PDA

View Full Version : Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer A Religous Song?

red states rule
12-10-2008, 05:42 AM
So because ONE parent is "offended" a NC School pulled the song.

But people fought back, and Rudolph is saved

NC School Board Saves Rudolph

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was almost grounded at Murrayville Elementary School this week after a parent complained about the classic Christmas song’s inclusion in her daughter’s upcoming kindergarten concert.

The objecting parent was upset about the words “Christmas” and “Santa” in the song, feeling that they carried religious overtones.

That prompted the song to be pulled from the upcoming holiday concert, which in turn upset more parents.

But Rudolph will be shining bright next Tuesday after New Hanover County school administrators and lawyers determined the song was just, well, a secular song about a make-believe reindeer.

“They’ve determined that it signifies just a day in time, Dec. 25, not the promotion of a religious symbol,” said Ed Higgins, chairman of the county Board of Education. “So Rudolph is back in.”

http://defendchristmas.com/2008/12/08/nc-school-board-saves-rudolph/

Des
12-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Please don't think that every single democrat, liberal, non-religious person is like this, k? Because, if you look at my avatar, you might guess my family LOVES Christmas. It's an American holiday, all songs included, and they might not mean the same thing to everyone...but they belong to all of us.

Abbey Marie
12-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Please don't think that every single democrat, liberal, non-religious person is like this, k? Because, if you look at my avatar, you might guess my family LOVES Christmas. It's an American holiday, all songs included, and they might not mean the same thing to everyone...but they belong to all of us.

Is that your child, Des? Adorable!

ETA: I know that the anti-Christmas kooks are a small vocal minority. But thanks to our courts, their influence is growing.

Des
12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Is that your child, Des? Adorable!

Thanks, he's my littlest...we are a little obsessed with Christmas here ;)

PostmodernProphet
12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer A Religous Song?

sure, it's just that the religion isn't Christianity.....it's part of that other "Christmas" religion......secular materialism....

red states rule
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM

Very adorable child Des. You have every reason to be proud

In most cases, those attacking the Chrsitmas season ARE secular lefties

No1tovote4
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow, I bet they had to make a committee, pay them overtime and everything to come up with this. It was probably comprised of the same people who made up the "zero tolerance" policy that made them expel a straight "A" student who accidentally grabbed his mom's lunch and it had a paring knife in it.

Did it really have to come to some official capacity other than just looking at it and noticing the song doesn't mention any religious figure and talks about flying reindeer that talk?

darin
12-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Santa is a religious figure. People Pray to him (Write lists of requests), People expect his return. They give tribute (cookies and beer-erp...cookies) to him. They attribute morality to him (HE decides who is naughty) in an effort to change the behaviour of those who believe in him (if one is 'good' one gets free stuff), He's omni-present or otherwise all-seeing/knowing...

:)

Abbey Marie
12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
http://jesus1st.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/santa-scam1.jpg

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 12:01 PM

In fact, the trappings of Christmas Americans love so much are more German than American. The Christmas tree and the drunken excesses of the holiday season are the traditions of German pagans.

Abbey Marie
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
In fact, the trappings of Christmas Americans love so much are more German than American. The Christmas tree and the drunken excesses of the holiday season are the traditions of German pagans.

Hey Joe, come join me this Christmas Eve at our church. We'll have a candlelight service, some beautiful Christmas carols specifically about Jesus' birth, and a meaningful sermon. You might just leave with your soul and spirit refreshed. And I promise, not a drunken German pagan in sight.

Joe Steel
12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey Joe, come join me this Christmas Eve at our church. We'll have a candlelight service, some beautiful Christmas carols specifically about Jesus' birth, and a meaningful sermon. You might just leave with your soul and spirit refreshed. And I promise, not a drunken German pagan in sight.

Thanks for the invitation but I have my own Holiday traditions.

And I wish you a Merry Christmas.

12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
And what religion worships Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer?

Des
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM

Which is why the holiday called Christmas of blended traditions belongs to all of us :)

Hobbit
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was an invention of Montgomery Ward as a giveaway to children around Christmas. (http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/rudolph.asp) Nothing religious about it.

PostmodernProphet
12-11-2008, 07:11 AM

I think you should copyright his picture......you could sell it to an advertising agency for enough to put him through college....

Immanuel
12-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Too late. I've known for year's that every single liberal Democrat person is non-religious and hates the idea of Christmas. :laugh2: j/k Nothing like lumping y'all into one big basket now is there?

The picture of your little one in your Avatar is adorable. I wish mine were that little once again.

Merry Christmas to all!

Immie