PDA

View Full Version : Franken Senate Victory Projected!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
When the votes are counted the actual winners emerge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 18, 2008, 7:57 pm

Democratic challenger Al Franken finds himself on the cusp of winning a seat in the United States Senate after Minnesota's canvassing board awarded him a host of challenged votes during deliberations on Thursday.

As of 8PM ET, the Minneapolis Star Tribune projected that Franken would finish the recount process with a lead of 89 votes, positioning him to become the 59th senator caucusing with Democrats in the upcoming Congress.

According to local paper tallies, Franken currently trails Sen. Norm Coleman by a mere five votes, down from the 358-vote margin that the Republican held just last night. The Associated Press has the count even closer, with Coleman ahead by two votes. An aide to Franken told the Huffington Post that, according to the campaign's internal count, Franken has already taken a small lead.

The gains came as the canvassing board sifted through hundreds of ballots that Coleman had contested during the recount process. On Friday, the canvassing board will consider another 400 or so Coleman challenges. If the pattern remains consistent, Franken should vault past his opponent to a projected lead of approximately 89 votes, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

The process by which the Senate race has come to this stage is often confusing. Coleman held an approximately 200-vote lead after the state went through a hand recount of all ballots. However, there remained approximately 1,500 ballots that one or the other campaign contested (and temporarily removed from the overall vote tally). Coleman challenged about 1,000 of these, Franken the rest.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, the canvassing board considered Franken's challenges, which gave a slight gain to Coleman's lead (Franken, after all, was challenging ballots that were, perhaps erroneously, awarded to Coleman during the recount). But the Franken campaign also gained some votes during the two days; the canvassing board awarded him dozens of ballots that had been wrongfully determined to be non-votes or under-votes.

By Thursday, the canvassing board had moved onto the pile of Coleman challenges, and with it, Coleman's lead quickly dissipated. It became clear early on that the Senator had challenged many ballots simply because they favored Franken and had a minor (non-disqualifying) clerical error. The board began plowing through the votes until, by late afternoon, Franken found himself down by only five.

As it stands now, it seems likely that Franken will end this process with a lead wider than even his campaign expected. Earlier projections, from the Associated Press, Star Tribune and Franken himself, suggested that Coleman would lose the race by roughly 20 votes or less. And this tally doesn't even take into consideration the legal and political battle being waged over wrongfully rejected absentee ballots, which the Minnesota Supreme Court ruled, on Thursday, should be counted.

That decision, another loss for the Coleman campaign, could mean even more votes flowing into Franken's tally, though the Court also stressed that the state and both campaigns come up with a uniform standard for identifying these absentee ballots before they are counted........................................... .....................

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/18/frankens-senate-victory-c_n_152241.html

Still not enough to break the obstruction tactics by the enemies but significant progress is being demonstrated before our very eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I offer anyone a cool one for the celebration?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

stephanie
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
what a joke of an election..

just keep counting over and over and over until it comes out in a Democrats favor..

this country is doomed

LiberalNation
12-18-2008, 10:56 PM
It was close, really close, he the repub had done better he wouldn't have taken the election in a recount. As for me, shocked he was able to win that state, I don't like myself and I'm more liberal than some.

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I've seen no credible allegations of improprieties here, stevie.

just keep counting over and over and over until it comes out in a Democrats favor..

this country is doomed

If all the votes are counted, which is what I was taught and believe, the true leadership and winner emerges. It really is a simple concept but also one that obviously gives you heartburn. Did you get the RNC memo on talking points or are you just repeating shit that you heard in other equally as ignorant and unAmerican venues?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Could I offer you an Alka Seltzer?!???????!?!??!?

Psychoblues

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM

this country is doomed Thats how it was done in WA state in 2004 for Governor it took 3 try's before the Democrats won by counting felon and dead voters to get the votes in their favor Liberals are the biggest crooks on earth

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Counting illegal votes is, uh, illegal, rwb2.

Thats how it was done in WA state in 2004 for Governor it took 3 try's before the Democrats won by counting felon and dead voters to get the votes in their favor Liberals are the biggest crooks on earth

So who in Washington is now serving time for counting those illegal votes?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? Or, are you like so many others and just blowing out your ass about something that you know little or nothing about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Could I offer you a Singapore Sling?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! They're good for putting your eyes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-18-2008, 11:21 PM
the libs whine and bitch when the scotus purportedly hands bush the election, but yet they have no problem when election officials rule in favor of frankstinkal's numerous appeals and challenges....keep challenging, keep counting and just maybe you can find those "missing" votes and then rule that votes that should not be for frankinstinkle really should be...travesty of our political system

hypocritical, shameful...nothing but frankinstinkle

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Counting illegal votes is, uh, illegal, rwb2.

