PDA

View Full Version : Doctors vs Gun owners

Mr. P
12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah I've seen this before but it's worthy of posting.

Via E-mail

Doctors vs Gun owners

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of
Health and Human Services.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.
is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths
per year, all age groups, is

(C) The number of accidental deaths
per gun owner is

Statistics courtesy of FBI
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately
9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT
ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends
to this
alarming threat.

We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large,
I withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention!

Little-Acorn
12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah I've seen this before
Me, too.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
per year are 120,000.
But I've still never seen this reliably documented or referenced.

Mr. P
12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Me, too.

But I've still never seen this reliably documented or referenced.

Oh I have...not in this e-mail..but I've heard and read of patient death attributed to Doctors errors etc that exceed 120k/yr. I can't document when or where I've heard or read that though. Just wasn't that important...just a fact of life sorta thing.

crin63
12-15-2008, 07:38 AM
I sent this to a friend who forwarded it to some of his friends. One them took it upon them self to email me this response. The response came from another forum so I did not post that link.

"This means, the letter points out, that doctors are 9,000 times more deadly than gun owners.

Tabor's reason for pointing out these statistics seems to be the endorsement of second amendment rights, but the stats have turned the heads of many people, regardless of their stance on gun control. The claim has been reprinted across the internet on sites such as Rense.com, and other sites that warn of the dangers of modern medicine. NaturalNews staff members were unable to find DHHS figures that either supported or debunked the urban legend's claims. Such figures are hard to compare anyway, as the internet anti-chain-letter site BreakTheChain.org points out with responses gathered from the public:

-- Most people see doctors when their health is already poor, so that has to be considered a factor in any doctor-related deaths, accidental or otherwise.
-- Some people will never interact with a gun in their lifetime, but very few people will never see a doctor. This means that doctors could be more lethal simply due to a greater chance of public exposure to them.

As you can see, the doubts raised by these factors mean the statistics cannot be fairly compared, however NaturalNews's stance is that conventional medicine is still one of the top causes of death in the United States. Specifically, information obtained by Death by Medicine shows that an estimated 106,000 people die from adverse drug effects -- from properly prescribed drugs -- every year, and approximately 98,000 die annually from some sort of error by medical staff. Compare this to statistics from the Department of Justice and the U.S. Centers for Disease control for the year 2004, which show an estimated 16,137 people were victims of homicide (not just firearm murders) in the United States."

Immanuel
12-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Are you attempting to say that we should outlaw doctors before we outlaw guns? :laugh2:

Immie