PDA

View Full Version : Pet Lovers Protest Cats On The Menu In China

Psychoblues
12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Even though I've been there and seen it, I still have a problem with even the imagination of it?!?!?????!?!??!?

By WILLIAM FOREMAN
Associated Press Writer

Dec 18, 9:06 PM EST

GUANGZHOU, China (AP) -- While animal lovers in Beijing protested the killing of cats for food on Thursday, a butcher in Guangdong province - where felines are the main ingredient in a famous soup - just shrugged her shoulders and wielded her cleaver. "Cats have a strong flavor. Dogs taste much better, but if you really want cat meat, I can have it delivered by tomorrow," said the butcher, who gave only her surname, Huang.

It was just this attitude that outraged about 40 cat lovers who unfurled banners in a tearful protest outside the Guangdong government office in Beijing. Many were retirees who care for stray felines they said were being rounded up by dealers.

"We must make them correct this uncivilized behavior," said Wang Hongyao, who represented the group in submitting a letter urging the provincial government to crack down on traders and restaurants, although they were breaking no laws.

The protest was the latest clash between age-old traditions and the new sensibilities made possible by China's growing affluence. Pet ownership was once rare because the Communist Party condemned it as bourgeois and most people simply couldn't afford a cat or dog.

The protesters' indignation was whipped up by recent reports in Chinese newspapers about the cat meat industry. On Monday, the Southern Metropolis Daily - a Guangdong paper famous for its exposes and aggressive reporting - ran a story that said about 1,000 cats were transported by train to Guangdong each day.

The animals came from Nanjing, a major trading hub for cats, the newspaper said. They were brought to market by dealers on motorcycles, crammed into wooden crates and sent to Guangdong on trains. A photo showed a cat with green eyes peering from a crowded crate.

More: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_CAT_PROTEST?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=NATIONAL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Bon Appetite'!!!!!!!!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

darin
12-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Racists...

namvet
12-20-2008, 09:17 AM
they'll eat anything over there. nothing's off limit.................

namvet
12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8600/fishheadmedqe2.jpg

welcome to the orient. I got so sick of seeing this. and the smell yuck !!!!

Noir
12-20-2008, 10:31 AM
How horrid, yet it is not only the east were animals face such a fate, cows, pigs, chickens ect are regularly slaughtered so we may eat their flesh.

Taste the meat in your mouth as you savour the flavour of murder...

stephanie
12-20-2008, 11:01 AM
doesn't seem like there would be much meat on a cat, unless it's a really fat one..

I've eaten a lot of animals, not sure I'd like to eat a cat..

the flavor of MURDER taste pretty dang good right off the BBQ..:laugh2:

Noir
12-20-2008, 11:10 AM
doesn't seem like there would be much meat on a cat, unless it's a really fat one..

I've eaten a lot of animals, not sure I'd like to eat a cat..

the flavor of MURDER taste pretty dang good right off the BBQ..:laugh2:

There ain't a huge Lot of meat on chickens either, but they are selectivly breed and pumped full of shit to fatten them up, creatures created purly to murder and eat.

It's a death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder.

stephanie
12-20-2008, 11:12 AM
There ain't a huge Lot of meat on chickens either, but they are selectivly breed and pumped full of shit to fatten them up, creatures created purly to murder and eat.

It's a death to no reason, and death for no reason is murder.

well, we should stop killing them and let them overtake the world...maybe we could elect them into office..

namvet
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
well, we should stop killing them and let them overtake the world...maybe we could elect them into office..

hint: their already in office :laugh2:

Noir
12-20-2008, 11:24 AM

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

So if we don't murder and eat all the cows try will take over the world!!!
Sorry I never realized.
I guess cats where starting to over taake china and this is the Chinese response?

stephanie
12-20-2008, 11:28 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

So if we don't murder and eat all the cows try will take over the world!!!
Sorry I never realized.
I guess cats where starting to over taake china and this is the Chinese response?

why do vegetarians murder vegetables and plants...you know they've proven that they have feelings..

tsk tsk...you are veggie MURDERERS...

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Well with more and more county animal shelters cutting back do to budget issues, I see a great export opportunity. :dev3:

Noir
12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
why do vegetarians murder vegetables and plants...you know they've proven that they have feelings..

tsk tsk...you are veggie MURDERERS...

There is a difference between having senses, i.e the sense of light, and being a living creature and you know it.

What need have you for eating meat?

stephanie
12-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Well with more and more county animal shelters cutting back do to budget issues, I see a great export opportunity. :dev3:

:eek: you heartless ********

just kidding as I know you were.............I think..:laugh2:

stephanie
12-20-2008, 11:35 AM
There is a difference between having senses, i.e the sense of light, and being a living creature and you know it.

What need have you for eating meat?

I like the taste..what need for you to lecture people about eating meat?
I don't care when you fill up on veggies and stink the place with your stinky farts..I'd just get up and move away from you..not sit there and lecture you on your farts

Noir
12-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I like the taste..what need for you to lecture people about eating meat?
I don't care when you fill up on veggies and stink the place with your stinky farts..I'd just get up and move away from you..not sit there and lecture you on your farts

So because you like the taste it's all good?
Have you ever murdered a baby and ate it? Who knows, you may like the taste :poke:

As for why I care, I care becuase animals are being murdered for no reason...other than 'people like the taste'...

But who hears when animals cry...

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
So because you like the taste it's all good?
Have you ever murdered a baby and ate it? Who knows, you may like the taste :poke:

As for why I care, I care becuase animals are being murdered for no reason...other than 'people like the taste'...

But who hears when animals cry...

They don't cry when they're slaughtered properly...And the taste great too.

Noir
12-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh Mr. P, don't let trolling become you, just makes you look a bit silly IMO.

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh Mr. P, don't let trolling become you, just makes you look a bit silly IMO.

No trolling here...just the facts, the truth.

Noir
12-20-2008, 03:35 PM
righto, I would also guess that if you murdered a baby the right way it would not cry, and once you fry it's flesh I'm sure you'd think it pretty tastey, so why not eat them aswell sir?

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
righto, I would also guess that if you murdered a baby the right way it would not cry, and once you fry it's flesh I'm sure you'd think it pretty tastey, so why not eat them aswell sir?

Baby cow is tasty. I agree.

Noir
12-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Baby cow is tasty. I agree.

Oh you are devilish, I was ofcourse referring to human babies, but you knew that.

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh you are devilish, I was ofcourse referring to human babies, but you knew that.

Yes I knew that, and you also know MOST people of the world are NOT cannibals. Which is what made your eluding to such ridiculous.

Noir
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes I knew that, and you also know MOST people of the world are NOT cannibals. Which is what made your eluding to such ridiculous.

So you justify eating one animal by taste alone, but not another animal even though I guess the taste would be simalar, but one is 'normal' and the other is rediculous, how odd.

LiberalNation
12-20-2008, 06:31 PM
we aren't the only animals who eat other animals. I suppose those lions, tigers, and bears are also murderers.

Noir
12-20-2008, 07:11 PM
indeed LN, this is the first time I have been given such a responce, however it is not a reason for murder.

Lions can not grow potatoes, nor can tigers live on a mix of veggies, but man can. I will also have it noted that there is a difference between living and survival. If I was in a situation were I could only survive by eating animals then so be it. But we can live without eating them, without murdering them.

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 07:16 PM
indeed LN, this is the first time I have been given such a responce, however it is not a reason for murder.

Lions can not grow potatoes, nor can tigers live on a mix of veggies, but man can. I will also have it noted that there is a difference between living and survival. If I was in a situation were I could only survive by eating animals then so be it. But we can live without eating them, without murdering them.

I'll bet you have have leather shoes, or a belt, maybe even a jacket..right?

Noir
12-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll bet you have have leather shoes, or a belt, maybe even a jacket..right?

Good lord sir, how little respect do you have for me to think I would be such a hypocrite?
Ofcourse I do not.

I memo one year my dad bought me a snake skin watch, I'm sure it cost a huge amount, yet I had to get him to take it back, the thought of warng a dead creatures skin is horrid,

I have also notes that you have left tv topic of eating animals complety now, how odd.

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Good lord sir, how little respect do you have for me to think I would be such a hypocrite?
Ofcourse I do not.

I memo one year my dad bought me a snake skin watch, I'm sure it cost a huge amount, yet I had to get him to take it back, the thought of warng a dead creatures skin is horrid,

I have also notes that you have left tv topic of eating animals complety now, how odd.

Not at all..animals are here for us to eat and enjoy. Prevents us from eating our own..Now go get some yummy dead veggie and I'll do the same, along with my dead medium rare steak. :thumb:

Noir
12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
indeed, so why would we be eating eachother if we were not murdering and eat animals?

And you never did respond to my post #24, would you care too or is the point not one you wish to have discussed?

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 08:31 PM
So you justify eating one animal by taste alone, but not another animal even though I guess the taste would be simalar, but one is 'normal' and the other is rediculous, how odd.

No, taste is important but not the total of "justification".

Being a veggie how would you know if the taste was similar? You've eaten both?

Noir
12-20-2008, 08:42 PM
No, taste is important but not the total of "justification".

Being a veggie how would you know if the taste was similar? You've eaten both?

I see, so what are the other parts of this justification?

I have ate meat before, and I said 'I guess' they'd taste simalar, not having ever eat human flesh before, but I can't see why it would taste much different.

manu1959
12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
How horrid, yet it is not only the east were animals face such a fate, cows, pigs, chickens ect are regularly slaughtered so we may eat their flesh.

Taste the meat in your mouth as you savour the flavour of murder...

carrots scream......the horror..........the horror.

Noir
12-20-2008, 09:05 PM
except they don't Manu, but cows, chickens, cats and other animals do.

Heifer whines could be human cries, closer comes the screaming knife...

manu1959
12-20-2008, 09:09 PM
except they don't Manu, but cows, chickens, cats and other animals do.

Heifer whines could be human cries, closer comes the screaming knife...

i can hear them...

Noir
12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Gawd you must be board, sorry I'm too tired to play along, maybe another night.

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Gawd you must be board, sorry I'm too tired to play along, maybe another night.

No playing here, Noir. Go find a head of lettuce to save before it's decapitated. That's gotta hurt and it's inhuman too...people twist them off an stuff...GAWD the inhumanity! Poor lettuce head.

Noir
12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I was not sati g you were playing, I was saying that manu was, though you have now tried to trod down a simalar path.

So Mr. P, you never gave me the other justification other than tatse, and I am most interested to hear, do tell...

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I was not sati g you were playing, I was saying that manu was, though you have now tried to trod down a simalar path.

So Mr. P, you never gave me the other justification other than tatse, and I am most interested to hear, do tell...

I did..you missed it, look back...must be a nutritional deficiency you have. Donno

Noir
12-20-2008, 09:37 PM
erm...which post number?

Psychoblues
12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
I think the conversation I proposed was about the Chinese protesting the inclusion of cat meat on the menu. Can we get back to that one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Bon Appetite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
12-21-2008, 02:13 AM
You wouldn't recognise a racist if he hit you on your nose, dimples.

Racists...

That is common amongst you perpetually self victimized.

Psychoblues

Noir
12-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I think the conversation I proposed was about the Chinese protesting the inclusion of cat meat on the menu. Can we get back to that one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

You think we've gone off topic? I think not, this thread was started on the idea that eating cat flesh is horrid, so I am trying to understand why eating any animals flesh is not horrid. Whaat else could you talk about based on the OP? And if a mod feels I have de-railed the topic they can just split it, so chill yer baps psychobabe.

And since you started rye topic I must ask, do you eat the flesh if murdered animals?

Abbey Marie
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Hang in there, Noir. I agree with you. :beer:

stephanie
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't have anything against someone who is a vegetarian, but then for that person who CHOOSES to eat that way, to go around and berate, accuse, and act all superior over others who eat meat(which outnumbers people who are vegetarians)...that's what I find annoying..and I guess they think by telling people their murderers because of the food they eat, must endear them to a hell of a lot of people..

now go eat a juicy med-rare steak..:cheers2:

namvet
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
didn't the bible say that's why animals are here???? :poke:

Noir
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Hang in there, Noir. I agree with you. :beer:

^.^

Good show, how long have you been so?

Noir
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't have anything against someone who is a vegetarian, but then for that person who CHOOSES to eat that way, to go around and berate, accuse, and act all superior over others who eat meat(which outnumbers people who are vegetarians)...that's what I find annoying..and I guess they think by telling people their murderers because of the food they eat, must endear them to a hell of a lot of people..

now go eat a juicy med-rare steak..:cheers2:

I dae mind if you eat meat, it's your choice, I just don't understand why anyone would want to murder an animal and eat it's flesh. Which is why I am asking y'all why you do, I'm not trying to force anythin on someone, just looking for an explaination.

Noir
12-21-2008, 08:14 PM
didn't the bible say that's why animals are here???? :poke:

Indeed I'm sure it does, however, I'm sure it says many things that are only in there because of the time it was written. I'm sure it also mentions in the OT many other things that were right at the time but not now.

Btw sorry for the triple post guys but I am on my phone and can't multi-quote

Trigg
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I dae mind if you eat meat, it's your choice, I just don't understand why anyone would want to murder an animal and eat it's flesh. Which is why I am asking y'all why you do, I'm not trying to force anythin on someone, just looking for an explaination.

People are omnivores, we need to eat both meat and veggies to satisfy our nutritional needs.

Besides that meat tastes good and I don't like veggies all that much. So there ya go.

LiberalNation
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
you can get adaquete nutrition without meat, just have to be careful how you plan your diet and get it right.

Yurt
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Psychoblues

and a moment later psydeshow is off topic :laugh2:

You wouldn't recognise a racist if he hit you on your nose, dimples.

That is common amongst you perpetually self victimized.

Psychoblues

you are entertaining

Psychoblues
12-23-2008, 02:34 AM
You've always had that problem, yuk.

and a moment later psydeshow is off topic :laugh2:
you are entertaining

Although it deserves medical attention, I wouldn't recommend it in your case.

I'm already self medicating for my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
12-24-2008, 11:55 AM
dam chiniese

:poke:

You've always had that problem, yuk.

Although it deserves medical attention, I wouldn't recommend it in your case.

I'm already self medicating for my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Noir
12-26-2008, 02:01 PM
People are omnivores, we need to eat both meat and veggies to satisfy our nutritional needs.

you can get adaquete nutrition without meat, just have to be careful how you plan your diet and get it right.

Nutrition comes up allot in debates such as this, and to be honest i see it as a red herring.

I'm a pretty typical bloke, in tthat i dont plan my diet ect ect, i just do as i would anybody else. Except instead of eating Meatballs in sauce and pasta, i have a mix of vegs in sauce with pasta, and i'm pretty fine as far as health goes, i also refuse to take suplement tables ect as i know i do not need them, and hate tablets. So ya'll may say that being a vegi is hard work and requires planning ect, but its really not.

LiberalNation
12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
being a vegan i mean, veggi not so much. Do you allow milk products, ect. Everything is enriched nowadays so yeah you can get by with little planning as long as you don't go all natural all vegan.

Noir
12-26-2008, 02:08 PM
being a vegan i mean, veggi not so much. Do you allow milk products, ect. Everything is enriched nowadays so yeah you can get by with little planning as long as you don't go all natural all vegan.

Indeed, being vegan takes real balls, like i care for animals and stuff but being a vegan is a bit far. Aslong as the animal is able to have a nice walk about before giving their milk ect then all is fine, i would never buy eggs for example form battery hens.

actsnoblemartin
12-26-2008, 05:37 PM
chiniese (cat eaters)= idiiots

Psychoblues
12-28-2008, 05:18 AM
How do you separate the Chinese from all the other cultures, meat-eaters, that enjoy a similar diet, marteen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?

chiniese (cat eaters)= idiiots

Or is the racial/ethnic identity exposed in the original post that offends you so?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Noir
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
How do you separate the Chinese from all the other cultures, meat-eaters, that enjoy a similar diet, marteen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?

Psychoblues

Do you eat meat?

If so how do you separate eating cats, to eating duck, to eating lamb or anyother type of animal flesh?

emmett
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM

It's a death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder.

So you don't eat venison I wouldn't think?

emmett
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Look Noir.... You just need a hamburger man! With cheese, a fresh slice of tomato, some crispy lettuce and a pickle with mayo. That'll fix ya!:laugh2:

manu1959
12-28-2008, 09:49 PM

it tastes good.....

Noir
12-28-2008, 09:51 PM
it tastes good.....

I talked about this pages ago, if your justifactaion is that 'it tastes good dunnit?' then what is stopping you from eating a human baby? i mean its an animal too, and i'm sure once you murder it, cut up its flesh and fry it it'll taste like most other meats...ergo it is ok to eat babies?

Noir
12-28-2008, 09:52 PM
So you don't eat venison I wouldn't think?

Nope. Meat is murder.

Look Noir.... You just need a hamburger man! With cheese, a fresh slice of tomato, some crispy lettuce and a pickle with mayo. That'll fix ya!:laugh2:

:slap:

:p

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I talked about this pages ago, if your justifactaion is that 'it tastes good dunnit?' then what is stopping you from eating a human baby? i mean its an animal too, and i'm sure once you murder it, cut up its flesh and fry it it'll taste like most other meats...ergo it is ok to eat babies?

it is against the law to eat human flesh....

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
it is against the law to eat human flesh....

So laws trump morals?

Ergo if it was not against the law you would ahve no problem?

emmett
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Noir.... come on now! You're a vegetarian with fangs my dear!

Maybe I'm just not with it but I see eating a burger and eating a baby as being a little different!

Answer to your next question........

Because I just do!

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
So laws trump morals?

Ergo if it was not against the law you would ahve no problem?

nope ... at that point canibalism does not appeal to me ....

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Noir.... come on now! You're a vegetarian with fangs my dear!

Maybe I'm just not with it but I see eating a burger and eating a baby as being a little different!

Answer to your next question........

Because I just do!

Flesh is flesh is flesh, murder is murder is murder.

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:22 PM
nope ... at that point canibalism does not appeal to me ....

but why not? I mean, taste was you justification no?

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:27 PM
but why not? I mean, taste was you justification no?

yep that is why i eat steak chicken fish etc.....are youtelling me human flesh tastes the same ..... my godmother that was in the peac corp in the 60's in the amazon would tell you different....

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
yep that is why i eat steak chicken fish etc.....are youtelling me human flesh tastes the same ..... my godmother that was in the peac corp in the 60's in the amazon would tell you different....

Well people eat bulls, cows, deer, duck, chicken, lamb, sheep, turkey, pig, fish, cat, dog, rabbit, crocs, kangoroo ect...why should human flesh be any different?

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Well people eat bulls, cows, deer, duck, chicken, lamb, sheep, turkey, pig, fish, cat, dog, rabbit, crocs, kangoroo ect...why should human flesh be any different?

canibalisim.... don't like the taste of duck.....lamb....croc....kangaroo....buffalo....ra ttlesnake....veal.....

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
and if someone did like the taste of human, and it were not against the law, you would not care?

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:41 PM
and if someone did like the taste of human, and it were not against the law, you would not care?

did you miss the part where i said i was against canibalisim....

Noir
12-28-2008, 10:53 PM
did you miss the part where i said i was against canibalisim....

Indeed, so at what point does eating one pound of flesh differ from another?

manu1959
12-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Indeed, so at what point does eating one pound of flesh differ from another?

the taste and that is not of your own species.....care to go round the barn again......

Noir
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
the taste and that is not of your own species.....care to go round the barn again......

Tatse is a red herring, as discussed before.

Judging by species? Why? Does not a dog feel pain as we do? Does it not think rationaly and have a personality as we do? Were does the differences come?

I'll go around the barn all day and night dear, just don't murder the poor animals in it.

manu1959
12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Tatse is a red herring, as discussed before.

Judging by species? Why? Does not a dog feel pain as we do? Does it not think rationaly and have a personality as we do? Were does the differences come?

I'll go around the barn all day and night dear, just don't murder the poor animals in it.

taste is why people eat what they do.....do dogs eat dogs...cats cats....

anyway human biology dictates an omnivores diet....the digestive track and dental diversity indicates such.....

eat all the nuts and berries you like....i will take my steak medium rare...

Noir
12-29-2008, 06:52 AM
taste is why people eat what they do.....do dogs eat dogs...cats cats....

anyway human biology dictates an omnivores diet....the digestive track and dental diversity indicates such.....

eat all the nuts and berries you like....i will take my steak medium rare...

Yes humans have the ability to be meat eaters, but that doesn't mean we should. As I have said before, if we could not live without eating meat then so be it, but I dont think there would be one person on this site who would starve if the did not eat meat.

Eat all the meat you want manu, I'm not stupid enough to think I can change anyones diet, I just wana get why folks think it's ok to eat the flesh of a murdered animal.

crin63
12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
CAT, the other white meat! :coffee:

Small animals are for target practice not food, silly. The big ones are for food.

Kathianne
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes humans have the ability to be meat eaters, but that doesn't mean we should. As I have said before, if we could not live without eating meat then so be it, but I dont think there would be one person on this site who would starve if the did not eat meat.

Eat all the meat you want manu, I'm not stupid enough to think I can change anyones diet, I just wana get why folks think it's ok to eat the flesh of a murdered animal.

It's easier than trying to eat them before death, fast or big they are.

Mr. P
12-29-2008, 02:36 PM

:laugh2:

dan
12-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Chickens and cows are two of the absolute dumbest animals on the planet. When chickens lay eggs, farmers have to take the eggs out of their nests, because the mother will eat them otherwise. That's how stupid chickens are. I have no problem eating animals that dumb. Survival of the fittest is a fact of life, not a suggestion.

Pigs are a different story, they say pigs are pretty smart, but bacon and ham taste good as shit, so there you go.

As much as we like to pretend like we're not, humans are instinctual animals just like any other. And it's been proven that there are enzymes, proteins, etc. in meats that can't be found in vegetables.

dan
12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
As for the original post, I eat a lot of Chinese food, and I'm willing to accept that I've probably eaten some cat or dog here or there. My policy is, as long as I don't know what it is, and I'm not the one killing it, I don't mind.

Noir
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM

There's always one smart-arse eh? :p

Chickens and cows are two of the absolute dumbest animals on the planet. When chickens lay eggs, farmers have to take the eggs out of their nests, because the mother will eat them otherwise. That's how stupid chickens are. I have no problem eating animals that dumb. Survival of the fittest is a fact of life, not a suggestion.

Chickens may well eat their own eggs, but i'm sure they have a reason for it, otherwise they would not exist as there was a time when chickens lived fine without farmers taking their eggs.

Pigs are a different story, they say pigs are pretty smart, but bacon and ham taste good as shit, so there you go.

Back to taste again, ¬.¬

As much as we like to pretend like we're not, humans are instinctual animals just like any other. And it's been proven that there are enzymes, proteins, etc. in meats that can't be found in vegetables.

And back to nutrition...surly i should be an ill person no? and i tell you not only am i a heathy person, but i am much healther than my mates who spend their time eating flesh which has been fried and boiled in fat ect.

As for the original post, I eat a lot of Chinese food, and I'm willing to accept that I've probably eaten some cat or dog here or there. My policy is, as long as I don't know what it is, and I'm not the one killing it, I don't mind.

Well i guess you'd just rather be ignorent and happy.

dan
12-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Well i guess you'd just rather be ignorent and happy.

Don't forget full... as in full of meat! The rarer the better!

Psychoblues
12-30-2008, 05:12 AM
I "rarely" do Chinese, but I eat often at sidestreet Korean restaurants, dan. I love Bulgogi, steamed rice and kimchee. I am certain some of the Bulgogi is dog meat as is prone to the Korean inclination and diet. Whatever it is, I simply LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues