PDA

View Full Version : GOP healthcare plan...

bullypulpit
12-15-2008, 05:29 AM
..."Hurry up and die already!", at least according to right wing pundit, Charles Krauthammer, who takes a dim view of preventative medicine.

<blockquote>The biggest preventative healthcare success in American history is the reduction in smoking. What happens instead of dying young if you smoke, you die older, spending years in a nursing home, and the costs end up higher. I’m not in favor of dying young, but it’s more expensive if you live longer. If you die of a heart attack at 50, that’s awful, but it’s cheap. If you live into your 80’s, you will end up with Alzheimer’s or cancer or a chronic disease that’s expensive. - Charles Krauthammer on FOX News, "Special Report with Brit Hume"</blockquote>

Were it any other network, somebody in the control room would have been crapping themselves to get to a commercial break before he finished his thought.

PostmodernProphet
12-15-2008, 06:19 AM
your error is that there is a difference between advocating something and pointing out the obvious.....though I think I just pointed out the obvious......

Classact
12-15-2008, 07:11 AM
..."Hurry up and die already!", at least according to right wing pundit, Charles Krauthammer, who takes a dim view of preventative medicine.

<blockquote>The biggest preventative healthcare success in American history is the reduction in smoking. What happens instead of dying young if you smoke, you die older, spending years in a nursing home, and the costs end up higher. I’m not in favor of dying young, but it’s more expensive if you live longer. If you die of a heart attack at 50, that’s awful, but it’s cheap. If you live into your 80’s, you will end up with Alzheimer’s or cancer or a chronic disease that’s expensive. - Charles Krauthammer on FOX News, "Special Report with Brit Hume"</blockquote>

Were it any other network, somebody in the control room would have been crapping themselves to get to a commercial break before he finished his thought.So you watch fox?
If you watched the entire context of this statement then you would know it isn't the Republican plan but rather an answer to a Democratic claim... He was answering the obvious reality of Obama's false statement that preventive medicine would reduce health costs.

darin
12-15-2008, 07:40 AM
The Plan should be "Let each person take Health Care responsibility upon him or herself."

12-15-2008, 10:14 AM

Were it any other network, somebody in the control room would have been crapping themselves to get to a commercial break before he finished his thought.

Yeah I saw that segment. Its not a surprise your taking it out of context. Someone had mentioned that prevention would cut medical costs. He pointed out that it isnt always the case. So of course not he is advocating dying quickly.

And you are surprised no one takes you seriously here. Especially when you are openly supporting the murder of unborn children for specifically the reason you are attacking in your straw man.

namvet
12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
obvious to a 4 year old Krauthammer knows nothing about medicine. preventative medicine has saved countless lives and un necessary surgery. his view is pure moot. and someone here failed to provide a link. which makes the post here say. :poke:

5stringJeff
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
I think McCain had the best health care plan of any of the canddiates in the past election: eliminate the tax exemption on health care benefits for employers, give that exemption to individuals, and allow people to buy insurance across state lines. That's a three-step solution to 95% of all health-care woes in America.

Psychoblues
12-17-2008, 02:19 AM
The ignorant assed Krauthammer is pretty much a Saint among these people, bp.

Thanks for not preaching to the choir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues