PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Attacks MI - Spreads to East Coast

red states rule
12-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Global warming has launched an all out assault on the state of MI, and it heading for the East Coast this morning

Snow, high winds, and cold temps are in store for the affected areas

Saturday, December 6, 2008
Flurries, wind, cold on tap for Sunday
Santiago Esparza / The Detroit News
Light snow, cold temperatures and high winds will make it feel like the single digits are in store for those who venture outside on Sunday.

Flurries but no appreciable snowfall is expected as a cold snap that moved in a few weeks ago and has refused to leave. Temperatures have hovered about 10 to 15 degrees below normal, said meteorologist Karen Clark of the National Weather Service in White Lake Township.

"People going outside should dress appropriately," she said.

Temperatures will be in the low to mid 20s but feel like one-half that warm when wind gusts of up to 24 mph blow through Metro Detroit, said meteorologist Mike Richter, also with the weather service.

On Saturday snow fell steadily, making a mess of roads. There were at least 40 crashes on Metro Detroit freeways, according to the Michigan State Police. One to three inches of snow was expected on Saturday in the northern parts of Metro Detroit, Ricther said.

Sunday will be relatively snow-free with flurries falling from time to time, but nothing major, Richter said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081206/METRO/812060438/1408/LOCAL

Binky
12-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, I live in Northern Mi and it's nothing we haven't seen over the last 60 years. I can remember these sort of windy, cold and snowy days all throughout my youth. One day it'll be freezing and the next it'll be springlike, so to speak. Go figure! Ya just never know.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, I live in Northern Mi and it's nothing we haven't seen over the last 60 years. I can remember these sort of windy, cold and snowy days all throughout my youth. One day it'll be freezing and the next it'll be springlike, so to speak. Go figure! Ya just never know.

The thread is mostly for the enviro wackos who actually buy into the rants of Al Gore who continues to tell us the Earth is burning up

Binky
12-07-2008, 03:05 PM
The thread is mostly for the enviro wackos who actually buy into the rants of Al Gore who continues to tell us the Earth is burning up

Ok......I'm not one of those that believes in global warming. I believe chemicals may be speeding it up a bit, but the actual warming cycle has gone on and on for millions of years and will continue to do so long after we are dead.

Gore's just touting that bullpucky because he is trying to convince us all that a carbon tax would help pay to end global warming. It's pure horse pucky. And anyone that actually isn't programmed to think that way is wise to what is going on.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Ok......I'm not one of those that believes in global warming. I believe chemicals may be speeding it up a bit, but the actual warming cycle has gone on and on for millions of years and will continue to do so long after we are dead.

Gore's just touting that bullpucky because he is trying to convince us all that a carbon tax would help pay to end global warming. It's pure horse pucky. And anyone that actually isn't programmed to think that way is wise to what is going on.

When I see elected Dems (and RINO's) lecturing us about "climate change" I think about this

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER SNOW/ICE STORM
The Drudge Report ^ | February 13, 2007 | Matt Drudge

Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:58:57 PM by Clintonfatigued

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

The hearing will be rescheduled to a date and time to be announced later.

DC WEATHER REPORT:

Wednesday: Freezing rain in the morning...then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Ice accumulation of less than one quarter of an inch. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Northwest winds around 20 mph.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1784360/posts

5stringJeff
12-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Cold winter weather does not disprove climate change any more than hot summer weather proves climate change.

red states rule
12-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Cold winter weather does not disprove climate change any more than hot summer weather proves climate change.

That does not stop the liberal media from "reporting" on global warming during your typical summertime heat wave

actsnoblemartin
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
global cooling?

:beer:

Global warming has launched an all out assault on the state of MI, and it heading for the East Coast this morning

Snow, high winds, and cold temps are in store for the affected areas

Saturday, December 6, 2008
Flurries, wind, cold on tap for Sunday
Santiago Esparza / The Detroit News
Light snow, cold temperatures and high winds will make it feel like the single digits are in store for those who venture outside on Sunday.

Flurries but no appreciable snowfall is expected as a cold snap that moved in a few weeks ago and has refused to leave. Temperatures have hovered about 10 to 15 degrees below normal, said meteorologist Karen Clark of the National Weather Service in White Lake Township.

"People going outside should dress appropriately," she said.

Temperatures will be in the low to mid 20s but feel like one-half that warm when wind gusts of up to 24 mph blow through Metro Detroit, said meteorologist Mike Richter, also with the weather service.

On Saturday snow fell steadily, making a mess of roads. There were at least 40 crashes on Metro Detroit freeways, according to the Michigan State Police. One to three inches of snow was expected on Saturday in the northern parts of Metro Detroit, Ricther said.

Sunday will be relatively snow-free with flurries falling from time to time, but nothing major, Richter said.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081206/METRO/812060438/1408/LOCAL

Des
12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
It blows my mind how many people cannot separate corporate global warming scare tactics with the actual climate change our enviroment is going through.

5stringJeff
12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
That does not stop the liberal media from "reporting" on global warming during your typical summertime heat wave

So, by reporting on the topic during typical wintertime cold snaps, are you lowering yourself to the level of the liberal media?