PDA

View Full Version : Coffee In The Morning, Coffee In The Evening, Coffee In The Gas Tank!

Kathianne
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Nectar of the gods, links at site:

http://gas2.org/2008/12/04/americas-addiction-fuels-desire-for-coffee-ground-biodiesel/

America’s Addiction Fuels Desire For Coffee Ground Biodiesel

Written by Nick Chambers
Published on December 4th, 2008

Researchers are reporting they have successfully made a high quality biodiesel from spent coffee grounds. They estimate that the coffee ground biodiesel industry could generate as much as $8,000,000 in profits annually using waste from US Starbucks stores alone...

Mr. P
12-06-2008, 07:10 PM
After taking out operating costs, and assuming a sale value of $4.50/gallon of biodiesel

$4.50/gal! Way too spencive, forget Starbucks use McDonalds coffee, I'll bet they make more coffee per day too. :laugh2:

Hey, just think what the exhaust will smell like.

Wait, didn't I hear Starbuck was closing many locations? Is this just some back door trick for ANOTHER bail-out? :eek:

Kathianne
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
$4.50/gal! Way too spencive, forget Starbucks use McDonalds coffee, I'll bet they make more coffee per day too. :laugh2:

Hey, just think what the exhaust will smell like.

Wait, didn't I hear Starbuck was closing many locations? Is this just some back door trick for ANOTHER bail-out? :eek:

LOL! I never thought of that. Truth to tell, as a coffee addict, I don't do much Starbucks. Granted at Christmas I'm likely to pull in $100-150 in gift cards and I'll use them. But not MY money. ;)