PDA

View Full Version : The only way to answer

Noir
12-10-2008, 11:26 AM
A friend of mine has been wanting to leave collage for quite a while now, to go to art school. However, any attempts to talk about it with her parents result in shouting matches. So she decided to leave collage at the end of this term, and send her mum the following e-mail to explain.

Dear, Mom.
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and you.
I've been finding real passion with David, and he is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of him because of all his piercings, tattoos, his tight Motorcycle clothes, and because he is so much older than I am. Loving the grey beard...
But it's not only the passion, Mom.
I'm pregnant.
David said that we will be very happy.
He owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.
We share a dream of having many more children. David has opened my eyes to the fact that Drugs doen't really hurt anyone.
We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune...
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so David can get better.
He sure deserves it!!
Don't worry Mom, I'm 18, and I know how to take care of myself.
Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grand children.
Love, your daughter, Amy.

P.S. Mom, none of the above is true. I'm just switching from college to art school, so see it could be worse...love ya lots, i knew you'd understand.