PDA

View Full Version : Obama to take the oath of office using his middle name

stephanie
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
oh boy..does this mean we get to say his middle name again..it's not RACIST after all..what a joke..:laugh2:

Elana Schor in Washington
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday December 10 2008 16.36 GMT
Article history

Barack Obama makes a statement to reporters in Chicago on Tuesday. Obama will use his middle name, Hussein, when he takes the oath of office. Photograph: Rex Features

Barack Obama today confirmed that he will take the presidential oath of office using his middle name, Hussein, a choice depicted as routine but likely to be viewed as an olive branch by majority-Muslim nations.

Obama's oath-taking plan comes after a campaign season that saw his full name used in a pejorative capacity by several allies of his rival, John McCain. The president-elect described taking the oath with his full name as a run-of-the-mill decision not intended to be significant.

"I think the tradition is that they use all three names" to swear in new presidents, Obama told the Los Angeles Times, "and I will follow the tradition, not trying to make a statement one way or the other. I'll do what everybody else does."

Yet several recent American presidents, including Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter, omitted their middle name when taking the oath.

read the rest..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/dec/10/barack-hussein-middle-name-oath

theHawk
12-12-2008, 12:44 AM
but likely to be viewed as an olive branch by majority-Muslim nations.

So he is really only doing it to let the muzzies know he's one of them.

Psychoblues
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Maybe he's only doing it because it is normal presidential oath protocol much the same as it was when George Walker Bush, and William Jefferson Clinton and George Herbert Walker Bush, well, you get the picture, did.

So he is really only doing it to let the muzzies know he's one of them.

Or, maybe he's just wanting to rub your nose in it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! I don't think so. Read the quote at the bottom of my post here and you might better understand the position of Barack Hussein Obama, Junior.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

12-12-2008, 02:48 AM
He's going to use his middle name.... whoopdee doo dah.

Psychoblues
12-12-2008, 02:54 AM
It's apparently enough to get some so stirred up and upset that they would post a brand new complete thread topic on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's going to use his middle name.... whoopdee doo dah.

Ignorance prevails!!!!!!!!!!! whoopdee doo dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
It's apparently enough to get some so stirred up and upset that they would post a brand new complete thread topic on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

You're example outshines everyone else.

stephanie
12-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Psychoblues

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/213lnkk.gif

red states rule
12-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe he's only doing it because it is normal presidential oath protocol much the same as it was when George Walker Bush, and William Jefferson Clinton and George Herbert Walker Bush, well, you get the picture, did.

Or, maybe he's just wanting to rub your nose in it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! I don't think so. Read the quote at the bottom of my post here and you might better understand the position of Barack Hussein Obama, Junior.

Psychoblues

They why did liberals and the liberal media smear and attack anyone who used Obama's middle name?

Immanuel
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
The announcement I am really waiting for is the one about whether he will take the oath of office using a Bible or a Quran. Anyone know what the odds in Vegas are as to whether or not he uses a Quran? :laugh2:

Immie