PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi and Her Taxpayer Airplane

red states rule
12-09-2008, 08:48 AM
San Fran Nan was upset over the CEO's of the Big Three came to DC in their private jets

and how does Ms Pelosi travel?

and how big is her carbon footprint?

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/c_32.jpg

Pelosi’s “Bigger” Plane Vs. The Big Three CEO’s Private Jets - With Video

So, you know how you read or hear or see something one day, and then a day or two later you actually make a connection that you didn’t actually make at the exact moment of the initial exposure? You sleep on it, and things line-up on the tarmac in your mind?

I am not really bothered by the Big Three CEOs using their private/corporate jets. It’s basically part of the industry.

Yeah, we can pick it apart on principle and such, but come on … Three of the biggest industries in this country, and in the world, are going to have their own means of transportation. The whole, “Bail us out” aside … It’s just a fact. It’s part of the expenditures a big corporation decides and does with its profits. I have a business guy lives not far from me that doesn’t want to deal with traffic on the road, so built a landing pad at his house and at his business, learned to fly, and bought a chopper he flies over my house atleast twice a day, five days a week …

What bothers me is the same Congress that felt the need to provide us, via the vulture MSM, a tasty sound bite thrashing these CEOs for using their jets and not commercial flights on their trek(s) to DC with their hands out … Had little beyond NOTHING to say when their new “Speaker” Pelosi demanded and received a bigger plane … on OUR tax dollars … for herself … and her family??? And even argued for her …

Bailout …

Raise your taxes to pay for their pet projects …

http://patdollard.com/2008/11/i-slept-on-the-pelosi-bigger-plane-with-video/

Yurt
12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
it is no longer a surprise how hypocritical the libs are, but do keep spreading the word about their blatent hypocrisy that is pretty much down right dishonest

Des
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll admit, when Pelosi first became the speaker...I was excited. I didn't really know who she was, and I thought she seemed very outspoken and ballsy.

Once I saw her in action, I changed my views completely. I know the reasons I don't like her politics are probably b.s. reasons to many of the people here, but I just don't. And this is one of them.

Sitarro
12-10-2008, 03:47 AM
I was underneath one of those 757s last night, you have no idea how really big they are until you are at ground level. The arrogance it must take to feel you need something like that is amazing to me. At 1200 gallons an hour she is burning 4800 gallons each way to San Francisco and back to Washington. The maintenance on it is astronomical, the tires, the crew, it probably cost the taxpayers a minimum of 8 grand an hour........ I hate her.

This is the Gulfstream she could be flying on with room for 18 and a range of over 5,000 miles but this just isn't good enough for her.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 05:49 AM
I guess Nancy does not want to travel with the "smelly" people :laugh2:

This is another classic example of the double standards most liberals live by

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 07:25 AM
What bothers me is the same Congress that felt the need to provide us, via the vulture MSM, a tasty sound bite thrashing these CEOs for using their jets and not commercial flights on their trek(s) to DC with their hands out … Had little beyond NOTHING to say when their new “Speaker” Pelosi demanded and received a bigger plane … on OUR tax dollars … for herself … and her family??? And even argued for her …

As always, you're wrong:

WASHINGTON - The Air Force transport plane decried by Republicans as an extravagance for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was requested by the House sergeant-at-arms as a matter of security, he said Thursday.

“I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue,” Bill Livingood said in a news release. He said because Pelosi lives in California he was compelled “to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable. This will ensure communications capabilities and also enhance security.”

The White House on Thursday defended Pelosi.

“This is a silly story, and I think it’s been unfair to the speaker,” White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

Pelosi speculated to reporters that Department of Defense officials were distorting the story as retribution for her stance against the war and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

House sergeant-at-arms ordered Pelosi plane (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17035721/)

red states rule
12-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Joe, the point is while San Fran Nan tells others they can't use a private jet - SHE DOES

THE PELOSI TRAVEL PROBLEM - SOLVED!

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/122586.gif

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Joe, the point is while San Fran Nan tells others they can't use a private jet - SHE DOES

In her constitutional capacity as successor to the Presidency, she is obligated to protect her own life. The heads of the auto manufacturers have no such obligation to the American People and, thus, their extravagance is an insult to the American People's good will.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 07:38 AM
In her constitutional capacity as successor to the Presidency, she is obligated to protect her own life. The heads of the auto manufacturers have no such obligation to the American People and, thus, their extravagance is an insult to the American People's good will.

How do the rest of the senators get back and forth from their home states to DC? Does Hawaii senators have their own public jets?

San Fran Nan's extravagance is an insult to the hardworking US taxpayers

Robert Byrd is 4th in line - he does not have a private jet

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 07:53 AM
How do the rest of the senators get back and forth from their home states to DC? Does Hawaii senators have their own public jets?

San Fran Nan's extravagance is an insult to the hardworking US taxpayers

Robert Byrd is 4th in line - he does not have a private jet

As you know, Pelosi is not a Senator. Discussing the practices of "other senators" is irrelevant. Secondly, Pelosi is serving the American People when she protects the line of succession.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
As you know, Pelosi is not a Senator. Discussing the practices of "other senators" is irrelevant. Secondly, Pelosi is serving the American People when she protects the line of succession.

I was pointing out Sen KKK Byrd is 4th in line of succesion and does not have a jet

Is it to much for a liberal to travel on a commercial jet like the rest of us? Or does her ego demand a private jet?

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I was pointing out Sen KKK Byrd is 4th in line of succesion and does not have a jet

Is it to much for a liberal to travel on a commercial jet like the rest of us? Or does her ego demand a private jet?

This is a security issue. She doesn't travel on commercial aircraft just as the President and Vice President don't travel on commercial aircraft.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 08:09 AM
This is a security issue. She doesn't travel on commercial aircraft just as the President and Vice President don't travel on commercial aircraft.

No, it is an ego issue. San Fran Nan does not have a problem using a private jet - she is not paying for it

Using your logic, all 535 members of Congress should have their own jets

BTW, the only way she would become President if something would happen to both the Presicent and VP. Your lame argument of succession does not make sense

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 08:38 AM
No, it is an ego issue. San Fran Nan does not have a problem using a private jet - she is not paying for it

Using your logic, all 535 members of Congress should have their own jets

BTW, the only way she would become President if something would happen to both the Presicent and VP. Your lame argument of succession does not make sense

It's not my argument. It's the accepted practice of the United States of America.

What do you have against the USA?

red states rule
12-10-2008, 08:42 AM
It's not my argument. It's the accepted practice of the United States of America.

What do you have against the USA?

In post # 8 you defended her private jet with the succession defense

You are beaten once again Joey

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
In post # 8 you defended her private jet with the succession defense

You are beaten once again Joey

Your posting makes even less sense than usual. Try again.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Your posting makes even less sense than usual. Try again.

OK, You are beaten, you know it, and can't defend your own post

Bottom line Joey, another Dem caught pissing thriugh our tax dollars, while smearing private citizens for doing the same thing she does

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 09:03 AM
OK, You are beaten, you know it, and can't defend your own post

Bottom line Joey, another Dem caught pissing thriugh our tax dollars, while smearing private citizens for doing the same thing she does

You're babbling...and quite desperately, at that, trying to cover-up your ignorance.

Apparently, you didn't know the Speaker of the House was second in the line of succession.

Consider this a lesson for you, then.

Noir
12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Gawd, rsr, it's pretty clear that this is a privilage she has, if the reps got the house and there was a rep leader of the house he/she would be using the jet.

red states rule
12-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Gawd, rsr, it's pretty clear that this is a privilage she has, if the reps got the house and there was a rep leader of the house he/she would be using the jet.

That is not the point Noir - and never was. Pelosi rants against the heads of the Big Three for coming to DC in private jets - while she is doing the same damn thing

gabosaurus
12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Do you think Pelosi spends taxpayer money to shop at Victoria's Secret like Palin did? Though I am sure Palin gave her lingerie to charity after the campaign. I saw a pic of RSR looking through it at Goodwill. :p

Nukeman
12-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Do you think Pelosi spends taxpayer money to shop at Victoria's Secret like Palin did? Though I am sure Palin gave her lingerie to charity after the campaign. I saw a pic of RSR looking through it at Goodwill. :p
Are you rally this stupid!!! She didn't spend TAX PAYER money just like obama didn't spend tax payer money on his wifes $30,000 ring he bought her after he won the election.... get a life!!!!!!!!

Yurt
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
so let me get this right, just because you are 2nd in line you get a big jet because you have an obligation to protect your life, but this stops at #2, #3, #4, which would be condi now, does not get such perks and has no obligation to protect their life?

why the need for such a LARGE jet?

Sitarro
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
so let me get this right, just because you are 2nd in line you get a big jet because you have an obligation to protect your life, but this stops at #2, #3, #4, which would be condi now, does not get such perks and has no obligation to protect their life?

why the need for such a LARGE jet?

Her argument was that the G4 that Hastert used didn't have the range to fly nonstop to California in some weather conditions. A G5 does but she just skipped over that one and went to the second largest aircraft in the fleet. If she wasn't such a hypocritical high maintenance bitch, I wouldn't care, but this is the same asshole that thinks we should be traveling on buses or miniature cars that get 40 miles to the gallon......... a Mini Cooper could drive for over 4 years on one hour of her fuel to go to parties in San Francisco. She will also be willing to tax our fuel up to at least a couple of dollars a gallon to keep us from burning too much.

Yurt
12-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Her argument was that the G4 that Hastert used didn't have the range to fly nonstop to California in some weather conditions. A G5 does but she just skipped over that one and went to the second largest aircraft in the fleet. If she wasn't such a hypocritical high maintenance bitch, I wouldn't care, but this is the same asshole that thinks we should be traveling on buses or miniature cars that get 40 miles to the gallon......... a Mini Cooper could drive for over 4 years on one hour of her fuel to go to parties in San Francisco. She will also be willing to tax our fuel up to at least a couple of dollars a gallon to keep us from burning too much.

so another democrat lied?

i agree about the hypocrital environmental part, it is like gore and his huge carbon footprint, do as i say, not as a do and please oh please don't forget to send us money to combat this, uh, stuff and stuff

jimnyc
12-11-2008, 11:05 AM

Just making a point...

The 3 big auto maker CEO's were lambasted last week for using jets to come to Washington to beg for a bailout. This is a privilege afforded to them from who they work for and their capacity in the company. But we were supposed to believe that they should be doing everything in their power to conserve both energy consumption and money. They drove to the second session of Congress this week after the fallout of flying last week.

Now a perk afforded to the speaker is there for the taking. Does anyone really have anything offer than her security in mind? I would love to see an argument as to why she couldn't be secured appropriately in a smaller jet. Probably save millions per year and she would be just as secure. She can have security detail with her and land at the same places. She CHOOSES to use taxpayer money to use a much more larger and comfortable jet. It's NOT a necessity needed for any purpose in her capacity as speaker.

Sitarro
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Just making a point...

The 3 big auto maker CEO's were lambasted last week for using jets to come to Washington to beg for a bailout. This is a privilege afforded to them from who they work for and their capacity in the company. But we were supposed to believe that they should be doing everything in their power to conserve both energy consumption and money. They drove to the second session of Congress this week after the fallout of flying last week.

Now a perk afforded to the speaker is there for the taking. Does anyone really have anything offer than her security in mind? I would love to see an argument as to why she couldn't be secured appropriately in a smaller jet. Probably save millions per year and she would be just as secure. She can have security detail with her and land at the same places. She CHOOSES to use taxpayer money to use a much more larger and comfortable jet. It's NOT a necessity needed for any purpose in her capacity as speaker.

Even if she was using the 50 million dollar G-4 that Hastert used and she did need to stop for fuel because of weather, she would have numerous Air Force bases along the way to land and take on fuel in the fastest and most secure way possible.......... she has nothing but ego as an excuse.