PDA

View Full Version : Steelers - AFC North Champs!

jimnyc
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
No team has had over 300 yards against the Steelers in 14 games this year. They are #1 against the run, #1 against the pass and #1 in total points allowed. Ben isn't having an MVP year but is making the big plays when necessary - like a TD pass with 43 seconds left today to beat Baltimore, and a last possession TD win against Dallas last week. 11-3 thus far and Tennessee's loss leaves them at 12-2 - they play one another next week. If the Steelers beat Ten, then Cleveland on the last game - they get homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. As of now they are division winners and are guaranteed a bye game.

:gs:

jimnyc
12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Damn Giants thread is 4 pages long and I can't get a simple acknowledgment in this one. Acknowledge and bow to my Steelers you filthy bastards! :coffee:

jackass
12-15-2008, 03:31 PM
They are playing.....well I guess. They win the games when they need to. Defense is outrageous. Hope the offese finds something come playoff time. If I were the coach, I would sit Rothlesberger until 3:00 left in the 4th every game. Seems to be the only time they score a touchdown. :laugh2:

P.S.
I hope their stadium implodes on them next practice. :dance:

Abbey Marie
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Damn Giants thread is 4 pages long and I can't get a simple acknowledgment in this one. Acknowledge and bow to my Steelers you filthy bastards! :coffee:

:laugh2:

jimnyc
12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
They are playing.....well I guess. They win the games when they need to. Defense is outrageous. Hope the offese finds something come playoff time. If I were the coach, I would sit Rothlesberger until 3:00 left in the 4th every game. Seems to be the only time they score a touchdown. :laugh2:

Allow me to say something... Well actually it's absolutely nothing but jibberish formulated to confuse and make you think it IS something...

"The Steelers allow an average of 14pts per game and play their offense in an old fashioned paced, which is conservative by nature leading to a lower scoring team. Run, run, run and then pass. They're more known and have always been known for their Defense. A good defense wins the game and any professional analyst will tell you the same. They had the toughest schedule in the NFL this year thus far and are 11-3, with all 3 of their other losses in close games that could have went either way. Big Ben has thrown for over 2,500 yards but the key factor is his leadership, and he wins games. They don't have a flambouyant WR, but they have a trio of WR's who have totaled over 2,000 yards (Ward 864, Holmes 697, Washington 580). Willie Parker has been hurt but still has ran for 644 yards, and Mewelde Moore has added 537. Big Ben isn't breaking any records this year but he has amassed over 2,500 yards while injured at a pace of 60% completion rate and thrown 15 TD's. Their defense speaks for itself. A team is lucky to have a DE or LB that can run with the big boys with the sacks. The Steelers have James Harrison with 15 sacks, Lamar Woodley has 11.5 and Aaron Smith has 5.5. Troy Polamu is like a magnet to the ball, he either tackles every play or he blocks/intercepts a pass.

Like I said, as a team - they win games when they have to."

How's that for a bunch of shit? We're all 0-0 when the playoffs start!

sgtdmski
03-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Just wish I could have been here during the NFL season, I am a huge Steeler fan, born in McKees Rocks, PA!!!!.

dmk

HogTrash
10-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Just wish I could have been here during the NFL season, I am a huge Steeler fan, born in McKees Rocks, PA!!!!.

dmkIt appears the lowly Bengals are puttiing up a fight in the AFC North this year...They're currently leading at 4 and 1 with 3 conferance wins.

Taking into account your Pennsylvanian roots, I understand your Stealer enthusiasim...They are truely one of the NFL's all time greats.

I know it's not the Stealers fault, but I have a problem with teams that have an over-abundance of unconnected "Bandwagon Fans".

I tend to root against them...I saw the same thing with the 49ers, Green Bay and especially the Dallas Cowboys in their glory days.

It seems there is something inherently wrong with out-of-state sports fans who become devoted groupie's of a team for no other reason than a winning streak.

It takes no character to latch onto a winning sports team, but the fan who sticks by their hometown/state team through the tough times demonstrates the qualities of very special people.

Teams like the Bengals, Lions, Buccaneers and Cardinals whose fans have stuck by their teams through their many losing seasons are the greatest sports fans in the world.

This kind of loyalty demonstrates great character and courage.

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 05:54 PM
It appears the lowly Bengals are puttiing up a fight in the AFC North this year...They're currently leading at 4 and 1 with 3 conferance wins.

Taking into account your Pennsylvanian roots, I understand your Stealer enthusiasim...They are truely one of the NFL's all time greats.

I know it's not the Stealers fault, but I have a problem with teams that have an over-abundance of unconnected "Bandwagon Fans".

I tend to root against them...I saw the same thing with the 49ers, Green Bay and especially the Dallas Cowboys in their glory days.

It seems there is something inherently wrong with out-of-state sports fans who become devoted groupie's of a team for no other reason than a winning streak.

It takes no character to latch onto a winning sports team, but the fan who sticks by their hometown/state team through the tough times demonstrates the qualities of very special people.

Teams like the Bengals, Lions, Buccaneers and Cardinals whose fans have stuck by their teams through their many losing seasons are the greatest sports fans in the world.

This kind of loyalty demonstrates great character and courage.

That may be, but you also have to remember that during the 1970's the steel industry in Pennsylvania and especially Pittsburgh was collapsing. As the jobs were being lost, many people were moving to new areas to find new jobs. Also, many Pittsburghers who were graduating from college also were moving to find greener pastures.

Analysts say that the Steelers travel well. In some instances they do, people load on buses to go to games to see the Steelers play. have you ever tried to get a ticket to a home game?????

But, it is not that they travel well alone. During the great exodus from Pittsburgh in the 70's many left to find work and jobs in new cities, but they held onto to what they considered their roots -- The Steelers. The fact that the Steelers were dominating the decade with their great teams helped many to still hold on. As these transplanted families began having children, they passed their love of the Steelers onto their children, creating a whole new generation of Steelers fans. And now even onto their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I am proof that matter. Although I was born in Pittsburgh, I never lived there as a child. My father was military, I got my love for the team from watching games with him. I still remember the first game I went to with him, it was to see the Steelers play the Chiefs. It was cold, I was freezing but it was the most fun I had ever had, waving my terrible towel amongst the sea of black and red that were the Chief fans.

While there are some who jump onto our bandwagon, many of the fans of the Steelers have been fans since birth!!!!

dmk