PDA

View Full Version : Romney Finds perils

03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_el_pr/romney_checklist

I think one of the things I like about Romney is he is willing to learn and develop in areas he isn't strong in. Got to admire that in anyone.

gabosaurus
03-25-2007, 11:17 PM
That and the fact that many Christians consider the Mormons a cult.

03-26-2007, 08:08 AM
That and the fact that many Christians consider the Mormons a cult.

What exactly does that have to do with Romney's willingness to learn and get any experience he needs?

Or do you even have a point other than flaming?

gabosaurus
03-27-2007, 11:37 AM
My point is that the majority of the religious right that normally vote Republican will never vote for a Mormon.

03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
My point is that the majority of the religious right that normally vote Republican will never vote for a Mormon.

I don't believe that. But I do think the left wants everyone to think that. I think The so called religious right is a rational group of individuals. I have no doubt he may have to convince a few, but I really dont think they will choose someone who they dont share values with simply because Romney is mormon.

Abbey Marie
03-27-2007, 07:01 PM

I think that is wishful thinking on your part. No one I know feels that way. If he represents our values, he's electable.

03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
I think that is wishful thinking on your part. No one I know feels that way. If he represents our values, he's electable.

That's what I've seen too. I mean He has met with Pat Robertson and spoken at some conservative Christian schools about politics. If the religious right had such a problem with Romney, I doubt he would be invited to these events.

Gaffer
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
If he gets the nod in the primaries the religous right will back him. The same things were said about JFK because he was catholic.