PDA

View Full Version : Another Dem Double Standard

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Dems and the liberal media went after Gov Palin's "lack of experience" - yet those same liberals are cheering on Caroline Kennedy as Hillary's replacement in the US Senate

Once again, more proof a "D" at the end on ones name makes all the difference

Noir
12-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I can see how you can see it as a double standard, however there are also key differences. i.e Carolines not going to become president of the USA if the pres. Dies.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I can see how you can see it as a double standard, however there are also key differences. i.e Carolines not going to become president of the USA if the pres. Dies.

The Dems sneered how Gov Palin did not have enough experience - overlooking she held several eleced offices years before Obama held his first elected office

Ms Kennedy has NEVER held an elected office, and has zero experience. Like Hillary, she is cashing in on her last name

and Dems are giving her a pass - as they always do with anyone with a "D" at the end of their name

darin
12-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Righto, Noir - except the JUMP from where Caroline is now, to where she WANTS to be is VASTLY LARGER than Gov. Palin's goals.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Righto, Noir - except the JUMP from where Caroline is now, to where she WANTS to be is VASTLY LARGER than Gov. Palin's goals.

Of course this could be pay back. The Kennedy clan was behind Obama all the way, so now it is time for Barry to pick up the tab

Noir
12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
The Dems sneered how Gov Palin did not have enough experience - overlooking she held several eleced offices years before Obama held his first elected office

Ms Kennedy has NEVER held an elected office, and has zero experience. Like Hillary, she is cashing in on her last name

and Dems are giving her a pass - as they always do with anyone with a "D" at the end of their name

Fair enough, but I wonder out of the current senate how many of them were first ellected with little experience?
Also at the end if the day she has grown up in the Kennedy household, I'd defy anyone to grow up in such an environent and be politicy niave.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Fair enough, but I wonder out of the current senate how many of them were first ellected with little experience?
Also at the end if the day she has grown up in the Kennedy household, I'd defy anyone to grow up in such an environent and be politicy niave.

The point is Noir, the same libs who were attacking Gov Palin over her lack of experience, now do not hold Ms Kennedy to the same standards

Thank you for admitting my other point. Like Hillary she is cashing in on her last name

darin
12-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Listen, for Liberals (dem or rep) Elections are Popularity Contests. Liberals place more value on PERSONALITY than character or ability. It's of NO concern to me if Caroline gets the seat. I'm not saying she's lacking in character or ability - just saying she's popular; it'd fit the MO of liberal leaders to select her.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Listen, for Liberals (dem or rep) Elections are Popularity Contests. Liberals place more value on PERSONALITY than character or ability. It's of NO concern to me if Caroline gets the seat. I'm not saying she's lacking in character or ability - just saying she's popular; it'd fit the MO of liberal leaders to select her.

We are talking NY here. the libs in NY will elect anyone with a "D" at the end of thier name. They keep electing the same idiots that are taxing them to death,a nd coming out with new taxes

All I am doing is pointing out the double standards and how fast the left dropped their lack of experience talking points

Noir
12-18-2008, 09:03 AM
The point is Noir, the same libs who were attacking Gov Palin over her lack of experience, now do not hold Ms Kennedy to the same standards

Thank you for admitting my other point. Like Hillary she is cashing in on her last name

Ofciurse she is not being held to the same standards, becuase she is not running to be the standby-president to an elderly man.
Obviously she comes with a name, a name that has been heavily involved in politics, which seems to be quite common in America, but you can't expect her to not get into politics just because of her name.

red states rule
12-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Ofciurse she is not being held to the same standards, becuase she is not running to be the standby-president to an elderly man.
Obviously she comes with a name, a name that has been heavily involved in politics, which seems to be quite common in America, but you can't expect her to not get into politics just because of her name.

She is not being held to the same standards because she is a liberal Dem

Again, like Hillary she is useing her name to compensate for a lifetime of poltiical accomplishments

and because power is the only thing that matters to Dems - libs and the liberal media are looking the other way

red states rule
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
The liberal media is singing a different tune these days......

CBS’s Chen: Leave Caroline Kennedy Alone, Criticism ‘Unfair’
By Kyle Drennen (Bio | Archive)
December 18, 2008 - 11:45 ET

On Thursday’s CBS Early Show, co-host Julie Chen came to the defense of would-be New York Senator Caroline Kennedy, who has faced criticism for her lack of experience: "This is so unfair. I mean, look, the system is set up the way it's set up and Governor Paterson decides and that's it. Leave her alone, everyone." That comment followed a report by correspondent Meg Oliver, in which Kennedy avoided tough questions from the press: "She quickly got a taste of the pressure that comes with seeking a high-profile political office...questions mostly went unanswered."

Chen was not so quick to defend Sarah Palin from critics during the campaign. When Tina Fey began impersonating Palin on Saturday Night Live in September, Chen remarked: "Tina Fey has just so much material to work with, this is like, probably a dream come true for her." Earlier in September, Chen wondered about Palin’s foreign policy experience: "The education of Sarah Palin. The Alaska governor has her first meetings with world leaders as they gather at the U.N. How will she do?"

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2008/12/18/cbs-s-chen-leave-caroline-kennedy-alone-criticism-unfair

gabosaurus
12-19-2008, 12:08 AM
She is a Kennedy! How much more qualified can you get? :p

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey she's a Kennedy she has experience at lying cheating and being a drunken Idiot it runs in the Kennedy blood :cheers2:

namvet
12-20-2008, 10:03 AM
seems she has trouble with voting.

Caroline Kennedy sat out several elections

Caroline Kennedy, who is seeking to fill Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's Senate seat, has not voted in a number of elections, including at least one race for the very job she's seeking.

source (source)

she's just trying to keep the Kennedy name in politics.

Hull
12-20-2008, 11:55 AM
It's just another blatant example of a liberal that thinks that just because of who they are they're entitled. She thinks that just at the mere mention of wanting to take Clintons old senate seat, people should be bowing at her feet, kissing and licking her shoes begging her to take it just because she's a Kennedy. It's sickening, and wrong. Liberals are disgusting people.

Noir
12-20-2008, 02:29 PM
can I just ask...are the conservitives on the board fine that she is standing with so little experience?...or do they think she should not?

red states rule
12-20-2008, 02:33 PM
can I just ask...are the conservitives on the board fine that she is standing with so little experience?...or do they think she should not?

That is not the point Noir. the point is, the same libs who were screaming about Gov Palin's lack of experience are now fine with Ms Kennedy taking Hillary's Senate seat - and could care less she never has held an elected office (or voted very much)

Noir
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
That is not the point Noir. the point is, the same libs who were screaming about Gov Palin's lack of experience are now fine with Ms Kennedy taking Hillary's Senate seat - and could care less she never has held an elected office (or voted very much)

Right I get that...but you are no doubt fine with the fact that she is running.

red states rule
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Right I get that...but you are no doubt fine with the fact that she is running.

She is a liberal running in a liberal state. The only thing I have a problem with is the usual double standards being displayed by the libs

But I should be used to it by now