PDA

View Full Version : Gift Certificates for an Abortion?

red states rule
12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
What is next? Have 6 abortions and the next one is free?

Gift Certificates for an Abortion?
December 03, 2008 10:07 AM

Indiana's Planned Parenthood is offering a unique option this winter. $25-$100 gift certificates that can be used for anything at the clinics from contraception to abortions. The Chicago Tribune reports today on the effort which is available in 35 clinics throughout the state. The CEO of the state's Planned Parenthood is quoted by the paper as saying the reception has been "pretty robust, and generally favorable" and that the vast majority of those visiting Planned Parenthood are coming for basic health issues, not an abortion. The move has set off anger. Here's an excerpt from the Chicago Tribune:

"PPIN's move has enraged various anti-abortion organizations—Indiana Right to Life and the Indiana Family Institute among them. Jim Sedlak, vice president of the American Life League and executive director of Stop Planned Parenthood, an anti-abortion group based in Stafford, Va., condemns the certificates as a continuation of Planned Parenthood's "annual attacks on the Christian community at Christmastime."

"We are talking about what can be done," Sedlak said. "Look, they [Planned Parenthood] could easily have said, 'these certificates are not to be used for abortions.' But they intentionally chose not to do that."

Those who criticize the gift certificates, said PPIN's Cockrum, are missing the forest for the trees. "We see 92,000 patients each year at Planned Parenthood of Indiana, and 5,000 of them opt for abortions," Cockrum said. "Ninety-five percent of what we do is provide basic health care."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2008/12/gift-certificat.html

Abbey Marie
12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Nothing like celebrating the birth of that glorious child 2000 years ago, by enabling the murder of another. I'm sure an angel gets its wings whenever a PP certificate is purchased.

On a similar note, many years ago I saw a "Christmas tree" in a PP office. It was decorated with condoms and other sexual paraphernalia. The only difference now is that PP probably wouldn't even allow the tree.

Little-Acorn
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
If you can use the gift certificate to pay for an abortion, can you also use it to pay a doctor to deliver your baby alive and well?

These people ARE for choice, aren't they?

red states rule
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Nothing like celebrating the birth of that glorious child 2000 years ago, by enabling the murder of another. I'm sure an angel gets its wings whenever a PP certificate is purchased.

On a similar note, many years ago I saw a "Christmas tree" in a PP office. It was decorated with condoms and other sexual paraphernalia. The only difference now is that PP probably wouldn't even allow the tree.

and as an added bonus, order now and get a free "I Had An Abortion" T shirt to wear to your New Years Eve party

red states rule
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
If you can use the gift certificate to pay for an abortion, can you also use it to pay a doctor to deliver your baby alive and well?

These people ARE for choice, aren't they?

"Have a holly jolly abortion, it's the perfect time of the year, if you aren't ready, have a holly jolly pap smear"

Trigg
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I agree that this is beyond tacky, they should have stated the certificates couldn't be used for abortion.

They see (according to them) 92,000 people with 5,000 choosing abortion.

People do go their for health evaluations. I will help the 87,000 people there for other reasons.

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 06:17 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Abbey again.

Damn. Owe you.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Abbey again.

Damn. Owe you.

I took care of it for you Kat