PDA

View Full Version : Undercover at Planned Parenthood

12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/12/03/undercover-at-planned-parenthood/

What a surprise, an organization dedicated to killing unborn children is engaging in criminal activity

April15
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Seems like the nurse had the patients best interests in mind. Just because a state has a law doesn't make it correct, especially when it contradicts medical hipocrateic oath.
Medicine has no place for religious fanatics. If dispensing birth control is against your religion don't go into pharmacology or medicine.

Little-Acorn
12-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Seems like the nurse had the patients best interests in mind.
Letting a confirmed child molester go free, promotes the best interests of the patient??? In whose world? (Besides yours, april15)

(Weird, unrelated rant about religion and the Hippocratic oath deleted)

Silver
12-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Seems like the nurse had the patients best interests in mind. Just because a state has a law doesn't make it correct, especially when it contradicts medical hipocrateic oath.
Medicine has no place for religious fanatics. If dispensing birth control is against your religion don't go into pharmacology or medicine.

Your stupid pills seem to be very effective....

Not reporting Child rape is somehow connected to the Hippocratic oath?

Is there are air on your planet???

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 08:21 PM

Nurses don't take the Hippocratic oath. However doctors, nurses, counselors, teachers, and police are all mandated reporters for child abuse.

April15
12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Nurses don't take the Hippocratic oath. However doctors, nurses, counselors, teachers, and police are all mandated reporters for child abuse.And when that abuse forces a child give birth to a child the law is wrong. The nurse did the right thing.

April15
12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Letting a confirmed child molester go free, promotes the best interests of the patient??? In whose world? (Besides yours, april15)YES IT IS. Some parent should exercise firearm malfunction on the molester!

April15
12-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Your stupid pills seem to be very effective....

Not reporting Child rape is somehow connected to the Hippocratic oath?

Is there are air on your planet???Apparently more than on yours. The topic was abortion. The interest of the child is to not have a child. Reporting the rape would have forced her to give birth.

Silver
12-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Apparently more than on yours. The topic was abortion. The interest of the child is to not have a child. Reporting the rape would have forced her to give birth.

Apparently your reading comprehension isn't far from infancy....
At that point in the thread, the topic was "an organization dedicated to killing unborn children is engaging in criminal activity"

engaging in criminal activity being the operative phrase....that criminal activity being not reporting a child rape (child abuse)
.reporting a rape or child abuse does not force anyone to have a child....
.carryon sonny

manu1959
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM

how does covering for a statutory rape and helping someone get an abortion contradict ...."do no harm...."

stephanie
12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
how friggin sick is it, that people believe it's more harmful to have A BABY, that they would rather let a CHILD RAPIST run free to do more of his dirty deeds..

our society is so fucked up.

Silver
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
And just FYI for April15.....abortion is not illegal in Indiana.....

I assume you're a dim Dem so I won't hold your ignorance against you...

Kathianne
12-04-2008, 09:52 PM
And when that abuse forces a child give birth to a child the law is wrong. The nurse did the right thing.

No. THAT nurse did the wrong thing. IF she'd done the RIGHT thing, the 'kid' may have ended up explaining a whole lot, instead of an expose.

That's the point, but was missed on you. Perhaps my spelling it out helped?

Little-Acorn
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
how friggin sick is it, that people believe it's more harmful to have A BABY, that they would rather let a CHILD RAPIST run free to do more of his dirty deeds..

our society is so fucked up.

Our society is not fucked up. Much. Most people would never do that.

Only a few people like April15.

12-05-2008, 02:16 AM

yeah cause rape is in the girls best interests.

DragonStryk72
12-05-2008, 03:03 AM

wait, wait, wait, so a child gets blatant statutory RAPED, and the "best interest" is to keep it as quiet as possible? How many cases of sexual abuse does it take in order for it to become the "best interest" to tell the police there is a year 31-year-old man fucking 13-year-old girls? (Don't hand the, "it wasn't real" argument, in that woman's mind, it was)

Second, the patient (you know, that person the doctor is supposed to take care of) is a minor, so tell, when a child gets diagnosed with cancer, do the parents get to know about that? Well, if so, then guess, welcome to the wonderful world of being a minor. abortion clinics require paperwork, mind you, if they are operating legally, that is, in order to process people, and that means that a 13-year-old girl has no ability to fill out said paperwork legally, without a parent or guardian present, otherwise, what is to stop people from tricking children into contracts?

So, how many laws get broken, laws that are actually meant to protect, before it becomes wrong? Nobody was stopping her from getting the abortion, especially in a case of statutory rape, so the thing there is no reason to try and circumvent the law in that instance. The "best interest" is to stop rapists, don't you think?

12-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Politics trumps the law and the best interest of the child.

No1tovote4
12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
When did you overcome your brain's addiction to oxygen?

The hyppocratic oath has nothing to do with not reporting the sexual abuse of a child. Tell me what part of the hyppocratic oath you think maintains that the doctor must ignore the rape of a child. I'll be waiting, but I won't be holding my breath. Unlike you, I am addicted to oxygen.

No1tovote4
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
BTW: Even Planned Parenthood doesn't agree with April15 on this one.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2008/12/03/news.qp-7721386.sto

A local Planned Parenthood employee has been suspended after the release of a video surreptitiously shot at a clinic which shows a woman who identifies herself as a 13-year-old being given advice that is a violation of the organization’s policies.

A statement by Betty Cockrum, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Indiana, was released Wednesday in response to the video shot by a UCLA student who said she visited the Bloomington Planned Parenthood office in June, posing as a young teen. She said she spoke to a nurse there and told her she was 13 and pregnant from sex with an adult.

“We are deeply concerned about the content of the video,” the prepared statement read. “While we cannot be certain whether this video has been altered, the apparent actions of the employee would be in violation of our strict policies and procedures. Therefore, a thorough internal investigation of this matter has begun, and the employee has been put on an immediate, unpaid suspension. Further disciplinary action will be taken if warranted by the investigation.”

April15
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Our society is not fucked up. Much. Most people would never do that.

Only a few people like April15.Thank you but I feel it is your type that have fucked up society. Having had 4 daughters I can't understand the flagrant disregard for the child's life just to convict a rapist.

Des
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you but I feel it is your type that have fucked up society. Having had 4 daughters I can't understand the flagrant disregard for the child's life just to convict a rapist.

I'm a mother too, but I don't think it's okay to use one child to keep another child alive. I have seen pro-life arguments that state if a 12 year old girl becomes pregnant due to rape, she should carry the baby to term, completely ignoring the dangers to the 12 year old childs life (not to mention the baby inside her). To me, it's the same as using a childs body who is already born and alive to keep a sick child alive, something we would not do. Abortion is a medical and personal decision, and like it or not, a personal right, so long as the fetus isn't viable or the mother is in danger. A 12 year old pregnant girl is in danger. It's a slippery slope, but sometimes, one that shouldn't be dictated with blanket statements. Yes, people abuse it. People abuse all sorts of things, but that doesn't mean it's okay to sacrifice the physical and emotional well being of a living, breathing little girl to grow a child inside her that isn't even fully formed yet.

12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Thank you but I feel it is your type that have fucked up society. Having had 4 daughters I can't understand the flagrant disregard for the child's life just to convict a rapist.

I am praying with all my heart that your daughters never have to come to you saying they have been raped....

Obviously politics is more important than their safety.

April15
12-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I am praying with all my heart that your daughters never have to come to you saying they have been raped....

Obviously politics is more important than their safety.Prayer won't do anything but make you feel better. As for the rape part if they wanted to abort that would be a no brainer. As to the rapist he would not make it to court.

Mr. P
12-05-2008, 09:51 PM
A shock video that pumps the anti-abortion folks..DUH!
Reading the posts it worked.

I hate shock reports..they are usually very slanted toward the agenda, as this one seems to be. So, it is just a piece of propaganda for me, nothing more. No value.

Des
12-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Obviously politics is more important than their safety.

I hope you do not have children and think that attitude is acceptable.

12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I hope you do not have children and think that attitude is acceptable.

What the hell are you talking about? Im the one actually concerned about a girl claiming she was raped. He is the one who things the abortion is more important than the fact that she was freaking raped. What the hell is wrong with you people?

DragonStryk72
12-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Prayer won't do anything but make you feel better. As for the rape part if they wanted to abort that would be a no brainer. As to the rapist he would not make it to court.

With your mad investigative and tracking skills? tell me, would you like it if maybe the cops were able to say aid in finding the person, maybe with a database of possible suspects that could be tracked down?

How about this one, perhaps it would be helpful to do something that would actually help stop other little girls your daughters age from getting something similar done to them?

A girl that has been raped has already had her life destroyed, and to let him get away with it to avoid dealing with the girl's destroyed life is just madness.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey APRIL, what about it? Even the guilty organization admits they are wrong, but not our stubborn April. Is it possible that you are more pro-abortion than even PP?

BTW: Even Planned Parenthood doesn't agree with April15 on this one.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2008/12/03/news.qp-7721386.sto

A local Planned Parenthood employee has been suspended after the release of a video surreptitiously shot at a clinic which shows a woman who identifies herself as a 13-year-old being given advice that is a violation of the organization’s policies.

A statement by Betty Cockrum, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Indiana, was released Wednesday in response to the video shot by a UCLA student who said she visited the Bloomington Planned Parenthood office in June, posing as a young teen. She said she spoke to a nurse there and told her she was 13 and pregnant from sex with an adult.

“We are deeply concerned about the content of the video,” the prepared statement read. “While we cannot be certain whether this video has been altered, the apparent actions of the employee would be in violation of our strict policies and procedures. Therefore, a thorough internal investigation of this matter has begun, and the employee has been put on an immediate, unpaid suspension. Further disciplinary action will be taken if warranted by the investigation.”

April15
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey APRIL, what about it? Even the guilty organization admits they are worrg, but not our stubborn April. Is it possible that you are more pro-abortion than even PP?So you admit that PP isn't the end all when it comes to abortion, that others are more so than them! Well I can proudly say I am one.

April15
12-07-2008, 11:56 AM
With your mad investigative and tracking skills? tell me, would you like it if maybe the cops were able to say aid in finding the person, maybe with a database of possible suspects that could be tracked down?

How about this one, perhaps it would be helpful to do something that would actually help stop other little girls your daughters age from getting something similar done to them?

A girl that has been raped has already had her life destroyed, and to let him get away with it to avoid dealing with the girl's destroyed life is just madness.Having been falesly accused of a crime and imprisoned I seriously doubt the police have any ability to solve much other than their own agenda. I learned a lot in my short stay about retribution. Trust me there are much more effective ways to deal with childmolesters.

actsnoblemartin
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
me = son of a retired oncologist (prostate cancer), who has won numerous awards for his non-profit work

the hypocratic oath is...

do NO harm NOT do what you feel, or hand the child back to the abuser

thanks for playing, you dont know shit about this topic

sorry april15, you dont know what your talking about here

Des
12-07-2008, 06:21 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Im the one actually concerned about a girl claiming she was raped. He is the one who things the abortion is more important than the fact that she was freaking raped. What the hell is wrong with you people?

It's just wrong to tell someone "I hope with all my heart the bad thing we're arguing about never happens to your kids..." Bringing someones child into the argument lacks some serious class.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
So you admit that PP isn't the end all when it comes to abortion, that others are more so than them! Well I can proudly say I am one.

Heck, there are always fringe kooks out there. PP just has it institutionalized.

12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
It's just wrong to tell someone "I hope with all my heart the bad thing we're arguing about never happens to your kids..." Bringing someones child into the argument lacks some serious class.

