PDA

View Full Version : In case you believed Mexico doesn't encourage illegals to keep breaking laws

Little-Acorn
12-16-2008, 01:33 PM
The Mexican govt has opened a call center, to provide counselling to Mexican citizens who want to illegally enter the U.S., or who have already done so. The stated purpose is to help those who are having a hard time as a result.

Just one hitch: The call center isn't in Mexico. It's in Arizona.

And it's not there to encourage those Mexican citizens to obey the law, go back to Mexico, and apply for visas like most law-abiding immigrants do. Or even to provide transportation back into Mexico for them, so they can get back into compliance with the law.

Nope... this center is there "to protect" illegal aliens in the U.S. from what they call the "harsher life" they are finding from law-enforcement efforts in this country; or due to criminals who take advantage of victims unlikely to call the cops if they are robbed or abused.

One way to "protect" them from such efforts, of course, is to send them home, or at least get them a bus schedule for southgoing routes. But apparently no such bus schedules are offered, or even contemplated.

And this from an official office of the Mexican government, operating out of the Mexican consulate in Tucson.

I guess that's their idea of "government cooperation" to fight criminal behavior.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/illegals_call_center/2008/12/16/162441.html

Mexico Opens Call Center for Illegals – In Arizona

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:38 PM

The Mexican government has opened a special call center in Arizona to provide a sympathetic ear for Mexican citizens caught up in crackdown on illegal immigration in the desert state.

Officials at the Mexican consulate in Tucson said they opened the center last week. It is available 24 hours a day to field complaints from Mexican nationals about their treatment in the border state, where as many as half a million illegal immigrants live and work in the shadows.

"We want to offer a human voice at the other end of the line, so they can feel protected and know that someone is here for them," said Alejandro Ramos, head of the consulate's Department of Protection.

Feelings run high about illegal immigration in the United States, where an estimated 12 million undocumented workers and their children hide from authorities.

After the U.S. government failed to pass legislation overhauling immigration laws last year, many U.S. states and some local authorities have acted to clamp down on illegal immigrants. Arizona passed a law to block the hiring of illegal workers.

These and other anti-immigrant measures are responsible for a hike in the number of calls to the five Arizona consulates, Ramos said. A combined 2,400 calls are logged each week.

"We're getting more and more calls from people requiring our services," Ramos said. "One of the factors is that, in a way, life has become harsher for them in the state of Arizona."

The call center idea stemmed from a new initiative Mexico President Felipe Calderon issued last year to improve communications with Mexicans living outside the country, Ramos said.

The line me tskepticism from Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who launched his own efforts to crack down on illegal immigrants in the Phoenix area, roughly 200 miles from the border, with highly publicized raids.

"I hope that if someone calls in and is in violation of the law that they would pass it along to me," Arpaio said. "I hope they tip me off, so I can do my job."

actsnoblemartin
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
mexico, the useless snot under the u.s. nose