PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Calif. gay marriage ban backed by less educated

LiberalNation
12-04-2008, 08:04 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081204/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage_poll

SAN FRANCISCO – Voters' economic status and religious convictions played a greater role than race and age in determining whether they supported the Nov. 4 ballot measure outlawing same-sex marriage in California, a new poll shows.

The ban drew its strongest support from both evangelical Christians and voters who didn't attend college, according to results released Wednesday by the Public Policy Institute of California.

Age and race, meanwhile, were not as strong factors as assumed. According to the poll, 56 percent of voters over age 55 and 57 percent of nonwhite voters cast a yes ballot for the gay marriage ban.

People who identified themselves as practicing Christians were highly likely to support the constitutional amendment, with 85 percent of evangelical Christians, 66 percent of Protestants and 60 percent of Roman Catholics favoring it.

The poll also showed that the measure got strong backing from voters who did not attend college (69 percent), voters who earned less than $40,000 a year (63 percent) and Latinos (61 percent).

red states rule
12-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Considering about 70% of blacks voted to keep marriage between one man and one women - you could be tagged a racist LN

moderate democrat
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
curious

Yurt
12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
conversely, the mere absence of such emotional distress should NOT be used as a green light to allow more abortions. I believe, reluctantly, that abortions should remain legal and a decision between a woman and her doctor and her diety, if she has one. I also believe that they should be rare and that the adoption option should be much more prevalent.

so you support jesus's mother right to an abortion?

moderate democrat
12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
odd...this post of mine went into the wrong thread. I have since placed it in the correct one.

what an interesting question about mary... I guess I am glad that she did not have one. lol

Yurt
12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
odd...this post of mine went into the wrong thread. I have since placed it in the correct one.

what an interesting question about mary... I guess I am glad that she did not have one. lol

but you support her right to get one. you support the choice of mary to abort jesus.

12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
wow. when in doubt, proclaim your opponents stupid. That's always an effective argument.

stephanie
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
:lol:

no shit.

LiberalNation
12-04-2008, 08:49 AM
but you support her right to get one. you support the choice of mary to abort jesus.

I do.

moderate democrat
12-04-2008, 08:49 AM

I am not sure about that. I had never thought about it in that way before.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
wow. when in doubt, proclaim your opponents stupid. That's always an effective argument.

That is how liberals think. They believe only they know what is best for others since the masses are to damn stupid to understand the complex issues

Since we are not smart enough, liberals believ ONLY government run by liberals is the answer

PostmodernProphet
12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
LN, your thread title is not warranted by the article....the statistics were not provided for those who did attend college.....how do we know the majority of those didn't also voted in favor of the gay marriage ban?......

jimnyc
12-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I consider myself intelligent and educated and have the education and experience to prove as much. I realize my opinion doesn't count in California, but I think it's absurd to claim that intelligence has anything to do with those who are against gay marriage.

I'd like to see them poll and analyze the intelligence of those who feel it's ok to smoke the pole of another man or allow him to place his weenie in the "exit only" area of his body.

namvet
12-04-2008, 10:22 AM
I do.

most libtards are abortions.

crin63
12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
The indoctrinated book smart people living in their fantasy world were opposed to the ban. Those with common sense were in favor of the ban.

I have since found a, "Gay" right I support. The right to have the Enola Gay proudly displayed anywhere in the USA. :coffee:

namvet
12-04-2008, 10:34 AM
The indoctrinated book smart people living in their fantasy world were opposed to the ban. Those with common sense were in favor of the ban.

I have since found a, "Gay" right I support. The right to have the Enola Gay proudly displayed anywhere in the USA. :coffee:

only gay i support :salute:

12-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I know this is kind of a side issue to the thread, but I am getting really tired of this assumption that simply because you have a degree, you are "educated". Some of the dumbest people ive met have graduate degrees. Some of the smartest people i know didn't finish college.

Let's be honest here. If you pay for the credits and do bare minimum to pass, you are going to get a degree. How many people that pay and show up dont get their degree? id like to know that. Are we to assume that everyone that can afford expensive schools is somehow intelligent and educated? its just absurd to me.

stephanie
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
hell, you can go online now and buy a degree..

Cheap from what I've seen..