I didnt bring his children into the argument. He did. That was exactly my point.

12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Having been falesly accused of a crime and imprisoned I seriously doubt the police have any ability to solve much other than their own agenda. I learned a lot in my short stay about retribution. Trust me there are much more effective ways to deal with childmolesters.

I am going to have to agree here. I am way underimpressed with police officers.

April15
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
me = son of a retired oncologist (prostate cancer), who has won numerous awards for his non-profit work

the hypocratic oath is...

do NO harm NOT do what you feel, or hand the child back to the abuser

thanks for playing, you dont know shit about this topic

sorry april15, you dont know what your talking about hereDon't be sorry. I did not know that registered nurses were not subject to the oath.

Immanuel
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Apparently more than on yours. The topic was abortion. The interest of the child is to not have a child. Reporting the rape would have forced her to give birth.

I must seriously disagree with you on this. Not reporting the rape only allows the rapist to do it again and again and again. Maybe even eventually killing the girl when he thinks that maybe this one might tell the cops.

The best interest of the girl and all young women is to get the rapist off the streets before someone is seriously hurt.

What about the emotional trauma on the child? The mother in this case. Rape isn't something that women laugh about when it is over. Sometimes in Statutory Rape, it is actually mutually consented sex, but not always. Where do you draw the line?

I'm a mother too, but I don't think it's okay to use one child to keep another child alive. I have seen pro-life arguments that state if a 12 year old girl becomes pregnant due to rape, she should carry the baby to term, completely ignoring the dangers to the 12 year old childs life (not to mention the baby inside her). To me, it's the same as using a childs body who is already born and alive to keep a sick child alive, something we would not do. Abortion is a medical and personal decision, and like it or not, a personal right, so long as the fetus isn't viable or the mother is in danger. A 12 year old pregnant girl is in danger. It's a slippery slope, but sometimes, one that shouldn't be dictated with blanket statements. Yes, people abuse it. People abuse all sorts of things, but that doesn't mean it's okay to sacrifice the physical and emotional well being of a living, breathing little girl to grow a child inside her that isn't even fully formed yet.

So, are you saying that as far as you are concerned it is acceptable to let a 31 year old man have sex with a thirteen year old girl and get away with it if it means that she would have to tell the police about sexual abuse when she goes for an abortion? Unbelievable! It is the job of the medical provider to protect such a girl. The provider would know that what went on was wrong and should have immediately informed the police.

Immie

Des
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
So, are you saying that as far as you are concerned it is acceptable to let a 31 year old man have sex with a thirteen year old girl and get away with it if it means that she would have to tell the police about sexual abuse when she goes for an abortion? Unbelievable! It is the job of the medical provider to protect such a girl. The provider would know that what went on was wrong and should have immediately informed the police.

Immie[/QUOTE]

No, I don't understand where you got that at all from what I wrote.

April15
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I must seriously disagree with you on this. Not reporting the rape only allows the rapist to do it again and again and again. Maybe even eventually killing the girl when he thinks that maybe this one might tell the cops. This is preferred, but if the child must have the baby to prosecute then I have a problem with it.

The best interest of the girl and all young women is to get the rapist off the streets before someone is seriously hurt. Again, if the prosecution allows for termination of pregnancy, I would agree.

What about the emotional trauma on the child? The mother in this case. Rape isn't something that women laugh about when it is over. Sometimes in Statutory Rape, it is actually mutually consented sex, but not always. Where do you draw the line? Knowing women who have had abortion and knowing a rape victim I can agree with, the emotional part.

So, are you saying that as far as you are concerned it is acceptable to let a 31 year old man have sex with a thirteen year old girl and get away with it if it means that she would have to tell the police about sexual abuse when she goes for an abortion? Unbelievable! It is the job of the medical provider to protect such a girl. The provider would know that what went on was wrong and should have immediately informed the police. When the rapist can prohibit any termination of pregnancy it may not always be in the best interest of the child to press charges.

ImmiePlease see red reply

actsnoblemartin
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
I dont know about registered nurses, you got me there.

I'd have to look it up

but thanks for realizing i was not even intending to disparage you my good friend

nice to know we can disagree so peacefully :beer:

Don't be sorry. I did not know that registered nurses were not subject to the oath.

Immanuel
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM

Immie

No, I don't understand where you got that at all from what I wrote.

It just seemed to me like you were saying that the medical professional should not have to bring the case to the authorities if he/she felt that the child would not have the abortion.

I think the professional should be prosecuted for not informing the proper authorities. There should never have been a question about it.

This is preferred, but if the child must have the baby to prosecute then I have a problem with it.

I didn't see anywhere that said the child must have the baby. Reporting the crime would not prevent the child from having the abortion. The one concern would be that the child might not go to the clinic if she were afraid of having to face a trial.

Again, if the prosecution allows for termination of pregnancy, I would agree.

Okay, then you cleared that up. Although I would prefer her not choosing to have an abortion... 13 is so darned young... I sure would not want to have to make that call.

Knowing women who have had abortion and knowing a rape victim I can agree with, the emotional part.

My concern about not reporting the child molestation would be that the predator would be allowed to continue his actions with this girl or others and who knows where that would end?

Immie

Des
12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Immanuel;330305]It just seemed to me like you were saying that the medical professional should not have to bring the case to the authorities if he/she felt that the child would not have the abortion.

I think the professional should be prosecuted for not informing the proper authorities. There should never have been a question about it.

No way. I agree with you 100 percent on that.

DragonStryk72
12-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Having been falesly accused of a crime and imprisoned I seriously doubt the police have any ability to solve much other than their own agenda. I learned a lot in my short stay about retribution. Trust me there are much more effective ways to deal with childmolesters.

And you still have to find the right one, regardless. Stop trying to act like a badass, it just comes off as ignorant.

As for imprisoned, was there evidence, what was the evidence? Did it make it to trial. Don't hand out a blank like that, not when you decided to start this little run.

I suppose you keep a fully up to date database of child molesters in your house, all of whom you've tracked down and taken out, hence why child molestation doesn't happen any more. Yeah, that's what I thought.

What way do you have of finding the right person? "Uh, that one." Oh yeah, that's great, no chance of hitting the wrong person there, huh.

Yes, Police, like you, make mistakes, but unlike you, they are trained to do this, while you are not.

there is not one single instance where it is "better" to leave a rapist on the streets, because even if you started hunting now, it would take weeks to track the guy down, and that is a lot more little girls between now and then. Most of the reason, btw, that there is so much trouble in putting rapists away, as cited by every cop I know, is that it, guess what, does not get reported. So thanks for setting another free, maybe 5 or 10 girls from now, one of the grown ups around them will do the right thing.

April15
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
And you still have to find the right one, regardless. Stop trying to act like a badass, it just comes off as ignorant.

As for imprisoned, was there evidence, what was the evidence? Did it make it to trial. Don't hand out a blank like that, not when you decided to start this little run.

I suppose you keep a fully up to date database of child molesters in your house, all of whom you've tracked down and taken out, hence why child molestation doesn't happen any more. Yeah, that's what I thought.

What way do you have of finding the right person? "Uh, that one." Oh yeah, that's great, no chance of hitting the wrong person there, huh.

Yes, Police, like you, make mistakes, but unlike you, they are trained to do this, while you are not.

there is not one single instance where it is "better" to leave a rapist on the streets, because even if you started hunting now, it would take weeks to track the guy down, and that is a lot more little girls between now and then. Most of the reason, btw, that there is so much trouble in putting rapists away, as cited by every cop I know, is that it, guess what, does not get reported. So thanks for setting another free, maybe 5 or 10 girls from now, one of the grown ups around them will do the right thing.

I was going to explain but as you know it all why should I?