PDA

View Full Version : W's Massive Delusions

Psychoblues
12-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I thought of most of you when I read this!!!!!!!!! I hope you all find it as entertaining as I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W's Massive Delusions

By Terrance Heath

In a previous post we explored the spectacle of George W. Bush bungling through an attempt at an expression of remorse — this time over the state of the economy — as only he can. It's what you'd expect from a guy who believed he was on a mission from God, and has watched it go horribly wrong.

He still has to "Keep the faith," and convince himself that all is pretty much as it should be, close enough, or well on its way there.

But the rest of us don't.

So, in one of the many interviews we'll be treated to as we (and W.) wait out the clock, the president's thoughts (such as they are) turn to national security the war in Iraq.

In one interview with Charlie Gibson, in which Bush said he wanted to be remembered as a president who "helped achieve peace," he also said he regrets the WMD intelligence "had been better." (This, from a man who was "very pleased" with the Iraq war outcome just before Thanksgiving.)

"A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "It wasn't just people in my administration. A lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington, D.C., during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world were all looking at the same intelligence.""I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess," Bush said.

When pressed by Gibson, Bush declined to "speculate" on whether he would still have gone to war if he knew Saddam didn't have weapons of mass destruction.

"That is a do-over that I can't do," Bush said.............................................. .............................

Much More: http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2008125008/ws-massive-delusions

Give it a good read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some laugh out loud and some cry?!?!??!??!?!?!?!??!?!? It's a great piece of 2008 culture and shocking, nonetheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues