PDA

View Full Version : B2 Bomber Over L.A.

crin63
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Yesterday there were 2 different B2 bombers flying over L.A.. The 1st one made about 5-6 passes over my house the 2nd one made another 2-3 passes over the house. Heres a couple pics with my Nikon D-80 with an 18-200mm lens on it. It was pretty cool watching them fly around.

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/crin63/DSC_1146.jpg[/IMG]

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/crin63/DSC_0987.jpg

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Those are Whiteman, AFB, Mo. birds, crin. Nice shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

crin63
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks PB. I heard they were practicing for the Rose Bowl/Parade.

Des
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I've never seen one fly before, that's pretty neat.

LiberalNation
12-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I thought they were supposed to be less visible but I guess flying low and slow for the show.

manu1959
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I thought they were supposed to be less visible but I guess flying low and slow for the show.

he used a special lens....

namvet
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
the 509th bomber wing. named after the the same that dropped the bombs on Japan. history (history)

Psychoblues
12-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll be certain to watch the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks PB. I heard they were practicing for the Rose Bowl/Parade.

When I was at Whiteman we were mostly a Minuteman missle base. Very few aircraft other than a resting station for B-58 bombers from Little Rock, AFB everytime it got stormy down there!!!!!!!!!! Even though our barracks were several miles from the runway those birds always got us up whether landing or taking off and they all always landed and took off in rapid succession!!!!!!!!!!! We also had a few Navy weather birds come in once or twice a week enroute or returning from the Millington Naval Air Station close to Memphis, Tn. That was within about 15 miles from my home and the Navy aircraft commanders would never let me ride with them!!!!!!!!!! The techs on board told me that it was always the commanders decision whether or not to give someone a ride and that they rarely let anyone other than Navy cats on board except ranks O-6 and above. At that point it became a military priority?!?!?!?!??! Sucks to me considering that we always were expected to refuel, de-ice, etc. every time they came in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

crin63
12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I found out they were flying over for the funeral of the former secretary of the Air Force Vern Orr.

Quite a site

This letter is in regards to seeing a B-2 stealth bomber make about 10 passes in a huge circle over the San Gabriel Valley on Sunday. I cannot find any news on this.

It was quite a site. It lasted for more than 20 minutes. Did it have something to do with Pearl Harbor Day? Or was there an air show in the area?

John Newbold, Azusa

Editor's Note: Staff Writer Brian Day reported in the newspaper's blog (Crime Scene) that day the following explanation: "A B-2 stealth bomber paid a visit to the SGV and Pasadena areas Sunday ... the B-2 was in the area to fly over the funeral for former Secretary of the Air Force Vern Orr, who passed away last month at age 92 at his Pasadena home and was buried Sunday in Pasadena, said Edward's Air Force Base spokesman Mike Strickler. The plane was part of the 509th Bomb Wing out of Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri.

Psychoblues
12-13-2008, 05:23 PM
The United States Air Force is almost always good for things like that!!!!!!!!!!

Need somethin' to cool your throat?

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
he used a special lens....

bought it from a Russian army surplus store no less.....

Psychoblues
12-28-2008, 05:25 AM
I knew the jamm without all those special lenses, pmp.

bought it from a Russian army surplus store no less.....

You're still trying to figure it out and lying about what you really don't know?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
01-29-2009, 02:43 AM
That would be less visible on radar, ln.

They continue to be quite visible up close and in reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly outstanding and very impressive specimens of American craftsmanship and ingenuity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're too young to drink but :cheers2: anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

DannyR
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM

I've had them flyover at an event I attended once. One thing I found cool was that you couldn't really hear them until after they had already passed. If not for the fact that they were announced, most people would probably have missed them overhead because they looked up too late.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 05:30 AM
That's no real feat, DannyR. Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time as an AC130 was about to stroke you?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?

I've had them flyover at an event I attended once. One thing I found cool was that you couldn't really hear them until after they had already passed. If not for the fact that they were announced, most people would probably have missed them overhead because they looked up too late.

They don't fly off in a hurry but they can shock the shit out of you if you're not expecting them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
03-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Some get it and some don't.

Psychoblues

Sitarro
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
That's no real feat, DannyR. Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time as an AC130 was about to stroke you?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?

They don't fly off in a hurry but they can shock the shit out of you if you're not expecting them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I have. I've had them fly over my head at about 30 feet with their number two engine shutdown and the prop feathered. He barely made it to the runway. That wasn't that unusual on the 13th green at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino, it was usually a C-141 though. There was a strobe light in the frog hair right off the green and it was about 350 yards to the end of the runway.

Psychoblues
03-10-2009, 12:11 AM
And I have known you to to lie about other things as well, zero.

I have. I've had them fly over my head at about 30 feet with their number two engine shutdown and the prop feathered. He barely made it to the runway. That wasn't that unusual on the 13th green at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino, it was usually a C-141 though. There was a strobe light in the frog hair right off the green and it was about 350 yards to the end of the runway.

Are the niggers still upsetting you?!?!?!?!??!???!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!

Psychoblues

Sitarro
03-10-2009, 12:20 AM

Psychoblues

I sure put a lot of detail into a lie don't you think? Why would I bother to lie on a message board?

Psychoblues
03-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't normally associate lies with message boards but in your case I must make an exception.

I sure put a lot of detail into a lie don't you think? Why would I bother to lie on a message board?

Would you care to extrapolate your feelings?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

MtnBiker
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
12. l

Psychoblues
03-22-2009, 08:31 PM
12. l

Mtnbiker, you forgot to send me the Captain Blueberry decoder ring that you promised!!!!!!!!!!

The GOP,,,the party of fear and loathing,,,sad,,,,

:cheers2: :beer: :cheers2:

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 01:54 AM
sour :coffee:

Sweet!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Don't kid yourself, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!!

sour :coffee:

You never got a good taste to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 02:30 AM
well the niggers still piss me off :coffee:

kidding

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 03:11 AM
You have brought tears to my eyes, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!

well the niggers still piss me off :coffee:

kidding

I have cried for you before but I have not cried so openly for you as I do on this occasion.

I don't know how to express my sadness.

:salute:

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 03:13 AM
im confused, your kidding right

i was kidding :(_-------

You have brought tears to my eyes, marteen!!!!!!!!!!!

I have cried for you before but I have not cried so openly for you as I do on this occasion.

I don't know how to express my sadness.

:salute:

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 04:12 AM
I am not kidding, marteen.

im confused, your kidding right

i was kidding :(_-------

I never knew you held so much hatred. Can we deal with this?

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 04:20 AM
yeah, but i was completely kidding

you yourself used the word first.

i dont hate anyone

I am not kidding, marteen.

I never knew you held so much hatred. Can we deal with this?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 04:49 AM
I just can't get over it right now, marteen.

yeah, but i was completely kidding

you yourself used the word first.

i dont hate anyone

I love you, brother, you know that!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 05:41 AM
I love you too man, ill try and be more thoughtful in what i say

I just can't get over it right now, marteen.

I love you, brother, you know that!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues