PDA

View Full Version : G. Marriage advocates upset over religious participation

12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/religious-church-campaign-2247442-state-gay

Looks like the gay marriage group is upset that people exercised their constitutional rights to express their religious views.

I get it. No one is allowed to have religious values and express them unless these activists like it.

darin
12-05-2008, 01:42 PM
"There is no religious freedom in America when any religious group can impose their dogma on any person that disagrees with that dogma," said Newport Beach's Paul Fitz-Gibbon.

Ironic Paul Fitz-Gibbon would have NO PROBLEM with HIS group imposing THEIR dogma on any person that disagrees with their dogma....

Yurt
12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Ironic Paul Fitz-Gibbon would have NO PROBLEM with HIS group imposing THEIR dogma on any person that disagrees with their dogma....

i would use a different word than ironic

Des
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Someday, our great-grandchildren will look back on this whole argument and have some work akin to "racist" to link to the whole "anti-gay marriage" deal.

darin
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't think it'll take that long Des. Back when God destroyed mankind with a flood, people weren't a lot different than they are today. Today 'most' of the people love themselves more than truth. Our Grandchildren may see the virtual outlawing of 'true' Christianity - not the kind like, say, Obama may be a part of, or most OTHER politician for that matter...but real, truth-bible-based teachings of Christianity.

BUT - hopefully...for it to happen More and More idiots will have to believe homosexuality is a genetic trait - not a practice engaged in by people who lack the wisdom to seek treatment.

Missileman
12-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't think it'll take that long Des. Back when God destroyed mankind with a flood, people weren't a lot different than they are today. Today 'most' of the people love themselves more than truth. Our Grandchildren may see the virtual outlawing of 'true' Christianity - not the kind like, say, Obama may be a part of, or most OTHER politician for that matter...but real, truth-bible-based teachings of Christianity.

BUT - hopefully...for it to happen More and More idiots will have to believe homosexuality is a genetic trait - not a practice engaged in by people who lack the wisdom to seek treatment.

And less and less idiots will believe in a fairy tale about a flood that wiped out mankind. :poke:

darin
12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
And less and less idiots will believe in a fairy tale about a flood that wiped out mankind. :poke:

:D

You'll believe someday MM...I believe in you and your ability to REASON.... ;)

Missileman
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
:D

You'll believe someday MM...I believe in you and your ability to REASON.... ;)

It is REASON that makes the tale impossible. You can't reconcile the mass amnesia that would make the descendants of the Ark forget their LANGUAGE, HISTORY, and GOD within a handful of generations. You can't reconcile the MUTATION of middle-eastern people into the various races that populate the earth within a handful of generations. You can't reconcile the cross-ocean MIGRATION of these few people to the four corners of the globe, also in a few generations.

Nope, it's an ancient Jewish myth to explain the rainbow...as childish and baseless as the ancient Greek myth about Apollo dragging the sun across the sky.

darin
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
REASON makes 'any possible solution other than devine creation or design' impossible...yet you cling to a very hole-filled, borderline retarded myth of darwinism....

Missileman
12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
REASON makes 'any possible solution other than devine creation or design' impossible...yet you cling to a very hole-filled, borderline retarded myth of darwinism....

Right(insert wanker smilie here)...the theory of evolution has a couple holes...creationism IS a hole...a vacuum devoid of even a single shred of evidence.

I notice you won't take a shot at REASONable explanations for the problems with the flood scenario. I understand totally though...if the thread that is the Great Flood unravels, the entire fabric of your imagined reality is at risk.

Yurt
12-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Right(insert wanker smilie here)...the theory of evolution has a couple holes...creationism IS a hole...a vacuum devoid of even a single shred of evidence.

I notice you won't take a shot at REASONable explanations for the problems with the flood scenario. I understand totally though...if the thread that is the Great Flood unravels, the entire fabric of your imagined reality is at risk.

:lol:

your theory has holes, yet without any factual evidence you proudly proclaim that creation "IS a hole"....

and what flood scenario? must have missed that post.

check this out

http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Design-Harold-G-Coffin/dp/082801776X

82Marine89
12-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Back to the gay marriage topic...

I was one of the folks that voted 'No on 8'. Christian or not, this isn't about some god and what he preaches. It wasn't about someones 'right' to marry, because marriage isn't a 'right'. It was about two people being allowed to live in a state sanctioned, monogamous relationship. I don't have an issue with two men or two women marrying each other. It's no different from me marrying my fiancee and living a happy life together. I know the prop lost and I accept that. The sun still rose and set every day while it was legal and it will continue to do the same now that it has been banned. My life will still go on and so will the argument of gay marriage.