So who in Washington is now serving time for counting those illegal votes?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? Or, are you like so many others and just blowing out your ass about something that you know little or nothing about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Could I offer you a Singapore Sling?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! They're good for putting your eyes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues:upyours: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/31/national/31gov.html Read it for your self or maybe you can get someone who knows how to read do it for ya

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Who is in jail, dumbo?

:upyours: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/31/national/31gov.html Read it for your self or maybe you can get someone who knows how to read do it for ya

Simple enough question, isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-18-2008, 11:31 PM
yes, the only criminals that exist are the ones in jail :poke:

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Counting the votes is an American value, yuk.

the libs whine and bitch when the scotus purportedly hands bush the election, but yet they have no problem when election officials rule in favor of frankstinkal's numerous appeals and challenges....keep challenging, keep counting and just maybe you can find those "missing" votes and then rule that votes that should not be for frankinstinkle really should be...travesty of our political system

hypocritical, shameful...nothing but frankinstinkle

Why is it always reichwingers that have such a problem with the recognition and counting of the clear intentions of the voters?!??!??!???!?!??!

Every time I see a post like yours I am reminded of how much I hate the inclinations of reichwingers to ignore the will of the people.

Can I get you a drink?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

gabosaurus
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I have a huge problem with Al Franken. He is an idiot.

Silver
12-19-2008, 12:14 AM
How to steal an election 101.....
The Dims have come a long way since they tried to grab the 2000 election with the same crap....now they have the election officials on their team and no media to challenge them, they have it made ....count until you win.....ha....

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Soon to be Senator Franken to you, gabby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't it a hoot?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 12:23 AM
The theft of 2000 will go down as a scourge on America much in the same fashion as slavery has been, sliver.

How to steal an election 101.....
The Dims have come a long way since they tried to grab the 2000 election with the same crap....now they have the election officials on their team and no media to challenge them, they have it made ....count until you win.....ha....

Even the SCOTUS was so ashamed of that decision they placed into it language to prevent it ever being used as any precedence. Now, I ain't no lawyer but that puts a great big shitty smell on the whole damned thing, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Republicans have taught us well on election matters, haven't they?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

12-19-2008, 03:25 AM
They've already counted the votes twice. Coleman won both counts.

However, if you are happy about a Senate seat being stolen and our Republic overthrown just because you want the guy with a D next to his name to win, then you get what you deserve.

Personally, Id rather see the integrity of the system upheld rather than these political games to overthrow the will of the people. But then Im also opposed to selling Senate seats as well, which is a foreign concept to some of you.

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 03:31 AM
Like others that I know clearly about, a'21, Coleman only wants to count until he is winning. Each vote is not nearly so important to him as the winning one regardless the intent of any voter. But, keep on spewing your bullshit about counting. Those of us that respect it appreciate you, your attitude towards our votes and your intentions towards a semblance of recognizable democracy.

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
12-19-2008, 05:07 AM
Soon to be Senator Franken to you, gabby!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be Senator Franken to a bunch of embarrassed Minnesotans.....

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 05:10 AM
The majority says otherwise, dumbo.

He will be Senator Franken to a bunch of embarrassed Minnesotans.....

Can I offer you some molded cheese to go with your molded doodoo whine?

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
12-19-2008, 05:27 AM
The majority says otherwise, dumbo.

well heaven knows, the majority can't possibly be ignorant, now can it.....

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 05:56 AM
That's what you sasid, pmp. I draw no ownership of that remark.

well heaven knows, the majority can't possibly be ignorant, now can it.....

Insult all you care to, dumbo. The population is now listening carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's the cheese holding up? Stinky enough? I have better ones!!! Here's to the whine you ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
12-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Insult all you care to, dumbo. The population is now listening carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh, if only they had done that BEFORE the election.....

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
That's what you sasid, pmp. I draw no ownership of that remark.

How's the cheese holding up? Stinky enough? I have better ones!!! Here's to the whine you ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues IF were all so lucky someday we might all hear a loud POP That will be the sound of your head finally being pulled out of your ASS :laugh2:

Mr. P
12-19-2008, 11:35 PM

The Gov is full of em, he'll fit right in.

The thing is...it's never really as obvious as this..Ya think the public will notice?

What's next, curious George?

Psychoblues
12-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Just what is that "popping" sound?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

IF were all so lucky someday we might all hear a loud POP That will be the sound of your head finally being pulled out of your ASS :laugh2:

Is it rwb2 pulling his head from his own ass or is it just a figment of his imagination exploding his own head?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues