PDA

View Full Version : Ala. county sets 'Barack Obama Day' as new holiday

red states rule
12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Now the mesiah has his own holiday in one Alabama county. The Obama Kool Aid drinkers are going over the top now

MARION, Ala. (AP) - A small central Alabama county whose mainly black residents gave Barack Obama more than 70 percent of the vote on Election Day has created an annual holiday in honor of the president-elect.
The Perry County Commission voted 4 to 1 to observe the second Monday in November as "The Barack Obama Day." County offices will close and its roughly 40 workers will get a paid holiday.

The sponsoring commissioner, Albert Turner Jr., said the holiday is meant to highlight the Democratic president-elect's victory as a way to give people faith that difficult goals can be achieved.

The majority of the county's 12,000 residents are black.

The county commission's three black members and one of its two white members voted for the resolution.

Commissioner Brett Harrison said Wednesday he voted against the resolution because of the holiday costs to the county, which has a $2.2 million annual payroll and is one of the poorest in the state. He said closing the courthouse would also idle some state employees.

"I'm a Democrat, but just in these financial times, it's not using the county's money wisely," Harrison told The Associated Press by phone Wednesday. "The recognition is certainly well-founded."

Turner said copies of the resolution, adopted at a Nov. 25 meeting, have been mailed to Obama and his transition team.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94RBG180&show_article=1

Yurt
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
:laugh2:

the messiah gets his own day....

dang

thought maybe he would get his own month at least

red states rule
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
:laugh2:

the messiah gets his own day....

dang

thought maybe he would get his own month at least

Give the Kool Aid drinkers more time Yurt

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I didn't know you jerks were so concerned about the affairs of states and counties in which neither of you reside?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!??

Psychoblues

darin
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
We'll see how this goes down once the positions come up for re-election. :)

PB - C'mon. Replying NOTHING related to the story - only to bitch at those two 'jerks'? :) What's the matter...boring day down on the delta?

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't live there either, dimples!!!!!!!!! But, if the proposition to do the same comes up in my county or state I promise I will do my best to be first in line to deliver my support and/or vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

darin
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM
you'd SUPPORT a day for a guy like Obama? That's silly, IMO. But Good for you PBimples. :)

Yurt
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't live there either, dimples!!!!!!!!! But, if the proposition to do the same comes up in my county or state I promise I will do my best to be first in line to deliver my support and/or vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

what has he done to deserve his own day?

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm an old Federal guy, dimples. I support any holiday that I can get!!!!!!!!!!!

you'd SUPPORT a day for a guy like Obama? That's silly, IMO. But Good for you PBimples. :)

Someday we'll as a nation draw up even with the rest of the industrialized world in holidays and vacation time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think other holidays are "silly"?

Psychoblues

darin
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
I think holidays to folk who haven't done anything but be 'popular' is silly, PBimples. I think celebrating the man's race is pathetic. He's not the first "Half-Black President"....why can't he just be A President who happens to be 'half black'? ANY type of celebrating of something a person has NO control over is stupid. Now...If he'd taught himself to walk after an injury...or figured out a cure for something - or some OTHER advancement for the betterment of society I'd get it. So far...all Mr. Obama has 'done' is graduate from a college or two...and been popular. Nothing he's done is any greater than perhaps, I dunno....10 Million other folk?

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't believe the holiday is intended to celebrate the man, dimples, but more to celebrate the enormous achievement of a nation so long plagued with racial animosities and mal-treatment of minorities. The United States of America is now more respected among the international community as well as among it's own citizens for having crossed over that threshold of tolerance and good will.

Psychoblues

emmett
12-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't believe the holiday is intended to celebrate the man, dimples, but more to celebrate the enormous achievement of a nation so long plagued with racial animosities and mal-treatment of minorities. The United States of America is now more respected among the international community as well as among it's own citizens for having crossed over that threshold of tolerance and good will.

Psychoblues

MLK day does that as well as Black History Month! Both are monumentally important displays of how far our society has come. MLK was a wonderful man, who believed in non-violent social change and black history month lends tribute to both acheivements and advances in black social culture.

I think Obama day, nationally, is a ways off as of yet! To save days however, his day could be combined with MLK, such as Presidents Day, to help keave other days available for all the soon to come, "other" black patron saints who are certain to be deserving their day on the calender as well! We don't want to use them all up do we?

stephanie
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
they might as well have a holiday for their "new MASTER"

They could call it the "dear leader day".

emmett
12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I think holidays to folk who haven't done anything but be 'popular' is silly, PBimples. I think celebrating the man's race is pathetic. He's not the first "Half-Black President"....why can't he just be A President who happens to be 'half black'? ANY type of celebrating of something a person has NO control over is stupid. Now...If he'd taught himself to walk after an injury...or figured out a cure for something - or some OTHER advancement for the betterment of society I'd get it. So far...all Mr. Obama has 'done' is graduate from a college or two...and been popular. Nothing he's done is any greater than perhaps, I dunno....10 Million other folk?

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

SOUND THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ALARM!!!!!!!!

You said "folk"! That was a prejudicial, unwarranted, culturally and racially biused, insensative and uncaring statement obviously meant to be hurtful and you should apologize for it's usage DMP.

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 10:43 PM
You are correct, emmie!!!!!!!! But, the national holiday is not being requested at this time. Nonetheless, I'll take a holiday anytime I can get it!!!!!!!!!!

MLK day does that as well as Black History Month! Both are monumentally important displays of how far our society has come. MLK was a wonderful man, who believed in non-violent social change and black history month lends tribute to both acheivements and advances in black social culture.

I think Obama day, nationally, is a ways off as of yet! To save days however, his day could be combined with MLK, such as Presidents Day, to help keave other days available for all the soon to come, "other" black patron saints who are certain to be deserving their day on the calender as well! We don't want to use them all up do we?

Go ahead and propose a Bob Barr day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll support it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:00 AM

Psychoblues

So now we can ditch all affirmative action programs, right?

So we are now more resepcted? Is that why AQ called Obama a "house negro"?

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 06:08 AM
You can do whatever the hell you want to do, rsr. Don't let me be your excuse for an obstacle.

So now we can ditch all affirmative action programs, right?

So we are now more resepcted? Is that why AQ called Obama a "house negro"?

Just don't include "me" in your "we" bullshit as you further claim your somehow self perceived victimhood, OK?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:10 AM
You can do whatever the hell you want to do, rsr. Don't let me be your excuse for an obstacle.

Just don't include "me" in your "we" bullshit as you further claim your somehow self perceived victimhood, OK?

Psychoblues

I can understand your anger PB. Over at MSNBC, a "reporter" was shocked over terror attacks happening after Obama was elected

Then the terrorists had the nerve to insult the messiah. That pissed them off worse then 9-11

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/145226.jpg

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Have you spoken with a doctor about the way you're thinking, rsr?

I can understand your anger PB. Over at MSNBC, a "reporter" was shocked over terror attacks happening after Obama was elected

Then the terrorists had the nerve to insult the messiah. That pissed them off worse then 9-11

Or has your cancer advanced to a more hopeless stage? Maybe it's the chemo?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Have you spoken with a doctor about the way you're thinking, rsr?

Or has your cancer advanced to a more hopeless stage? Maybe it's the chemo?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

No, it is what a liberal reporter said on the air

MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn’t Obama’s Election Ended Terrorism?
By Rich Noyes (Bio | Archive)
December 1, 2008 - 10:53 ET

File this one under “Deluded Expectations.” During MSNBC’s coverage of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, on Thursday, daytime anchor Alex Witt seemed frustrated that the election of Barack Obama 23 days earlier — and the accompanying “global outpouring of affection, respect, hope” — had not caused an end to terrorist violence.

Talking with correspondent John Yang, who was covering the Obama side of the story, Witt conceded that while “you certainly can’t expect things to change on a dime overnight....There had been such a global outpouring of affection, respect, hope, with the new administration coming in, that precisely these kinds of attacks, it was thought — at least hoped — would be dampered down. But in this case it looks like Barack Obama is getting a preview of things to come.”

It almost seems like a parody of liberals’ blind worship of Obama to actually expect that The One’s election would mean terrorists hanging up their bomb belts, peace around the world, lions lying down with lambs, and so forth. For his part, Yang delicately pointed out the more valid concern that “the enemies of the United States, those who don’t care for the United States no matter who’s leading it, would try and test the United States” during the transition from Bush to Obama.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/12/01/msnbc-anchor-frets-why-hasn-t-obama-s-election-ended-terrorism

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Do you realize, rsr, that this thread is about a relatively unpopulated county in Alabama deciding to declare a Barack Obama holiday?

Are you freaking stupid or is the chemo really working that bad on you?

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Do you realize, rsr, that this thread is about a relatively unpopulated county in Alabama deciding to declare a Barack Obama holiday?

Are you freaking stupid or is the chemo really working that bad on you?

Psychoblues

I am pointing out how libs have such high expectations of their messiah, and are shocked when America's enemies do not share those expectations

YOU did dismiss my point with your usual personal insult, and tried to deny what the reporter said

As far as the hoilday, on the one hand libs say give Obama a chance and wait for him to do something

Then on the other, they go out of their way to heap praise on him before he does anything

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Messiah? What Messiah? Are you calling yourself one of America's enemies? You certainly demonstrate that you are an enemy of our soon to be President.

Dismiss? Personal insult? Deny what a reporter said? WTF are you talking about, dumbo?

Libs? I don't think that one small county in Alabama represents "libs" any more than I think you represent conservatives.

Before he does anything? Who the hell are you trying to kid, asshole? His election alone did more than has ever been done in this country. Ain't that enough?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am pointing out how libs have such high expectations of their messiah, and are shcoked when America's enemies do not share those expectations

YOU did dismiss my point with your usual personal insult, and tried to deny what the reporter said

As far as the hoilday, on the one hand libs say give Obama a chance and wait for him to do something

Then on the other, they go out of their way to heap praise on him before he does anything

You're such a turd, rsr. You would have been a great spokesman for your party maybe 50 years ago. In these days you just stink like the shit that you are.

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Messiah? What Messiah? Are you calling yourself one of America's enemies? You certainly demonstrate that you are an enemy of our soon to be President.

Dismiss? Personal insult? Deny what a reporter said? WTF are you talking about, dumbo?

Libs? I don't think that one small county in Alabama represents "libs" any more than I think you represent conservatives.

Before he does anything? Who the hell are you trying to kid, asshole? His election alone did more than has ever been done in this country. Ain't that enough?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

You're such a turd, rsr. You would have been a great spokesman for your party maybe 50 years ago. In these days you just stink like the shit that you are.

Psychoblues

As always PB, deny what libs have said and done. They are naming schools after Obama before he does anything - yet you demand nobody say anything bad about your messiah before he is in office

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Stick your bad reps in your ass, bitch.

I didn't do that to you but you couldn't help your weak ass little self, could you?

Psychoblues