PDA

View Full Version : IL AG to IL Supreme Court, Remove Blago

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/attorney-gen-lisa-madigan-supreme-court-blagojevich-unable-to-serve.html

Not breaking, but I've not seen it here.

crin63
12-12-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/12/attorney-gen-lisa-madigan-supreme-court-blagojevich-unable-to-serve.html

Not breaking, but I've not seen it here.

That way they can avoid due process and not have to get any other politicians involved. Wouldn't want to take a chance on Obama maybe looking bad in all this.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 08:49 PM
That way they can avoid due process and not have to get any other politicians involved. Wouldn't want to take a chance on Obama maybe looking bad in all this.

Perhaps. Looking at the alternatives though, Blago isn't going to resign. Impeachment would take weeks or months. This may be done in less than 5 days.

stephanie
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
SING BLAGO SING:dance:

Yurt
12-12-2008, 09:00 PM

do you know something about removing a governor in illinois that the rest of us don't? or, is this about the fact the guy has not been found guilty in a court of law? if so, i agree.

crin63
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Perhaps. Looking at the alternatives though, Blago isn't going to resign. Impeachment would take weeks or months. This may be done in less than 5 days.

I'd rather see him drug through impeachment and watch him start telling all he knows. Maybe cut a deal to save his own neck.

crin63
12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
do you know something about removing a governor in illinois that the rest of us don't? or, is this about the fact the guy has not been found guilty in a court of law? if so, i agree.

He needs to be tried and not just thrown out by the state supreme court. He deserves a trial so he can cut a deal if he's guilty and tell what else he knows or just to be tried by a jury of his peers. Just removing him kinda sweeps it under the carpet to some degree.

stephanie
12-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Their trying to drum up that he is INCOMPETENT(too nutty now) to be Governor, so they can take him out fast and hope they can keep him shut up about the Dear Leader...

I hope he sings like a canary

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I'd rather see him drug through impeachment and watch him start telling all he knows. Maybe cut a deal to save his own neck.

The prosecutor will not be looking for him singing, rather those he tainted. Be it from Obama's minions or Rezko, or others. It's Illinois and the possibilities are endless.

I seriously doubt Fitzgerald is looking for Blago to sing.