PDA

View Full Version : Air America Host - Record Snows and Cold Caused By Global Warming

red states rule
12-21-2008, 10:04 AM
This is why libs now use the term "climate change"

This way no matter what the weather is they can link it to "global warming"

http://www.caddylakgraffix.com/images/Wholesale/Wholesale_Problems001.jpg

The liberal mind never ceases to amaze me.

Our nation is experiencing record snows and cold spells, and Air America host Thom Hartmann actually told his audience Friday:

What we are seeing in this cold, that has me trapped in my house here today, is that, what we are seeing is a symptom of global warming. But you wouldn't know that from the crazies on the right.

Speaking of lunacy, Hartmann was so proud of this moment in broadcast history that he created an mp3 of his explanation as to why global warming is making us all freeze to death, and not only posted it at Air America's website, but also included an embed feature if folks wanted to share his astounding stupidity with others.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/12/20/lib-radio-host-record-snows-cold-caused-global-warming

Joe Steel
12-21-2008, 01:34 PM
This is why libs now use the term "climate change"

This way no matter what the weather is they can link it to "global warming

Ever hear of "lake effect" snow?

Lake-effect snow is produced in the winter when cold, Arctic winds move across long expanses of warmer lake water, providing energy and picking up water vapor which freezes and is deposited on the lee shores. The same effect over bodies of salt water is called ocean effect snow, sea effect snow, or even bay effect snow.

Lake-effect snow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_effect_snow)

As the cited piece illustrates, adding moisture to a weather system can produce precipitation. When the polar ice caps melt due to global warming, moisture is realized into the atmosphere and eventually falls as rain or snow.

Hartmann was right.

Missileman
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM

As the cited piece illustrates, adding moisture to a weather system can produce precipitation. When the polar ice caps melt due to global warming, moisture is realized into the atmosphere and eventually falls as rain or snow.

Hartmann was right.

Melting polar ice might explain more snow, but it sure as hell doesn't explain colder temps.

red states rule
12-21-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.funnyandjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/shark-global-warming.jpg

5stringJeff
12-21-2008, 07:27 PM

Hartmann was right.

Lake effect snow has nothing to do with climate change. It's a naturally occurring weather phenomenon.

red states rule
12-21-2008, 07:30 PM
More global warming news????

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Wind chill readings could plummet to 50 below zero in North Dakota, and a blizzard warning has been issued for parts of northeast South Dakota and western Minnesota as another round of snow and fierce winds is expected to create whiteout conditions in the upper Midwest this weekend.
Up to 10 inches of snow could fall by Saturday night across a large swath of North Dakota, from the state's northern edge to the South Dakota border, according to the National Weather Service. Wind chill factors — the air temperature combined with wind speed — is expected to range from 25-below to 50-below zero Saturday through Sunday morning, the weather service said.

"There are a couple places it might reach 50-below up in the northwest" part of North Dakota, said Janine Vining, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Bismarck, N.D. The air temperature in parts of North Dakota could be 20 to 25-below zero by late Saturday into early Sunday, Vining said.

In South Dakota, northeastern parts of the state are expected to get slammed with the worst weather from the incoming storm, according to forecasts from the weather service.

The blizzard warning covering these areas will be in effect from 3 a.m. Saturday through 6 a.m. Sunday. Winds from 20 mph to 30 mph — with gusts as high as 40 mph — are expected.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Minnesota | Iowa | Midwest | National Weather Service | South Dakota | North Dakota | Martin | Clark | Sioux Falls | Duluth | Aberdeen | Bismarck | Sioux City | Webster | Watertown | Lake Superior | Argus Leader | Clear Lake | Britton | Milbank
In northeast Minnesota, along the north shore of Lake Superior, moderate to heavy lake-effect snow showers were expected today. More snow — about six to eight inches — is expected in the Duluth area on Saturday and Sunday, reports the weather service.

In the Sioux Falls area, a blizzard watch is in effect from noon Saturday to noon Sunday.

The approaching storm comes shortly after snowstorms late Thursday and early today (Friday). The south side of Sioux Falls saw the most snowfall in the city, with 2.6 inches, according to reports from the weather service.

Sioux Falls Regional Airport received 1.7 inches of snow. "It was much heavier to the south," said Mike Fuse of the weather service in Sioux Falls.

Sioux City, Iowa, was hit hardest, with 10.3 inches of snow. Already, this month is the second-snowiest December on record for Sioux City, according to reports from the weather service in Sioux Falls.

As of today, Sioux City has seen 21 inches of snow. The city's record snowfall for December is 26.4 inches, set in 1897.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/storms/winter/2008-12-19-midwest-blizzard_N.htm

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
:coffee: Well here in the Seattle area it's been snowing for all most a week with the coldest temperatures recorded since the early 50's global warming my ass

red states rule
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
:coffee: Well here in the Seattle area it's been snowing for all most a week with the coldest temperatures recorded since the early 50's global warming my ass

More global warming news

A Very Cold Start to the Week
Kevin Roth, and M. Ressler, Lead Meteorologists, The Weather Channel
Dec. 21, 2008 4:40 pm ET
West | View Regional Video
Winter's icy grip on the western third of the country strengthens through much of the upcoming week.

The latest winter storm that blanketed the Northwest in snow and ice moves into the Intermountain West bringing mostly snow Monday.

A foot or more of snow is possible over the higher elevations of Idaho, Montana, western Wyoming and northern Utah.

Southern mountains should pick up mainly 4 to 8 inches of snow, except in Colorado where 10 to 15 inches are possible.

Lower elevations could pick up 3 to 6 inches of snow.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/nationalforecast/index.html?from=hp_news

Silver
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Don't you right wing dummies know that global warming caused the last ice age.......Wooley mammoth farts was the cause....

red states rule
12-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't you right wing dummies know that global warming caused the last ice age.......Wooley mammoth farts was the cause....

If that is ture, here comes the next Ice Age

Current snow depths

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/mw_snow.gif

http://www.wunderground.com/US/Region/Midwest/SnowDepth.html

moon
12-22-2008, 07:06 AM
The level of mentality which ignores the warnings of the world's foremost climatologists delineates the boundary between Ape and Man, regression and progress, extinction and life.
'It's cold today so there's no such thing as global warming' typifies the Simian approach to science. 'I'm hungry so I'm going to stick this banana up my ass' typifies their approach to breakfast.

red states rule
12-22-2008, 07:17 AM
The level of mentality which ignores the warnings of the world's foremost climatologists delineates the boundary between Ape and Man, regression and progress, extinction and life.
'It's cold today so there's no such thing as global warming' typifies the Simian approach to science. 'I'm hungry so I'm going to stick this banana up my ass' typifies their approach to breakfast.

I agree with you moon. Perhaps the fools that try to tell us man is detroying the Earth wil listen to those who know better

Global Warming Is Greatest Hoax Ever

There is no global warming. Period."

"Anyone who tells you that scientific research shows warming trends -- be they teachers, newscasters, Congressmen, Senators, Vice Presidents, or Presidents -- is wrong," writes Tom DeWeese of the American Policy Center in a recent issue of his DeWeese Report. "There is," he insists, "no global warming."

DeWeese calls global warming "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the people of the world, bar none. Those who have been fighting against the green agenda have been warning that modern-day environmentalism has nothing whatsoever to do with protecting the environment," he observes. "Rather, it is a political movement led by those who seek to control the world economies, dictate development, and redistribute the world's wealth."

DeWeese describes the relentless propaganda campaign that has been waged over the past couple of decades. "The American people have been assaulted from all directions by rabid environmentalists," he contends. "School children have been told that recycling is a matter of life and death. Businesses have been shut down. Valuable products like freon have been removed from the market. Chemicals and pesticides that helped to make this nation the safest and healthiest in the world are targeted for extinction."

DeWeese warns that the Climate Change Protocol is "a legally binding international treaty through which signing nations agree to cut back their energy emissions to 15 percent below 1990 levels." He insists that "it doesn't matter" if the final version is somewhat modified. "Such a massive disruption in the American economy, particularly since it has nothing to do with protecting the environment, will devastate this nation," DeWeese predicts. "To meet such drastically reduced energy standards will, in the short run, cost the United States over one million jobs."

DeWeese emphasizes that "only developed industrial nations will be bound by the treaty. Undeveloped Third World nations will be free to produce whatever they want. These will include China, India, Brazil, and Mexico," he observes, noting that "eighty-two percent of the projected emissions growth in coming years is from these countries." That fact alone proves that the Climate Change Treaty is not designed to protect the environment. "The truth, of course," says DeWeese, "is that the treaty is really about redistribution of wealth," from America to the rest of the world.

Remember when we were supposed to be frightened because the world was getting colder? When that fraud was exposed, we then were told to beware of global warming. More and more people are now recognizing that this too is nonsense. So, what dread prospect will the conjurors of calamity con us with next? Will they try to stampede us into global governance by warning that the temperature will remain constant? No, that's not scary enough. Probably, what they will do is try to convince us that the earth is getting colder and warmer, simultaneously. After all, some of us might like it colder, some might like it hotter, but nobody likes it both ways at the same time.

http://www.americasfuture.net/1997/nov97/97-1123a.html

moon
12-22-2008, 07:24 AM
I agree with you moon. Perhaps the fools that try to tell us man is detroying the Earth wil listen to those who know better

Global Warming Is Greatest Hoax Ever

There is no global warming. Period."

Enjoy your banana while you can.

red states rule
12-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Enjoy your banana while you can.

I see your debate skills have not improved much

Speaking of scientists.........

31,000 Signatures Prove ‘No Consensus’ About Global Warming

Briefing | By Melinda Zosh | May 22, 2008

Presidential candidate Barack Obama said on Monday that “we have to get used to the idea that we can’t keep our houses at 72, drive our SUVs and eat all we want.” Arthur B. Robinson, president and professor of chemistry at the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, has a different response.

“I don’t want to give up eating all I want because of a failed hypothesis,” said Robinson at the National Press Club here on May 19. Robinson said global warming is not a threat to America. He said that the global temperature increased by just .5 degrees in the last century.

Robinson spoke about his petition signed by 31,000 U.S. scientists who reject the claims that “human release of greenhouse gases is damaging our climate.”

http://www.aim.org/briefing/31000-signatures-prove-no-consensus-about-global-warming/

moon
12-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Probably, what they will do is try to convince us that the earth is getting colder and warmer, simultaneously.

http://www.americasfuture.net/1997/nov97/97-1123a.html

http://www.sighost.com/user/squaremoon/ostrich-0776.jpg

Joe Steel
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Lake effect snow has nothing to do with climate change. It's a naturally occurring weather phenomenon.

You missed the point. Read it again.

Melting polar ice might explain more snow, but it sure as hell doesn't explain colder temps.

I listened to the audio again. Hartmann does say the melting is causing colder temperatures but I don't understand his explanation of why. It doesn't make sense to me. I wish he would have been specific about the sources.

Binky
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM

Sure is, but the powers that big are pushing hard to get us to believe otherwise. They really want that carbon tax and any other tax badly. Money, money, money.........

Apparently they are of the mindset that all people are stupid as hell.

moon
12-23-2008, 04:02 AM
The climate primates will do and say anything to cover their asses over the environmental damage they have caused and to protect their future incomes at the expense of the habitat of others.

A Highly Evolved Propensity for Deceit
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/12/22/science/23angi_190.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/science/23angi.html?8dpc

red states rule
12-23-2008, 05:27 AM
The climate primates will do and say anything to cover their asses over the environmental damage they have caused and to protect their future incomes at the expense of the habitat of others.

Still ntohing to offer to the discussion except insults. I am waiting for you to blame the Jews for "global warming"

moon
12-23-2008, 06:06 AM
I've long since ceased wasting my time on climate primates who deny that we're in serious trouble and wouldn't move to correct it under any circumstances. They are the enemies of science and progress, usually found in incestuous relationships with Creationists and Zionists looking forward to 'the Rapture' as some sort of cosmic approval of their worship of ignorance.

Take you, for example, whittering on about Judaism in a thread denying climatic change which was started by....er......you. You practice predetermined rejection of any evidences challenging your mediaevalisms so there's absolutely no point in providing any, abundant, authoritative and conclusive as they are.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:08 AM
I've long since ceased wasting my time on climate primates who deny that we're in serious trouble and wouldn't move to correct it under any circumstances. They are the enemies of science and progress, usually found in incestuous relationships with Creationists and Zionists looking forward to 'the Rapture' as some sort of cosmic approval of their worship of ignorance.

Take you, for example, whittering on about Judaism in a thread denying climatic change which was started by....er......you. You practice predetermined rejection of any evidences challenging your mediaevalisms so there's absolutely no point in providing any, abundant, authoritative and conclusive as they are.

Yes, it is hard to try and counter the truth with emotion, and doom and gloom attacks

moon
12-23-2008, 06:24 AM
red states rule;

Yes, it is hard to try and counter the truth with emotion, and doom and gloom attacks

Give it up then, and get real.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:28 AM
red states rule;

Give it up then, and get real.

You can fall back on yur #1 talking point - blame the Jews

I can see this morning most of the US and many major countries are having record cold and snow - damn that global warming :lol:

moon
12-23-2008, 06:51 AM
I shouldn't bother trying to understand climatic conditions with a grasp like yours. Just amuse yourself playing 'Pin the Swastika' and try not to get in the way of progress.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I shouldn't bother trying to understand climatic conditions with a grasp like yours. Just amuse yourself playing 'Pin the Swastika' and try not to get in the way of progress.

Then by all means Moon, do not let the door hit you in your racist ass on the way out

moon
12-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Go study your temperature graphs;

http://www.speedysigns.com/images/decals/140c/H/332/267.gif

red states rule
12-23-2008, 07:25 AM
SPOKANE, Wash. (Map, News) - Winter weather eased a bit throughout Washington state on Friday, a brief respite until a predicted weekend storm that could bring a blizzard with "wicked and dangerous" conditions to parts of the state.

Light snow continued to fall in Spokane on Friday, where residents were still digging out from a record storm that dropped 2 feet of snow on the city Wednesday and Thursday.

Schools, government agencies and many businesses remained closed throughout much of the state. But nearly all highways were open.

Skies were sunny Friday over much of the Puget Sound region, pummeled the day before by heavy snow. Still, police in Seattle and many other communities told motorists to stay home if possible because of icy streets.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1754727~Less_snow_but_still_cold_in_Washington_sta te.html

moon
12-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah, so ?

http://www.retroduck.com/images/products/07/07-0428r.jpg

12-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Which is, of course, why you blindly believe in global warming despite tempatures going down, no evidence supporting any man made climate change and the fact that the climate of the earth has been changing for billions of years.

Instead you have to resort to insults in a poor attempt to bully your opponents into accepting your fantasy.

The only real enemies of science and progress are the ones who use junk science to cause terror, take money from people, and bully people around thinking they know everything when they don't know anything. You see junk science isnt truth. It does not lead to progress. it just leads to ignorant and poor people.

moon
12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Instead you have to resort to insults in a poor attempt to bully your opponents into accepting your fantasy.

Larf. I've encountered nobody but ignorant bullies since I got here. You're just another of those that like to dish it out but can't take it.

Suffice to say that the evolutionary line between Man and Blunderman can be roughly determined by the latter's refusal to accept any truth that doesn't suit his selfish agenda. In unimportant spheres it wouldn't matter what garbage Blunderman swallowed, but as we've only got the one planet, and Man needs it to survive, Blunderman must die. It's the evolutionary way of things.

http://www.speedysigns.com/images/decals/140c/H/333/689.gif

12-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Larf. I've encountered nobody but ignorant bullies since I got here. You're just another of those that like to dish it out but can't take it.

Suffice to say that the evolutionary line between Man and Blunderman can be roughly determined by the latter's refusal to accept any truth that doesn't suit his selfish agenda. In unimportant spheres it wouldn't matter what garbage Blunderman swallowed, but as we've only got the one planet, and Man needs it to survive, Blunderman must die. It's the evolutionary way of things.

http://www.speedysigns.com/images/decals/140c/H/333/689.gif

There is nothing to take. There is no global warming and jumping up and down praising yourself as smarter than everyone else isnt going to suddenly make it happen.

Meanwhile there are real issues we could deal with.

red states rule
12-23-2008, 11:05 AM
http://halfthepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/htp_globalwarming.jpg

moon
12-23-2008, 11:55 AM

There is no global warming

Incredible. It will be my pleasure to whack you over the head with this dried turd of a statement at a later date.

emmett
12-23-2008, 12:35 PM
WAIT..................... I've got it everyone! A solution!

Maybe the lefties and Gore Borers were right........... I mean, come on, why be so close minded. I mean that point Joe Steel made really got me thinking, you know with all that obvious factual data about snow ice or ocean ice or ocean snow, well, whatever iot was. It really hit me the other me other night whiloe I was lighting a kerosene heater, one I hadn't used in years, but well, it was the coldest fucking night in history for that date and I decided to take a little of the strain off my electric bill that night, it came to me!

I know the problem now! It's the sun! We should eliminate the sun! I don't know how none of you geniuses thought about this and it isn't my intention to insult your intelligence, only to solve the current problems of global warming which are obviously about to kill us all.

Anyway, the solution! Well...it's simple really. We build a huge set of solar blinds.... yep, blinds. We could install them in space, I'm sure the new miracle president could easily squeeze the cost into his new budget, I mean he is already going to save the fucking world and has everything else figured out, and hell, if he can't, I'm sure his new "team" contains all the brainpower necessary to see my idea a reality.

We could install, in space, the new "Al Gore Earth Blind Cover System". A stationary blind system that could block the harmful, adversly affecting suns rays will are obviously at the root of this problem and with a large handle that extended down to earth we could open and shut them as necessary. Now I realize, democrats and republicans would argue over who should have control of the handle but that could be worked out later in a bi-partisan effort such as is routine with our government.

So.... there you have it... a solution! A sensible answer to the Global Warming problem, NOW, I got to get me another blanket, I'm freezing!

emmett
12-23-2008, 12:44 PM

So who exactly is responsible for the catastrophic problems associted with Global Warming in your opinion?

Would you say Al Gore has contributed by flying around from one Global Warming conference to another in his Jet? (Answer this with yes or no answer for extra credit)

Would it be your opinion then that Republicans are more responsible than Democrats? Why?

Is it George Bush? OK, on what exact day do you think he became the leading contributor to this problem?

Would you blame the Clinton's at all?

Is Al Gore telling it like it is? Is the continent of Africa going to be underwater by last year?

Do you believe in ghosts?

12-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Incredible. It will be my pleasure to whack you over the head with this dried turd of a statement at a later date.

Not sure how you intend to "whack me over the head" with the statement. But its not really that difficult to understand that global warming isnt happening when the world gets colder.

moon
12-23-2008, 01:42 PM

But its not really that difficult to understand that global warming isnt happening when the world gets colder.

You don't even have a reference point for 'cold' , so how do you arrive at 'colder' ?

http://www.enn.com/image_for_articles/29931-1.jpg/medium

red states rule
12-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Are we sure Moon is not posting from the state of Maine?

Sitarro
12-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Are we sure Moon is not posting from the state of Maine?

Or Mexico, he does have a Mexican chicken look.:laugh2:

5stringJeff
12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Suffice to say that the evolutionary line between Man and Blunderman can be roughly determined by the latter's refusal to accept any truth that doesn't suit his selfish agenda.

Interesting. This is a bit off-topic, but:

Let's say you were shown evidence that led to a position that you previously opposed. There was sufficient evidence that it would seem foolhardy not to change your position, but you had vehemently opposed this particular idea in the past. Would you take an open look at the evidence?

12-23-2008, 03:51 PM

You don't even have a reference point for 'cold' , so how do you arrive at 'colder' ?

Its called global tempatures. We are constantly recording tempatures. The last ten years the Tempatures have been decreasing.

Which is conveniently about the time the global warming crowd tried to change the crisis to "climate change". Hoping that people wont realize their little political crisis isnt bad.

Its also about the same time Hollywood started claiming that global warming will cause the next ice age. Very convenient. Tempature goes up - there's a problem. Tempature goes down - there's a problem. And the only solution for the problem that obviously doesnt have any conclusion is the same failed socialist agenda that people rejected in the past. We just have it with another name.

Seriously, its really not hard to see through the little game there. Create the perfect political crisis which you can use to force your otherwise asinine agenda onto the people using an emotional charge of "Saving the planet". Meanwhile make millions by getting people to give you money to solve this problem that exists no matter what happens.

moon
12-24-2008, 04:02 AM
5stringJeff;

Interesting. This is a bit off-topic, but:

Let's say you were shown evidence that led to a position that you previously opposed. There was sufficient evidence that it would seem foolhardy not to change your position, but you had vehemently opposed this particular idea in the past. Would you take an open look at the evidence?

Off topic ? Larf. I shouldn't worry about it. There are Zionist flags being posted in threads which have nothing to do with Israel, juvenile name-calling, personal insults and straightforward goddamned lies, to name but a few deviations from topics and etiquette. You're hardly going to be sanctioned by any of the perpetrators of the former for asking a question.

I've shifted my position on important issues in the past. For example, I fully endorsed taking Saddam's wmd away from him, until I discovered that there weren't any. Some people would continue to claim that there were, rather than fess up to being fooled. The climate change issue is like that. All the trumpeting that there is no change is coming from those with a vested interest, and their employees.

The last ten years the Tempatures have been decreasing.

Credible link required showing a net fall in worldwide temperature sampling results over the past decade. Otherwise give your sphincter a rest.

moon
12-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Nearly the End of the Line for S.U.V.’s

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/24/business/24auto.html?_r=1&hp

Chances are that the climate primates posting here own a couple.