I think a few liberals I know did just that..:thumb:

Yurt
12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
do democrats believe, those that believe in god, that homosexuality is a sin?

crin63
12-04-2008, 01:40 PM
do democrats believe, those that believe in god, that homosexuality is a sin?

No they don't. They remove those portions of scripture to maintain their worldview. Thats why they don't like the Apostle Paul, the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures that he wrote conflicts with their worldview and they cant have that.

Trigg
12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I know this is kind of a side issue to the thread, but I am getting really tired of this assumption that simply because you have a degree, you are "educated". Some of the dumbest people ive met have graduate degrees. Some of the smartest people i know didn't finish college.

Let's be honest here. If you pay for the credits and do bare minimum to pass, you are going to get a degree. How many people that pay and show up dont get their degree? id like to know that. Are we to assume that everyone that can afford expensive schools is somehow intelligent and educated? its just absurd to me.

:clap::clap:

Trigg
12-04-2008, 05:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081204/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage_poll

SAN FRANCISCO – Voters' economic status and religious convictions played a greater role than race and age in determining whether they supported the Nov. 4 ballot measure outlawing same-sex marriage in California, a new poll shows.

The ban drew its strongest support from both evangelical Christians and voters who didn't attend college, according to results released Wednesday by the Public Policy Institute of California.

Age and race, meanwhile, were not as strong factors as assumed. According to the poll, 56 percent of voters over age 55 and 57 percent of nonwhite voters cast a yes ballot for the gay marriage ban.

People who identified themselves as practicing Christians were highly likely to support the constitutional amendment, with 85 percent of evangelical Christians, 66 percent of Protestants and 60 percent of Roman Catholics favoring it.

The poll also showed that the measure got strong backing from voters who did not attend college (69 percent), voters who earned less than $40,000 a year (63 percent) and Latinos (61 percent).

How can race not have been a strong factor????????? 57% of non-whites voted for a gay marriage ban. That's a pretty strong number IMO. Latinos voting for a ban with 61% is a landslide.

red states rule
12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Gays always want to portray themselves as innocent victims of bigotry and intolerance.

But, it's pretty obvious what side has the intolerance.

When democracy doesn't go the way liberal radicals like, liberal radicals once again, show their true nature. The gays are NOT victims. They are militant sore losers, making threats, attacking churchs, and still having the gall to see themselves as victims.

Hobbit
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
A few points to consider:

First: 'Educated' is subjective. Yes, an art major, an education major, a philosophy major, a finance major, and an electrical engineering major all have a bachelor's degree, but who do you think is smarter? Harder working? More logical? More apprised of the latest news?

Second: Related to the above, people like me who have to bust their asses to get decent grades and have before spent multiple days straight with no sleep working on a project just to pass a class vote, but don't answer polls. It's the liberal arts majors who get their degrees in activism and protesting who answer polls (and annoy the crap out of engineers who are just trying to rush to the lab and get a paper printed off so they don't lose their scholarships). I don't care how 'educated' you think you are, every engineer watching these clowns would slap them if he had the time and secretly (or not so secretly) wishes they'd make that college as tough as engineering so the losers would have something better to do with their time.

Third: Latinos are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and blacks are majority baptist. Liberals have been courting them for years with one hand while slapping around the church with the other. Did they really think this effort to get out the vote among strongly religious minorities wouldn't bite them in the butt?

Fourth: Haven't we seen this before?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.asp

darin
12-05-2008, 11:51 AM
...shows the difference between 'educated' and 'wise' ;)

BECAUSE liberals are Godless, they attribute "Education" with 'close to godliness' - they use education as a bridge to close the gap between them and their creator. Instead of seeking Christ as the method, they puff themselves up on man-made beliefs. By measuring their 'education' they pacify their longings to know God. Instead of knowing God...they know 'stuff'. Stuff doesn't mend a breaking heart. Stuff doesn't change time. Stuff doesn't feed the hungry. Stuff doesn't make the poor 'wealthy'. Stuff won't save your soul. Stuff won't hold you in comfort at times of disaster. There is no 'hope' in stuff we know. Hope exists, purely, in the satisfaction of knowing our place in this universe. Our place is - specially-created beings placed to commune with the Creator.