go against you, you have nothing left to offer - you go for the personal attacks

Give it up son. You are done here.

BTW, it is liberals who are doing this. Sorry if you are "offended" by that fact

5stringJeff
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
The sign does not specifically mention Christmas, Christians, Jesus, etc. etc. But its timing certainly does coincide with Christmas. Why wait until December to post such a statement of "reason?" Is atheist logic invalid the other 11 months of the year?

Missileman
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
The sign does not specifically mention Christmas, Christians, Jesus, etc. etc. But its timing certainly does coincide with Christmas. Why wait until December to post such a statement of "reason?" Is atheist logic invalid the other 11 months of the year?

Perhaps they intended for their message to coincide with Hannukah? Afterall, the law suits in Washington started with a Christian protest of a Menorah.

Also, I'm not sure that the sign would be allowed except as part of a "holiday" display.

actsnoblemartin
12-07-2008, 04:41 PM

what is says, and more importantly where it is placed.

I never thought people who like taking a dump on other people's joy were good people

actsnoblemartin
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Perhaps they intended for their message to coincide with Hannukah? Afterall, the law suits in Washington started with a Christian protest of a Menorah.

Also, I'm not sure that the sign would be allowed except as part of a "holiday" display.

correct me if im wrong, but dont they have more then one room.

you can have an atheist , muslim, christian, jewish, or any other that apply :)

whats the big deal with that?

you wont see the athiest clowns pull this non-sense if it was islam instead of christmas

american atheist seems to fundamently have chip on shoulder for american christian, even though much of the bible is from judaism, and the koran isnt exactly the most heart warming book either :)

Des
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
what is says, and more importantly where it is placed.

I never thought people who like taking a dump on other people's joy were good people

Well, don't forget, not only Christians celebrate Christmas.

bullypulpit
12-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Uh no, I wouldn't. Islam based on the same irrational metaphysical assumptions that other religions are.

bullypulpit
12-08-2008, 09:02 AM

It is the most fearful who cleave most strongly to religious doctrine. They require the sense of safety and security religion provides. They also take comfort in the relief of the burden of taking responsibility for their actions that religion provides. After all, they can blame their actions on the will of their favorite deity.

Now please provide documented evidence from independent and objective sources that the ACLU is affiliated with Nazism. The fact of the matter is they defend the rights of individuals religious expression as vigorously as they fight state imposition of religious doctrine, and it is the latter which you and your fellow travelers support.

:coffee:

Des
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Uh no, I wouldn't. Islam based on the same irrational metaphysical assumptions that other religions are.

I agree with you and I like your wording.

I don't agree that it would be tasteful to put a sign up saying the same thing you just said outside a mosque, and I don't agree that it's tasteful to put a sign up denouncing all religions next to a religious display during the holiday season. I can see matching the "positive" nature of the message (something like "Happy Winter Solstice to our fellow athiests"...) Asking for reason to prevail on a sign next to a religious display is blantantly stating that that display and the religion displaying it are unreasonable. Using a religious holiday to protest something is unreasonable. Other peoples religious celebrations/affairs/whatever ARE NOT the right place to protest something. Think of Westboro.