PDA

View Full Version : After 130 years of fundraising, Sally Army told to stop rattling collecting tins beca

stephanie
12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I wonder if people over there remember what freedom used to be like..:dunno:

By Paul Harris
Last updated at 12:07 PM on 15th December 2008
Comments (101) Add to My Stories For 130 years they have been part of Christmas, filling the air in towns across the land with music and carols.

But one thing is missing from the repertoire of Salvation Army bands this year - the percussion of rattling tins.

Members have been forbidden to shake their charity tins - even if it's done in time to the music - in case it harasses or intimidates people. One said she had been told it might also offend other religions.

Tin man: Salvation Army collectors have been told not to rattle their tins as it could be construed as religious harassment
Guidelines for branches organising public collections say tinholders should simply keep the tin still.

It means that when the brass bands start up they can rock and roll all they want - but if they shake and rattle, it could put them in conflict with the law.

Councils and police can enforce the no-rattle rule and have powers to prosecute or ban offenders. The restriction was branded 'bonkers' yesterday both by donors and long-serving Salvation Army volunteers.

read the rest and lots of comments..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1094807/Sally-Army-told-stop-rattling-collecting-tins--offend-religions.html

Noir
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
we've had this for years, infact as long as I can memo, but no one takes any notice, common sense will out, and while the media may be churning it out on a slow day it's nothing to be worrying about.

stephanie
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
we've had this for years, infact as long as I can memo, but no one takes any notice, common sense will out, and while the media may be churning it out on a slow day it's nothing to be worrying about.

did you read the comments..?
where does it stop, Noir?

Noir
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
did you read the comments..?
where does it stop, Noir?

Am on my phone so I'm not able to follow the link,
I don't argee with and I don't think it should have been done, but I'm just saying we've had that type of law for ages and no one takes any notice of it,

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Sounds to me like some ridiculousness going on in the United Kingdom. Personally, I would never purport to encourage or discourage any laws that they have for themselves. Apparently, Noir, a member here that lives there, seems to think your concerns are misguided at best, stevie.

Have you ever thought about maybe getting a life and stop your senseless chicken little "the sky is falling" fear mongering?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

How's them Cods hangin'??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You're still cut off from me, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

stephanie
12-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Sounds to me like some ridiculousness going on in the United Kingdom. Personally, I would never purport to encourage or discourage any laws that they have for themselves. Apparently, Noir, a member here that lives there, seems to think your concerns are misguided at best, stevie.

Have you ever thought about maybe getting a life and stop your senseless chicken little "the sky is falling" fear mongering?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

How's them Cods hangin'??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You're still cut off from me, stevie!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

if I'm cut off from you..how about cutting off your mouth also..all will be good..stick to worrying about some of the crap you post after you've had one too many..

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 07:58 AM
I never told you to STFU, shut the fuck up, stevie.

if I'm cut off from you..how about cutting off your mouth also..all will be good..stick to worrying about some of the crap you post after you've had one too many..

I just meant that I wasn't going to be responsible for any more of your senseless partaking of the spirits and acting such a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll jamm when and how I see fit, stevie. Would you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I'm just tryin' to have me some fun.

Psychoblues

stephanie
12-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I never told you to STFU, shut the fuck up, stevie.

I just meant that I wasn't going to be responsible for any more of your senseless partaking of the spirits and acting such a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll jamm when and how I see fit, stevie. Would you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, I'm just tryin' to have me some fun.

Psychoblues

good gawd, I thought I was cut off from that fool drunken mouth of yours..no such luck, huh..

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Are you still trying to dictate legal considerations in a foreign country, stevie?

good gawd, I thought I was cut off from that fool drunken mouth of yours..no such luck, huh..

I thought I told you about that years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I ain't buying you any more Cape Cods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues