PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Think Gov Blago Is Going Anywhere

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
After looking at all the reports, what crime did Gov Blago commit?

Gov Blago is winning this game with the IL SC, the State Senate, and the Dem party

Unless there is a smoking gun, Blago is going to win this. and stay in office

Kathianne
12-18-2008, 08:17 AM
After looking at all the reports, what crime did Gov Blago commit?

Gov Blago is winning this game with the IL SC, the State Senate, and the Dem party

Unless there is a smoking gun, Blago is going to win this. and stay in office

I don't think so. The petition to the court was a long shot at best, a political ploy in any case. The Democratic Party doesn't want to chance a Republican would win with special election, but he's going to be impeached, I'm quite certain. The people of Illinois will kick the Dems out if they don't move on this.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't think so. The petition to the court was a long shot at best, a political ploy in any case. The Democratic Party doesn't want to chance a Republican would win with special election, but he's going to be impeached, I'm quite certain. The people of Illinois will kick the Dems out if they don't move on this.

Unless I am wrong Kat, the IL SC refused to remove Blago from office. They do not want to get involved in this mess.

Also, what if Goc Blago does not select anyone to fill Obama's seat just to piss off the Dems who are going after him? Does the law demand he pick somebody?

Of course Blago could pick himself to fill the Senate seat :laugh2:

Kathianne
12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
This is what brings them down in IL:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081220/ap_on_re_us/illinois_governor_charges

Senate seat only part of case vs. Ill. governor

By MIKE ROBINSON, Associated Press Writer
1 hr 58 mins ago
CHICAGO – Corruption charges against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich focus on much more than the claim that he tried to sell or trade Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat.

That charge is the cream. But the meat and potatoes are buried deep within a 76-page affidavit prosecutors tacked onto the charges, and they have a familiar look.

Evidence of misuse of political clout, fixed contracts and illegal campaign fundraising — the basic staples of corruption in Illinois — proved persuasive with the jury at influence peddler Tony Rezko's fraud trial. He was convicted and awaits sentencing.

That same evidence is now coming back to bite Blagojevich. This time around it could be even stronger because Rezko — the political fundraiser who helped to bankroll the campaigns of both Blagojevich and Obama — may take the stand to point the finger at the governor.

Rezko, for example, was on hand while Blagojevich talked to a campaign donor about putting him on the state payroll with the donor's $25,000 check on the table, according to testimony at Rezko's trial....

red states rule
12-20-2008, 03:34 PM
another take on this from the liberal media POV

Shuster: I Hope MSM Won't Get 'Adversarial' With Obama Over Blago
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
December 19, 2008 - 21:33 ET

Lynn Sweet wants the Obama team to come clean over its contacts with Blago. David Shuster has a different concern. He's hoping the media won't get "adversarial" once the Obama folks get around to releasing their report about who said what to whom.

Shuster made his pre-emptive plea for good media manners on this evening's 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, the MSNBC show Shuster has recently begun hosting now that David Gregory has moved on to Meet The Press.

Sweet, of the Chicago Sun-Times, began with a reasonable reporter's take on the pending release by Team Obama of its accounting of contacts between the President-elect's representatives and Blago and his minions: take your time but be complete. In contrast, Shuster's focus was his demand for media decorum and desire to exculpate Rahm Emanuel before even learning the facts.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/12/19/shuster-i-hope-msm-wont-get-adversarial-obama-over-blago