PDA

View Full Version : Emanuel spoke with Blago “on multiple occasions” about Senate seat

red states rule
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, there goes Obama's line about not speaking with Gov Blago about his replacement to the US Senate

Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat

Last Edited: Thursday, 11 Dec 2008, 9:21 PM CST
Created: Thursday, 11 Dec 2008, 9:21 PM CST

Conversations with Governor?
Chicago -- The firestorm surrounding Governor Blagojevich is putting some heat on Barack Obama’s transition team. Fox Chicago News has learned about possible conversations between a top Obama aide and the governor regarding the open senate seat. Craig Wall has the exclusive.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=8054792&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

stephanie
12-12-2008, 01:35 PM
the little Marxist is DIRTY right from the get go..

aren't we all LUCKY...this is our new DEAR LEADER...:dance:

red states rule
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
the little Marxist is DIRTY right from the get go..

aren't we all LUCKY...this is our new DEAR LEADER...:dance:

I guess the change is Chicago style gutter politics is has been taken to a national level

I knew Obama was dirty and the mud would fly - but I thought it would happen AFTER he took office

Binky
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I guess the change is Chicago style gutter politics is has been taken to a national level

I knew Obama was dirty and the mud would fly - but I thought it would happen AFTER he took office

Question is : what other shit is going to come flying?

red states rule
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Question is : what other shit is going to come flying?

Get use to it

This is the change Obama promised to bring to the US and the world

stephanie
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
it seems no matter what shit he throws at us..his cult members will follow behind him and eat it up...

the lamestream media is spinning so fast on this, it's making their head spin around..

our country is SCREWED

Immanuel
12-12-2008, 01:57 PM
1) I have not spoken with Gov. Blogojevich once let alone "on multiple occassions". I deny any accusations of such conduct.

2) Please learn to spell my name right. ;)

3) Haven't y'all figured out that politics is a dirty game filled with dirty players by now?

Immie

stephanie
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
oh how they want to make this disappear..:laugh2:

Bored By Blago, Barnicle Wants To 'Move On'
<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydprnz2GaG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydprnz2GaG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

story at...
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/12/12/barnicle-bored-blago

red states rule
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
it seems no matter what shit he throws at us..his cult members will follow behind him and eat it up...

the lamestream media is spinning so fast on this, it's making their head spin around..

our country is SCREWED

I know. I suspect they will play the race card and vast right wing conpiracy talking point

I wonder where MFM (I.e retired man and moderate democrat) is? I damn near miss his comical defenses of the indefensible

red states rule
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
oh how they want to make this disapper..:laugh2:

Bored by blago, barnicle wants to 'move on'
<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydprnz2gag" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydprnz2gag" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

story at...
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/12/12/barnicle-bored-blago

iow, stop reporting the damn news!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
iow, stop reporting the damn news!!!!!!!!!

Fox claimed copywrite violations on this, I can't find it on their website either, if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

red states rule
12-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Fox claimed copywrite violations on this, I can't find it on their website either, if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

Fox News did have the video removed

Now I see where the victim card is being played

Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal
Obama's Chief of Staff Refuses to Go to Work Because of Media Stakeout
By MATTHEW JAFFE
December 12, 2008

The President-elect's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said today he won't go to the Chicago Presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters seeking to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election.

Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emmanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.

A spokesman for Emanuel says he later showed up at the office, apparently able to sneak out of the house without being seen by reporters waiting to ask him questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ConductUnbecoming/story?id=6449745&page=1

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Fox News did have the video removed

Now I see where the victim card is being played

Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal
Obama's Chief of Staff Refuses to Go to Work Because of Media Stakeout
By MATTHEW JAFFE
December 12, 2008

The President-elect's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, said today he won't go to the Chicago Presidential transition offices in order to avoid reporters seeking to ask him whether he had contact with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich about the Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama's election.

Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emmanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.

A spokesman for Emanuel says he later showed up at the office, apparently able to sneak out of the house without being seen by reporters waiting to ask him questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ConductUnbecoming/story?id=6449745&page=1

I was laughing when I heard this coming home from staff Christmas party. Why is it that any time Democrats have a problem they claim they are getting regular death threats?

red states rule
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I was laughing when I heard this coming home from staff Christmas party. Why is it that any time Democrats have a problem they claim they are getting regular death threats?

I do not recall Ken Starr, Linda Tripp, or others whi have been savaged by Dems and the liberal media to whine openly about how they are being "mistreated"

It must be offical now

Asking questions about who, what, when, where, why, and how toward PE Obama, and any member of his staff is attacking and putting their lives in danger :lol:

stephanie
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
poor poor pitiful Rahm...can dish it out, but can't take it.

at least he's not getting dead fish delivered to him..:coffee:

red states rule
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
poor poor pitiful Rahm...can dish it out, but can't take it.

at least he's not getting dead fish delivered to him..:coffee:

You mean yet

We are talking about Chicago Steph. If the heat gets to bad, Rahm may either get an offer he can't refuse or sleep with the fishes

5stringJeff
12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
If the allegations are true, Emmanuel should certainly not take the chief of staff post.

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:15 PM
If the allegations are true, Emmanuel should certainly not take the chief of staff post.

If they are NOT true; why is he running away, and acting like he is scared to death?

He is imploding right now

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/145470.jpg

5stringJeff
12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
If they are NOT true; why is he running away, and acting like he is scared to death?

He is imploding right now

I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm saying that if he is found guilty, he should not be appointed as White House Chief of Staff.

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm saying that if he is found guilty, he should not be appointed as White House Chief of Staff.

Did not say you were saying he was innocent Jeff. Sorry if I did not make that clear

Based on what I have seen, and his actions - it looks like Rahm is worried about something

I agree with you, if he knew what was going on and did NOT report it - he has to go

But since he is from Chicago, and if he did nothing - it would be a resume enhancement

darin
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
problem is this:

Obama should have just fessed up from the start.

"Of COURSE I'd spoken w/ the Gov about the position - the talks were about candidates - NOT about how that sorry piece of crap was gonna take BRIBES"

etc...

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:50 PM
problem is this:

"Of COURSE I'd spoken w/ the Gov about the position - the talks were about candidates - NOT about how that sorry piece of crap was gonna take BRIBES"

etc...

Rahm is a stain on Obama's blue dress

Yurt
12-12-2008, 05:59 PM
"The buck will stop with me,"
--obama

red states rule
12-12-2008, 06:08 PM
"The buck will stop with me,"
--obama

You mean the buck never got to me so I never saw it

12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
problem is this:

etc...

Thats what I think too. Just be honest with the people. Obama is denying he had any contact with the Gov. Which of course completely contradicts what his campaign was saying prior to the scandal breaking.

You know, if he was just honest with us, I dont think Id have a problem with this. its this spin and tiptoeing around the issue.

stephanie
12-12-2008, 09:12 PM
he's denying the meeting, because he might be involved where he can be charged along with Blago..

to be seen yet.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 10:00 PM
he's denying the meeting, because he might be involved where he can be charged along with Blago..

to be seen yet.
I'm lost. What meeting?

stephanie
12-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm lost. What meeting?

Ok..I should of said " contact" with the Gov..from what is coming out he isn't telling the truth..

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok..I should of said " contact" with the Gov..from what is coming out he isn't telling the truth..

Who? Emanuel, Blago?

stephanie
12-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Who? Emanuel, Blago?

all of them.

red states rule
12-12-2008, 11:59 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/political-pictures-blagojevich-politics.jpg

red states rule
12-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Who? Emanuel, Blago?

Hey Kathy - perhaps Rev MFM (or Rev Moderate Democrat or Rev Retired man - or whatever name he is currently posting under) can give a sermon to his flock asking them to pray for Obama, Emanuel, and Blago - and save them from the vast right wing conspiracy. :laugh2:

Kathianne
12-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Well this morning the Trib has an article up that really leaves me bewildered at the wall Obama & co. have put up. Doesn't make sense if this story is correct:

Rahm Emanuel talked with governor's office about who should fill Obama's Senate seat

Chief of staff for Obama had list of names

Tribune staff report

December 13, 2008

By Bob Secter

Rahm Emanuel, President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be White House chief of staff, had conversations with Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration about who would replace Obama in the U.S. Senate, the Tribune has learned.

The revelation does not suggest Obama's new gatekeeper was involved in any talk of dealmaking involving the seat. But it does help fill in the gaps surrounding a question that Obama was unable or unwilling to answer this week: Did anyone on his staff have contact with Blagojevich about his choice for the Senate seat?

Emanuel, who has long been close to both Blagojevich and Obama, has refused to respond to questions about any involvement he may have had with the Blagojevich camp over the Senate pick. A spokeswoman for Emanuel also declined to comment Friday.

One source confirmed that communications between Emanuel and the Blagojevich administration were captured on court-approved wiretaps.

Another source said that contact between the Obama camp and the governor's administration regarding the Senate seat began the Saturday before the Nov. 4 election, when Emanuel made a call to the cell phone of Harris. The conversation took place around the same time press reports surfaced about Emanuel being approached about taking the high-level White House post should Obama win.

Emanuel delivered a list of candidates who would be "acceptable" to Obama, the source said. On the list were Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Illinois Veterans Affairs director Tammy Duckworth, state Comptroller Dan Hynes and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Chicago, the source said. All are Democrats.

Sometime after the election, Emanuel called Harris back to add the name of Democratic Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan to the approved list, the source said....

red states rule
12-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Well this morning the Trib has an article up that really leaves me bewildered at the wall Obama & co. have put up. Doesn't make sense if this story is correct:

I suspect Obaba is warming up the bus right now, and will use Rahm Emanuel as a speed bump

red states rule
12-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Looks like Obama is following the the footsteps of another community organizer

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CSUPQ7EpU_4/SMPheWYPRUI/AAAAAAAAbRg/z1FyKb9a2j8/s1600/capone.jpg

emmett
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Illonois politics are a screwed up clusterfuck of illegal, immoral and nasty activity. This is obvious! Barack Obama is a direct product of this system. This is obvious!

Bill Ayers was a guy in the neighborhood!

I have never talked to the governor!

I have never had a conversation about who would replace me in the Senate seat.

red states rule
12-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Illonois politics are a screwed up clusterfuck of illegal, immoral and nasty activity. This is obvious! Barack Obama is a direct product of this system. This is obvious!

Bill Ayers was a guy in the neighborhood!

I have never talked to the governor!

I have never had a conversation about who would replace me in the Senate seat.

I guess being a liberal means you have alot of friends, but you never talk to them and do not have any idea what their political beliefs are :laugh2: