PDA

View Full Version : I may not be on for a while...

KitchenKitten99
12-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Since you all live outside my state/area, doubtful you'll hear about a house fire in Anoka.

If you do, that was my house.

We all got out safely, though my rats didn't survive, and we're not sure about our cat. Buster (our dog) got out ok with me and the kids. But we hope our cat found a way out and is just hiding somewhere scared.

We're staying with DH's parents tonight, and we'll be speaking with the insurance company tomorrow...well today, given it is currently 4:30am CST. The house is likely a total loss.

Again, we're all fine, just a little shaken and in a bit of shock.

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Since you all live outside my state/area, doubtful you'll hear about a house fire in Anoka.

If you do, that was my house.

We all got out safely, though my rats didn't survive, and we're not sure about our cat. Buster (our dog) got out ok with me and the kids. But we hope our cat found a way out and is just hiding somewhere scared.

We're staying with DH's parents tonight, and we'll be speaking with the insurance company tomorrow...well today, given it is currently 4:30am CST. The house is likely a total loss.

Again, we're all fine, just a little shaken and in a bit of shock.

OMG! I'm so glad you all are unharmed, hopefully the cat too. You are in my prayers.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 06:14 AM
You, your family, and pets are in my prayers as well

LiberalNation
12-04-2008, 06:45 AM
What caused it?

Lots of fires in winters from heaters and such.

Said1
12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
OMG. That's terrible! I hope everything turns out ok.

12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
ill keep you in my prayers.

stephanie
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
how awful..

glad to hear you are all right, hope you find the cat..

hang in there dear..

Abbey Marie
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow, Fuzzy, what a scary thing to happen. I hope all ends up well as can be expected for your family, and the cat.

manu1959
12-04-2008, 09:25 PM
fuzzy i am so sorry......i am glad everyone is ok....

KitchenKitten99
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
UPDATE:

Our cat didn't make it. One of the rescue people found him and put him in a bag and set it by the garage door. We found him yesterday when we went to sign the paperwork and do a walkthrough. He and our ratties will be buried in our garden that is behind our garage. A friend of mine locally will be making a glass mosaic headstone for them.

We got an advance on our insurance money so we went and bought a few necessities. We have an awesome circle of friends and family who are helping us out. We were able to locate a townhome for rent through a friend of a friend and we sign the lease tomorrow. We'll probably start moving stuff Sunday. Unfortunately we can't take our dog, so we think my sister is going to help, or my mom. Otherwise we will have to find a foster service. If this townhome wasn't so close to our house (2 miles away in the same school district), we might have looked elsewhere. However we will make do and make the best of the situation.

Being as I am trying to look at the bright side of all this, I find myself feeling a little guilty about being able to get a whole new kitchen out of all this, and almost a whole new house. Definitely not the way I envisioned it happening though.

Kathianne
12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
UPDATE:

Our cat didn't make it. One of the rescue people found him and put him in a bag and set it by the garage door. We found him yesterday when we went to sign the paperwork and do a walkthrough. He and our ratties will be buried in our garden that is behind our garage. A friend of mine locally will be making a glass mosaic headstone for them.

We got an advance on our insurance money so we went and bought a few necessities. We have an awesome circle of friends and family who are helping us out. We were able to locate a townhome for rent through a friend of a friend and we sign the lease tomorrow. We'll probably start moving stuff Sunday. Unfortunately we can't take our dog, so we think my sister is going to help, or my mom. Otherwise we will have to find a foster service. If this townhome wasn't so close to our house (2 miles away in the same school district), we might have looked elsewhere. However we will make do and make the best of the situation.

Being as I am trying to look at the bright side of all this, I find myself feeling a little guilty about being able to get a whole new kitchen out of all this, and almost a whole new house. Definitely not the way I envisioned it happening though.

I'm so sorry for the loss of the cat, but hopeful regarding the townhouse, sounds like a better interim plan than staying with folks for indefinite time frame.

If you have good homeowner's coverage, when this saga is over and done, my guess is you will be happy.

5stringJeff
12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Yikes!!! I'm glad that everyone is all right. You will be in our prayers.

jackass
12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok!

Immanuel
12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Fuzzy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the fire and your cat, but, I'm glad to know that you and your family are safe.

Immie

KitchenKitten99
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
*update*
One of my ratties lives!

She was just scared & hiding in the paper bedding when my mom had done a quick sweepthrough of the cage. My mom had put the cage in our neighbor's garage that night, and I never went and looked, since I took her word for it and I would retrieve them later to put them in a box.

My neighbor went into the garage to get somethign and she noticed the paper rustling, and she called me to say that at least one of them is still alive.

Pickles is the lone survivor. She was happy to see me and was very hungry/thirsty. I was able to give her some water and some dry cereal and pasta that was untouched by the heat/smoke in one of the cupboards.

So I still have my Pickles, but Peanut and Daphne are wrapped up in a cardboard box next to Milo.