PDA

View Full Version : Manmade Global Warming Theory 'Arrogant'

crin63
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
We already knew that. Its all a power grab by Libs.

CNN Meteorologist: Manmade Global Warming Theory 'Arrogant'
Network's second meteorologist to challenge notion man can alter climate.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
12/18/2008 11:02:44 PM

Unprecedented snow in Las Vegas has some scratching their heads – how can there be global warming with this unusual cold and snowy weather?

CNN Meteorologist Chad Myers had never bought into the notion that man can alter the climate and the Vegas snowstorm didn’t impact his opinion. Myers, an American Meteorological Society certified meteorologist, explained on CNN’s Dec. 18 “Lou Dobbs Tonight” that the whole idea is arrogant and mankind was in danger of dying from other natural events more so than global warming.

“You know, to think that we could affect weather all that much is pretty arrogant,” Myers said. “Mother Nature is so big, the world is so big, the oceans are so big – I think we’re going to die from a lack of fresh water or we’re going to die from ocean acidification before we die from global warming, for sure.”

Myers is the second CNN meteorologist to challenge the global warming conventions common in the media. He also said trying to determine patterns occurring in the climate would be difficult based on such a short span.

http://businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20081218205953.aspx

Binky
12-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm sick and tired of hearing about all the global warming crapola. It's a natural event that takes place every so often and no matter how much the politicians try to make us believe other wise, it will continue to happen and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. Just another idea to make us all pay yet another tax. It always comes back to money.

namvet
12-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I got my 4-5 in of global snow already. and my global temp for tomorrow is 8

red states rule
12-19-2008, 06:18 PM
and Las Vegas as well was hit

http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2008/12/2008-12-17APsnowLV.jpg

April15
12-19-2008, 06:43 PM
When a pebble is dropped into a calm pond does not the wave from it hit every shore?
Arrogance is not thinking man can effect change in nature!

Silver
12-19-2008, 09:56 PM
When a pebble is dropped into a calm pond does not the wave from it hit every shore?
Arrogance is not thinking man can effect change in nature!

I'll bet you actually think that pebble parable is a physical reality... :lame2:

Des
12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
We already know that man can alter the climate and the enviroment. We have been doing it, intentionally and unintentionally, for a long time, in various ways. I think it's arrogant to think we can't and continue being wasteful, though there is a whole lot of unneccesary hype surrounding the idea of climate change. Arrogance is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose...

red states rule
12-20-2008, 12:43 PM
We already know that man can alter the climate and the enviroment. We have been doing it, intentionally and unintentionally, for a long time, in various ways. I think it's arrogant to think we can't and continue being wasteful, though there is a whole lot of unneccesary hype surrounding the idea of climate change. Arrogance is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose...

and how is man "altering" the Earth's climate? By driving our cars. breathing, turning on the A/C in the summertime, and other destructive things?

April15
12-20-2008, 05:43 PM
I'll bet you actually think that pebble parable is a physical reality... :lame2:Yes I do!

April15
12-20-2008, 05:47 PM
and how is man "altering" the Earth's climate? By driving our cars. breathing, turning on the A/C in the summertime, and other destructive things?Removing forests, paving the land, increasing the discharge of carbon dioxide, destroying the ozone layer with propellants, to name a few.

red states rule
12-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Removing forests, paving the land, increasing the discharge of carbon dioxide, destroying the ozone layer with propellants, to name a few.

IOW, by living on the planet Earth

April15
12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
IOW, by living on the planet EarthNot really. Man can live on earth without distressing the balance. Man has gotten lazy and refuses to live within the bounties earth supplies. We waste so much of our reserves. And they are just that reserves, not expendables. We need to treat them as such.

Silver
12-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes I do!

You actually believe a pebble thrown into a pond causes some kind of massive wave felt on far away shores....you think its a physical reality....

Your grasp of is physically possible is simply childish.....

Noting where you live, I understand how brainwashed you are with liberal nonsense.....you can't help yourself....you're a typical product of California public education..probably want to be a social worker when you grow up....

I feel sorry for pathetic lemmings like you...

red states rule
12-30-2008, 08:42 AM
This sums up the global warming nuts in one pic

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KG1urHCjEo8/RhSUwnJ0aFI/AAAAAAAAABA/yK1F15jwvHA/s400/SnowballWarming_big.jpg

12-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Okay, name one person who has increased or decreased the tempature of the world around him. Name one person who has made it snow, rain, sleet, hail, or reveal the son.

You cant because no one has ever done it.

Classact
12-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Removing forests, paving the land, increasing the discharge of carbon dioxide, destroying the ozone layer with propellants, to name a few.You forgot animal farts, hey let's tax the farmers for their cow's, pig and sheep farts producing CO2! Well, while we are at it let's turn the trial lawyers loose on those folks with solar panels! http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/greenhouse-gas-comes-from-solar-panels/88NFLMV83WK8YO4YPA84XQAKPB3N

namvet
12-31-2008, 09:22 AM
You forgot animal farts, hey let's tax the farmers for their cow's, pig and sheep farts producing CO2! Well, while we are at it let's turn the trial lawyers loose on those folks with solar panels! http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/greenhouse-gas-comes-from-solar-panels/88NFLMV83WK8YO4YPA84XQAKPB3N

no they'll tax human farts. the Human animal will pay up.:coffee:

April15
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
You forgot animal farts, hey let's tax the farmers for their cow's, pig and sheep farts producing CO2! Well, while we are at it let's turn the trial lawyers loose on those folks with solar panels! http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/greenhouse-gas-comes-from-solar-panels/88NFLMV83WK8YO4YPA84XQAKPB3N
I don't know where you live but here the cow plops are gathered and the gas contained and used for electrical power. The after they have dried out used for fire as like wood.