PDA

View Full Version : Rice: Bush didn't ignore any 9/11 'warning,' because there was no 'when, where, how'

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Does she think we're all freakin' idiots or was she just speaking for you?!?!???!?!?!?!??!

The August 6, 2001 PDB (Presidential Daily Briefing) contained all that and more!!!!!!!!!!

1. Osama Bin Laden
2. Immediately
3. USA
4. Hi-jacked Airplanes
5. Conspicuous US Targets

I almost threw my beer when I read that!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, my beer is worth more than anything the idiot Condi has to say about anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect, can I offer any of you part of my stash?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
12-19-2008, 03:22 AM
Hell, I got so pissed I forgot to include the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Published: Thursday December 18, 2008

Outgoing Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has acknowledged that she was responsible for the security failures that made possible the 9/11 attacks. However, she did so only fleetingly and in a backhanded manner before returning to justifications of her actions.

"I do take responsibility -- but this was a systemic failure," Rice told CNN's Zain Verjee during an exit interview on Wednesday.

Verjee had begun pressing Rice with a question about whether she had ignored warnings of the forthcoming al Qaeda attack.

"This is simply not true," Rice replied, saying that there had been only "a single item that said bin Ladin determined to attack – not when, where, how."

Rice insisted the real cause of the failure was that "we did not have the capacity in our systems to share information between law enforcement, the intelligence agencies, and to be able to act in a very quick and decisive way."

"The worst breach of national security in the history of the United States came under your watch," Verjee persisted.

"Absolutely," Rice agreed.

"Did you ever consider resigning?" asked Verjee. "Taking responsibility?"

"I do take responsibility," Rice finally acknowledged, "but this was a systemic failure. ... We, the administrations before us, had not thought of this as the kind of war against the terrorists that we were going to have to wage."

Verjee later brought up former Secretary of State Colin Powell's recent statement that "frankly, the National Security Council system didn’t function in a way that I thought it should have functioned. We didn’t always vet everything in front of the President."

Rice, who was head of the National Security Council at the time of September 11, insisted, "Any principal who ever wished to say something to the President, I facilitated it within hours – not within days, within hours. And the President sat with his National Security team, and everybody had an opportunity to speak their mind."...............................................

More with additional links:
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Rice_takes_responsibility_for_911_failures_1218.ht ml

Is there any truth in those bastards?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sadly,

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Yurt
12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
you think that was teh ONLY warning about terrorists? you guys act like this was the sole warning and of course he should have known...

only fools would believe that bush didn't recieve dozens, if not hundreds of possible scenarios and warnings about terrorists every week. to make this out as the sole warning is foolish. and what should bush have done, ground every airplane.

stephanie
12-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm sure Clinton ignored the warning when he was told about the bombing of the world trade center in 93..........that bastard

gabosaurus
12-19-2008, 12:44 PM
The ConReps have always been in denial about Bush being a vengeful idiot. Terrorism was never a focus for Dubya before Sept. 11. It was all about getting back at Saddam.
It all worked out for the better. For Bush anyway. Sept. 11, 2001 was the greatest in the Bush presidency. It turned him into President 007, with a license to kill.

stephanie
12-19-2008, 12:56 PM
The ConReps have always been in denial about Bush being a vengeful idiot. Terrorism was never a focus for Dubya before Sept. 11. It was all about getting back at Saddam.
It all worked out for the better. For Bush anyway. Sept. 11, 2001 was the greatest in the Bush presidency. It turned him into President 007, with a license to kill.

and what was it when Clinton bombed Iraq..it was because he loved him??