PDA

View Full Version : Liberals voice concerns about Obama

Yurt
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Liberals voice concerns about Obama

Liberals are growing increasingly nervous – and some just flat-out angry – that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.

Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.

Obama drew rousing applause at campaign events when he vowed to tax the windfall profits of oil companies. As president-elect, Obama says he won’t enact the tax.

This isn’t the first liberal letdown over Obama, who promptly angered the left after winning the Democratic primary by announcing he backed a compromise that would allow warrantless wiretapping on U.S. soil to continue.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081208/pl_politico/16292;_ylt=Ar.Le0zat8UTMu4awAIVcZ0EtbAF

he may soon be the president, but he is the liar in chief

darin
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Every time I remember I pray for Obama - I pray for him to be a liar on most of the things he said to get elected. Sad, isn't it?

Yurt
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
even with his lies, the media will spin this and say he is a genius at adapting to the current political situation

personally, i don't think he has a clue what he is doing. he is "annointing" big time dems in what i believe is payback for their support. he has virtually no experience so he appoints the "old boss" players to advise him, yet he drones on about change. on the one hand, i am not disappointed that he has lied about his promises so far, and yet on the other hand i am truly sickened at the left's (even though complaining they still support him) near blind faith in him and how obama ran one of the most dishonest campaigns in recent history, if ever.

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I think it was Will Rogers that said "Organizing Democrats is like herding cats", and I agree with that statement. Democrats tend to be cynical about political matters and can certainly not be compared with the lockstep lemmings amongst the reichwingers.

This liberal and all others that I am close with fully appreciate the pragmatic approach that President Obama is taking and understand that responsible governance requires such a depth in genuine and multi-partisan deliberations. It sure beats the hell out of what we've had these last 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I think it was Will Rogers that said "Organizing Democrats is like herding cats", and I agree with that statement. Democrats tend to be cynical about political matters and can certainly not be compared with the lockstep lemmings amongst the reichwingers.

This liberal and all others that I am close with fully appreciate the pragmatic approach that President Obama is taking and understand that responsible governance requires such a depth in genuine and multi-partisan deliberations. It sure beats the hell out of what we've had these last 8 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

try reading the article:

Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.

they still blindly support him despite his LIES

Psychoblues
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Would you like some cheese to go with that whine, yuk?

Psychoblues

5stringJeff
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Well, it seems that turnabout is fair play, since Bush went back on his promises to be a conservative.

Yurt
12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, it seems that turnabout is fair play, since Bush went back on his promises to be a conservative.

two wrongs do not make a right....and in this case, if he wants to go back on being liberal, ok by me, i will applaud him, unlike the libs were continued to ridicule bush.

Yurt
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Psychoblues

just stating the facts psydeshow...not at all surprised you would turn that into a bitch session :poke:

hjmick
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone who expected Obama to keep his word is an absolute fool.

red states rule
12-09-2008, 06:12 AM

Psychoblues

Ask Chris what brand we wants

Matthews Worries About Obama Cabinet: 'Why No Lefties?'
By Geoffrey Dickens
December 8, 2008 - 19:01 ET

Looks like Chris Matthews is actually disappointed in Barack Obama, but only in the sense that he's worried Obama isn't moving to the left fast enough. Throughout Monday night's "Hardball," after reciting recent appointments like Robert Gates, Jim Jones and yes even Hillary Clinton, Matthews repeatedly asked his guests questions like: "What happened to the victory of change, and I hate to use the phrase, the Left? Who won this election?" and "Why do we have no lefties in this cabinet?"

Matthews even invited on two "lefties," Tim Carpenter of Progressive Democrats of America and David Corn of The Nation, to blast Obama for not going left enough and offered them regular spots on his show to "Keep the guy [Obama] where he ought to be."

A little later in the program, Matthews had on Margaret Carlson of Bloomberg news and Roger Simon of the Politico and fretted about his perception that there weren't enough leftists in the cabinet: "Why no lefties? Why nobody that talks like Barack Obama talked when he got elected?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dickens/2008/12/08/despondent-matthews-worries-about-obama-cabinet-where-are-lefties

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Continuing to whine isn't helping your cause, dumbo.

just stating the facts psydeshow...not at all surprised you would turn that into a bitch session :poke:

And I'm not bitching. But you can interpret my comments any way you like.

BTW: Tell your asshole fucking buddy, rsr, that I don't give a rats ass about his whining either, OK?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

red states rule
12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Continuing to whine isn't helping your cause, dumbo.

And I'm not bitching. But you can interpret my comments any way you like.

BTW: Tell your asshole fucking buddy, rsr, that I don't give a rats ass about his whining either, OK?

Psychoblues

Ignoring your pals in the liberal media PB? Which is it? Will the messiah save all of us - or do we have to lower our expectations?

In Self-Congratulatory Excess Over MTP, NBC Frets Obama's 'Expectations Management'
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
December 8, 2008 - 21:32 ET

In the midst of more self-congratulatory excess over David Gregory becoming moderator of Meet the Press, he and anchor Brian Williams cued up Gregory to discuss Obama's “expectations management.” Gregory echoed that Obama must “lower expectations,” though, Gregory soon trumpeted: “He doesn't want to hit the ground running. He wants to hit the ground signing, signing a stimulus bill in the very early days of his administration because the economy cannot wait.” Williams first told Gregory, who appeared from the Meet the Press set: “Congratulations on your great new job so well deserved and what you know is a great honor.” Gregory agreed: “I do know it's a great honor” to host “a treasured platform in the country.”

Williams posed this tortuous question:

David, you also come to this job from your last position as chief White House correspondent. As such, it changes the way you, I'm sure, have looked a this race and the President-elect including as recently as yesterday's interview with Tom Brokaw. Talk about that, especially in the area so important these days of expectations management.

After talking about how Obama “wants to hit the ground signing,” Gregory touted how Obama “is the one who pitched the idea of a bailout for the big three in Detroit, that we reported on tonight, to the President during their first meeting.” Gregory concluded: “He's very much trying to drive the agenda even before he gets into office.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/12/08/self-congratulatory-excess-over-mtp-nbc-frets-obamas-expectations-manag

namvet
12-09-2008, 09:24 AM

:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

LiberalNation
12-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Weren't ya'll the ones saying he was just sooooo far left during the election so now he turns out to be more centrist than you hoped and you piss and moan about that too. Anyway, he hasn't started to actually govern yet.

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Just what "liberal media" are you referring, dumbo?

Ignoring your pals in the liberal media PB? Which is it? Will the messiah save all of us - or do we have to lower our expectations?

The media that I appreciate think this entire affair is a reichwing snafu going awry for the idiots that believe in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Weren't ya'll the ones saying he was just sooooo far left during the election so now he turns out to be more centrist than you hoped and you piss and moan about that too. Anyway, he hasn't started to actually govern yet.

um, if you noticed or happened to read the article, it is the DEMS who are pissing and moaning

LiberalNation
12-09-2008, 02:39 PM
and it was the cons in this thread who were as well.

Yurt
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
and it was the cons in this thread who were as well.

we are not complaining he is, only pointing out that the guy cannot be trusted at all

5stringJeff
12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

But true, true, true, true.