PDA

View Full Version : Moving Today

crin63
12-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Well escrow is closed and were moving into the new place today. I have the internet scheduled to be on today but who knows if it will happen.

Theres allot to do over the next couple weeks. The former owner took all the cover plates off the power outlets except 1 in each room. She started to take the lighting but the realtor made her put it back. I'm glad the fireplace was attached or she might have taken it as well.

In case you all hadn't noticed, appliances are expensive. Its about $6,000 for middle to low price range appliances with extended warranties.

Be back when I have a few minutes to breathe.

darin
12-20-2008, 10:00 AM
well, CONGRATS CR!! :D

Mr. P
12-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Why the hell would someone take cover plates?

Hull
12-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Why the hell would someone take cover plates?

Maybe they were some sort of custom ones they'd put on? :dunno:

I'd think though that if you'd signed papers and taken possession of a property, if the seller was taking things that weren't stipulated to be taken, that's theft.

Abbey Marie
12-20-2008, 10:49 AM
$6,000 for a range? I was going to try to get a new one, but that's too much.

Hull
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
$6,00 for a range? I was going to try to get a new one, but that's too much.

I think that sounds like quite a bit just for range. Frigs get expensive, but I bought a nice Sears, because Sears support our troops and I wanted to support Sears, and it's a local business, but I got a nice Kenmore gas range from Sears for a little over $400.

manu1959
12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
congrats....

for the 6k i think he means for the range refer washer and dryer and dishwasher....

sounds like she took everything.....

a good whihrpool gas range is about 1k - 1.5k.....even a top of the line viking gas range isn't 6k.....

Hull
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM
congrats....

for the 6k i think he means for the range refer washer and dryer and dishwasher....

sounds like she took everything.....

a good whihrpool gas range is about 1k - 1.5k.....even a top of the line viking gas range isn't 6k.....

You're right, and that gets back to how this person was legally able to remove things after papers were signed. Was it stipulated that that stuff was going to be taken? If not, I'd be in an uproar.

manu1959
12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
You're right, and that gets back to how this person was legally able to remove things after papers were signed. Was it stipulated that that stuff was going to be taken? If not, I'd be in an uproar.

exactly read the papers......if it says you bought it with all the stuff she took in it and it was not stipulated that she was going to take it ... she is guilty of breaking and entering and depending on the value of what she took petty theft or grand larceny.....i would simply say this to the realtor and if they did nothing i would file a police report and an itemized claim with my insurance carrier ..... then go by nice new stuff .... also you don't have to remove all the cover plates before you repaint everything.....

Yurt
12-20-2008, 07:23 PM
exactly read the papers......if it says you bought it with all the stuff she took in it and it was not stipulated that she was going to take it ... she is guilty of breaking and entering and depending on the value of what she took petty theft or grand larceny.....i would simply say this to the realtor and if they did nothing i would file a police report and an itemized claim with my insurance carrier ..... then go by nice new stuff .... also you don't have to remove all the cover plates before you repaint everything.....

:lol:

you should have been a lawyer....ah, then you wouldn't be as funny!