PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Granholm: voting against Auto bailout is "Un-American"

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I wonder if she'll get the same treatment from the libral media that Bachmann and Palin received.

Seems to me, the liberalism Granholm and the State government imposed and governed by bankrupted her state - and that is Un-American

Mich. Gov.: Vote Against Auto Bailout "Un-American"
@ 11:18 am by Michael O'Brien
Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D) said it was "un-American" for senators to have voted against approving a bailout of troubled automakers last night, saying their vote may cause a recession to become a depression.

"It is unacceptable for this un-American, frankly, behavior of these U.S. senators to cause this country to go from a recession into a depression," Granholm said during a radio interview Friday morning.

Negotiations over an agreement to assist Michigan's Big Three stalled last night in a 52-35 vote on a procedural motion to bring up the package for a vote. Republicans largely opposed the bill after it failed to win concessions from the United Automotive Workers union on wages and benefits.

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/12/12/mich-gov-un-american-to-vote-against-auto-bailout/

5stringJeff
12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
It's not my fault the Detroit Three aren't competitive.

red states rule
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
If I don't want to pay taxes or pay more for the bail out.. I am Un-American?

This must be the new thing for the Dem's to say now if your are against high taxes or putting your money up for others to use.

Yurt
12-12-2008, 06:01 PM
wasn't it the dems who were complaining about some folks calling them unamerican for certain issues....

red states rule
12-12-2008, 06:05 PM
wasn't it the dems who were complaining about some folks calling them unamerican for certain issues....

Well obviously it's Un-American to vote against seizing the private property of US citizens for the express purpose of giving it to other citizens, what could be more Un-American then that?

What's 'unAmerican' is the auto industry and the unions that have created this mess and then expects working class Americans to bail them out.

12-12-2008, 09:01 PM
No, Asking for a bailout is unamerican. Get off your ass and work.

red states rule
12-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Many sectors of the economy has issues. Should we bail out everyone?

Joe Steel
12-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Mich. Gov.: Vote Against Auto Bailout "Un-American"
@ 11:18 am by Michael O'Brien

Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D) said it was "un-American" for senators to have voted against approving a bailout of troubled automakers last night, saying their vote may cause a recession to become a depression.

She's right. The stooges who voted against the American auto industry are un-american. They placed the interests of foreigners above those of American workers.

red states rule
12-13-2008, 07:11 AM
She's right. The stooges who voted against the American auto industry are un-american. They placed the interests of foreigners above those of American workers.

If I remember correctly. eight Democrat Senators either voted "Nay" or did not vote, and that caused the bills failure

Using your "logic" the US taxpayer should also bailout 70 year old hookers, since it's not their fault no one wants to buy their products anymore

5stringJeff
12-13-2008, 09:25 AM

Since the two cars in my driveway are a Kia and a Toyota, I'm assuming you think I'm unpatriotic as well? Must every "true" American buy an overpriced car in order to support inflated union wages?

red states rule
12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Since the two cars in my driveway are a Kia and a Toyota, I'm assuming you think I'm unpatriotic as well? Must every "true" American buy an overpriced car in order to support inflated union wages?

I have a Toyota Echo that was made in KY

Gets 41 mog, has over 150,000 miles on it - and still runs great. First car not made by any of the Big Three and it is the best car I ever owned

Joe Steel
12-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Since the two cars in my driveway are a Kia and a Toyota, I'm assuming you think I'm unpatriotic as well?

Unless you have a good explanation, yes.

Must every "true" American buy an overpriced car in order to support inflated union wages?

Price has nothing to do with the characterization. When you stab your countrymen in the back, you're unamerican.

red states rule
12-13-2008, 09:37 AM

Price has nothing to do with the characterization. When you stab your countrymen in the back, you're unamerican.

As I posted before Joe

If I remember correctly. eight Democrat Senators either voted "Nay" or did not vote, and that caused the bills failure

Using your "logic" the US taxpayer should also bailout 70 year old hookers, since it's not their fault no one wants to buy their products anymore

5stringJeff
12-13-2008, 09:42 AM

The two cars were cheaper and more efficient than anything I could have bought from a Detroit company. My Kia, a 2001 model, has 128K miles on it and still runs well. The Toyota is a 2008, and I believe it was built mostly on American soil, by non-UAW workers. So, since you seem to equate the UAW with "America," then I suppose that in your eyes, I've sold out my country. But, in reality, I've made the most efficient use of my limited resources, while supporting the Americans who manufactured my Toyota.

namvet
12-13-2008, 10:04 AM
they have always used the "un american" theme in the past when they get their tits in a ringer. its really gettin old

red states rule
12-13-2008, 10:06 AM
they have always used the "un american" theme in the past when they get their tits in a ringer. its really gettin old

Democrats have no sunk to questioning peoples patriotism..

But yet they think purposely trying to lose a war for political advantage isnt unpatrotic :rolleyes:

Joe Steel
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
The two cars were cheaper and more efficient than anything I could have bought from a Detroit company. My Kia, a 2001 model, has 128K miles on it and still runs well. The Toyota is a 2008, and I believe it was built mostly on American soil, by non-UAW workers. So, since you seem to equate the UAW with "America," then I suppose that in your eyes, I've sold out my country. But, in reality, I've made the most efficient use of my limited resources, while supporting the Americans who manufactured my Toyota.

Your foreign car may have been assembled by Americans in the US but it was designed by foreigners overseas and most of the overhead workers, HR, Accounting, Marketing, etc., also were foreigners.

red states rule
12-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Your foreign car may have been assembled by Americans in the US but it was designed by foreigners overseas and most of the overhead workers, HR, Accounting, Marketing, etc., also were foreigners.

and the downside is? Do you know how many plants are int he US that are non union, and how many US workers they employ

12-13-2008, 01:24 PM

No. the people expecting the government to bail you out with the money of others are the unamerican ones. Get off your ass and work for once Joe.

12-13-2008, 01:25 PM

um... hate to break it to you, but we already do. Its called social security.

12-13-2008, 01:30 PM

I was unaware that you are only allowed to work if you are American.

You know, I hate this attitude that if you arent American you arent good enough to work. What? People in China or Japan arent allowed to make a living cause they can do something better than you? Maybe if you got off your ass you wouldnt be competing with them.

Its just so freaking arrogant. And you are the first one to complain about people hating us. You freakin hypocrite.

5stringJeff
12-13-2008, 09:08 PM

Well, they sure are doing a better job at it than Detroit is. Maybe the Detroit Three should look to Japan to learn how to run their companies.